GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Would you? Batherson for Zegras

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Would you? Batherson for Zegras

Nah.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Would you? Batherson for Zegras

Nah.
Especially now that he's injured.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nobody's talking about the big news that Bierk has been moved to scouting and Belleville goalie coach, Justin Peters, has been promoted to the big club.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Nobody's talking about the big news that Bierk has been moved to scouting and Belleville goalie coach, Justin Peters, has been promoted to the big club.

Definitely needed some change there. I don’t even care though at the moment, I’m not even watching anymore

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Honestly, our lack of veteran leadership is apparent. Too many young players loosing focus.

I really hope we can trade either chychrun or Chabot for a solid vet RH top 4 Dman.
We have too much of the same type of D that is careless out there.
chychrun is just trying to get his cookies out there because he knows that his next contract will get negotiated this summer.

Chychrun would net us more in a trade but it might be Chabot that will be depreciating in the next few season.
I don’t like how chychrun plays with the team but keeping Chabot over chychrun going forward scares me a little.

We should be able to even get some sweeteners sent our way in a trade for either guy.
Wait till the summer tho.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Nobody's talking about the big news that Bierk has been moved to scouting and Belleville goalie coach, Justin Peters, has been promoted to the big club.

Definitely needed some change there. I don’t even care though at the moment, I’m not even watching anymore

Here here. This team keeps proving there's a rockier bottom

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if Chych is dealt before Pinto signs.

To Edm: Chych, Kubalik
To Ott: Foegele, Broberg, Lavoie/Holloway

I also wonder if Tarasenko would waive to go to Edm and play with McDavid or Draisaitl

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How many veterans do you need? We've got Giroux and Tarasenko up front and Hamonic on D. Chychrun has played 424 games and Chabot and Brady are both nearing 400. Maybe a better question would be what you consider a veteran.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

JBD experiment should be over. That turnover was egregious

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:How many veterans do you need? We've got Giroux and Tarasenko up front and Hamonic on D.  Chychrun has played 424 games and Chabot and Brady are both nearing 400.  Maybe a better question would be what you consider a veteran.

Well tarasenko is for sure gone. We need a veteran top 9 and top 6 D who will be here for at least 3 years imo. Weegar would be good although I don’t like his contract term. Guentzel would be a good guy to overpay too

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:How many veterans do you need? We've got Giroux and Tarasenko up front and Hamonic on D.  Chychrun has played 424 games and Chabot and Brady are both nearing 400.  Maybe a better question would be what you consider a veteran.

Well tarasenko is for sure gone. We need a veteran top 9 and top 6 D who will be here for at least 3 years imo. Weegar would be good although I don’t like his contract term. Guentzel would be a good guy to overpay too

I have a feeling Guentzel will ask for too much term.
You don’t want to pay him on the wrong side of 30.
Plus he’s gonna ask for way too much.
Don’t forget, he won’t be playing with Sidney Crosby either. Don’t need a overpaid better Dupuis 2.0.

Weegar would be good but he’s a mill or two too expensive. Depends how we get him. I have my eye on him tho.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

So 399 games (Chabot) doesn't cut it as a veteran but 432 (Weegar) does? Or are you saying we need a vet in addition to Chabot (especially since it looks like Chychrun is as good as gone and Hamonic was finally shown the bench).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was fun. Why did it take a half season before we get to play the Habs? Imagine if they played them early on. The confidence boost could have changed the entire trajectory of this season. Now it's just going to worsen their draft position.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

So 399 games (Chabot) doesn't cut it as a veteran but 432 (Weegar) does?  Or are you saying we need a vet in addition to Chabot (especially since it looks like Chychrun is as good as gone and Hamonic was finally shown the bench).

I don't care about regular season games played. I want playoff games or people who play right.

Should we be knocking on Derrick Brassard's door? What about Josh Bailey?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nah we don’t need those guys. The season is over. Look to get some trades or FA done in the summer

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Nah we don’t need those guys. The season is over. Look to get some trades or FA done in the summer

Disagree. It's never too late to bring minimum contracts to teach people to play during the game. I'd rather make these investments with 40 games left then have a slow vet on the team next year tbh.

Tkachuk-Greig-Giroux
Norris-Stutzle-Batherson
Joseph-Pinto-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Chabot-XXXX
Sanderson-Zub
XXXX-XXXX

XXXX
Korpisalo

This should be our lineup heading into next season. Everything else is up for grabs IMO. I'd like to sign Halliday out of college and see how he does at the end of the year. Give Kleven, Jarventie, Ostapchuk, Boucher some NHL minutes but no guarantees heading into next year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Nah we don’t need those guys. The season is over. Look to get some trades or FA done in the summer

Disagree. It's never too late to bring minimum contracts to teach people to play during the game. I'd rather make these investments with 40 games left then have a slow vet on the team next year tbh.

Tkachuk-Greig-Giroux
Norris-Stutzle-Batherson
Joseph-Pinto-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Chabot-XXXX
Sanderson-Zub
XXXX-XXXX

XXXX
Korpisalo

This should be our lineup heading into next season. Everything else is up for grabs IMO. I'd like to sign Halliday out of college and see how he does at the end of the year. Give Kleven, Jarventie, Ostapchuk, Boucher some NHL minutes but no guarantees heading into next year.

I don’t know in what universe is Greig really a number 1C.
I could get behind the idea of trying Norris on the wing bu to me that still pushes up pinto into the 2C and Grieg into the 3C.
I think management might try moving Norris this summer. I hope for their sake that he starts finding his scoring touch again for him to have the value he should.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum