GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sundin interested in the Rangers

+2
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sundin interested in the Rangers Empty Sundin interested in the Rangers Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/NYRangers/2008/08/17/6483606-cp.html

Are you kidding me? They have $700K left with 22 players signed. They can't afford another water boy.

Edit: article suggests the Rangers have $2M to spend, but NHLScap.com has a different opinion.

2Sundin interested in the Rangers Empty Re: Sundin interested in the Rangers Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/NYRangers/2008/08/17/6483606-cp.html

Are you kidding me? They have $700K left with 22 players signed. They can't afford another water boy.

Edit: article suggests the Rangers have $2M to spend, but NHLScap.com has a different opinion.

I don't know their roster well enough but could that 2M in space be as a result of assuming certain players will be in the minors and therefore off the books come October? I don't know I'm just asking.

- Unknown Author

3Sundin interested in the Rangers Empty Re: Sundin interested in the Rangers Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/NYRangers/2008/08/17/6483606-cp.html

There is an article over at The Fourth Period that insists he has chosen the Rangers, stating that they are looking to move Roszival to accommodate Sundin and his 7 million dollar salary.

4Sundin interested in the Rangers Empty Re: Sundin interested in the Rangers Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

On the radio this morning, they said J.P. Barry is denying that he has been in more talks with the Rangers than any other team, and he is still on the fence whether he wants to play again next year or not. That's just what i've heard though i dont know the truth... if that isn't the truth.. lol

5Sundin interested in the Rangers Empty Re: Sundin interested in the Rangers Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:34 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

There is an article over at The Fourth Period that insists he has chosen the Rangers, stating that they are looking to move Roszival to accommodate Sundin and his 7 million dollar salary.

F^&*! If they were just going to turn around and ship him out, why didn't they let Roszival go on July 1? I'm sure Murray could have got him at a better price/term -- by all accounts, he was certainly interested in signing him. I'd love to pick him up if they're really trying to ship him out, but I can't see us taking him now with his current deal. 1 million less and 1 less yr on the deal, and I'd be bombarding Murray with emails myself!

6Sundin interested in the Rangers Empty Re: Sundin interested in the Rangers Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:

F^&*! If they were just going to turn around and ship him out, why didn't they let Roszival go on July 1? I'm sure Murray could have got him at a better price/term -- by all accounts, he was certainly interested in signing him. I'd love to pick him up if they're really trying to ship him out, but I can't see us taking him now with his current deal. 1 million less and 1 less yr on the deal, and I'd be bombarding Murray with emails myself!

Because the Ranger (more specifically Sather) is franking dumb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum