GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Zaitsevs bonus was paid yesterday. I suspect he's out the door by the end of the weekend.

Is this just your personal "suspicion"?  Man, I defended this guy early on but I would be very happy if this comes to pass.  
Garrioch was saying the same thing in his article in the Sun from Friday (happy Ev?)

Pagnotta also linking the Sens to Groux, Strome and Kadri. I feel like Kadri will price himself out of Ottawa but man what a great add he'd be.

Where would Kadri fit at C? I don’t think he’s a target of Ottawa nor would he come here.

Giroux and Strome are likelier candidate but how much RW has Strome played? I feel like he’s been in the C position more often than not.

It is very interesting that Giroux hasn’t been signed by the panthers yet. I think he goes to market at this point. But rumblings are to be believed, he’s looking to sign with a strong contender and I don’t think we’re there. (Yet)

Maybe trading for a top4 before FA could help us in FA after

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Stutzle and Norris could both play wing. Pinto too. And so can Kadri

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Zaitsevs bonus was paid yesterday. I suspect he's out the door by the end of the weekend.

Is this just your personal "suspicion"?  Man, I defended this guy early on but I would be very happy if this comes to pass.  
Garrioch was saying the same thing in his article in the Sun from Friday (happy Ev?)

Pagnotta also linking the Sens to Groux, Strome and Kadri. I feel like Kadri will price himself out of Ottawa but man what a great add he'd be.

Where would Kadri fit at C? I don’t think he’s a target of Ottawa nor would he come here.

Giroux and Strome are likelier candidate but how much RW has Strome played? I feel like he’s been in the C position more often than not.

It is very interesting that Giroux hasn’t been signed by the panthers yet. I think he goes to market at this point. But rumblings are to be believed, he’s looking to sign with a strong contender and I don’t think we’re there. (Yet)

Maybe trading for a top4 before FA could help us in FA after

He could sign here and, if the team is not looking like a contender, they could move him at the deadline.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm leaning towards being okay with ottawa taking Lambert at #7 if Gauthier isn't available.

That speed and skill on Stutzles wing would be amazing. He just needs to learn how to pass a puck which is something Stutzle is learning to do also

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm leaning towards being okay with ottawa taking Lambert at #7 if Gauthier isn't available.

That speed and skill on Stutzles wing would be amazing. He just needs to learn how to pass a puck which is something Stutzle is learning to do also

yeah but lets be honest. that's not gonna happen. he's not a Dorion type pick.
I don't know how I feel about Lambert at 7. I think we'd have to be moving back in the over 15 pick range for me to justify that pick. there's a lot of risk there. which is why I'd be ok with it if we get ourself another 1st or if we make a trade for an NHL player (top 6, top 4)that sees us moving back in the draft for a late first.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm leaning towards being okay with ottawa taking Lambert at #7 if Gauthier isn't available.

I put the odds of that at 0.1%. Would be a huge shock and I don’t see it at all. He’s more likely to be a second round pick than top 10

Would be shocked if it isn’t on the top 6 or Kasper, Kemmel, or the other Finn

Last edited by Ev on Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I don't know how I feel about Lambert at 7. I think we'd have to be moving back in the over 15 pick range for me to justify that pick. there's a lot of risk there. which is why I'd be ok with it if we get ourself another 1st or if we make a trade for an NHL player (top 6, top 4)that sees us moving back in the draft for a late first.

It doesn’t sound like he’s any GM’s pick the way he has dropped. Sens don’t take somebody like that almost ever.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It doesn’t sound like he’s any GM’s pick the way he has dropped. Sens don’t take somebody like that almost ever.

I don’t know about him slipping into the 2nd. Some team with multiple first like Buffalo, Arizona or possibly Montreal if they get a 3rd would take a chance on him but if he winds up in the 2nd round … it won’t surprise me either.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don’t know about him slipping into the 2nd. Some team with multiple first like Buffalo, Arizona or possibly Montreal if they get a 3rd would take a chance on him but if he winds up in the 2nd round … it won’t surprise me either.

I wouldn’t predict he will. But I see it as a higher chance than him going top 10

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The right move buying out white. He’s an nhl player but not needed going forward

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:The right move buying out white. He’s an nhl player but not needed going forward
Agreed. Someone will sign him on the very cheap and he'll be a depth player . My guess is Boston gives him a shot at $2M or so a season 

Happy ottawa didn't trade him to Montreal for an equally bad contract

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The right move buying out white. He’s an nhl player but not needed going forward
Agreed. Someone will sign him on the very cheap and he'll be a depth player . My guess is Boston gives him a shot at $2M or so a season 

Agreed or Montreal or maybe Seattle could take a chance

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Ev wrote:

Agreed or Montreal or maybe Seattle could take a chance

I like it for the fact that it will provide $5.4 million in additional cap space in the 24-25 season. I'd rather use those funds on someone that is a better fit for the team.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The savings this year alone pays for the majority of the formenton and joseph extensions

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t like it. I think he could have been put into a deal for someone else but I understand the move. What annoys me right now is it likely means zaitsev is going to be a senator next year unless we have to pay Arizona to take him on. If we waste a 2nd rounder on someone taking zaitsev I’m going to be annoyed. White was serviceable and could have been utilized. You buy out zaitsev even if it costs more.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I don’t like it. I think he could have been put into a deal for someone else but I understand the move. What annoys me right now is it likely means zaitsev is going to be a senator next year unless we have to pay Arizona to take him on. If we waste a 2nd rounder on someone taking zaitsev I’m going to be annoyed. White was serviceable and could have been utilized. You buy out zaitsev even if it costs more.

Zaitsev needs an asset to be moved 100%

Nobody wanted white. I heard the Montreal trade was for Armia. Just another overpaid bottom six player. It's better they pay him 1/3 of his salary and move on. 

My guess is ottawa acquires chychrun and moves the 7 oa to Arizona along with zaitsev, brannstrom, and Greig

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dorion has to be the only gm in the league who needs to waste assets or retain salary in order to undo his deals. How this man still has a job is beyond me

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Will White get a 2nd tv timeout video when he returns?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum