GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Giroux will be heading to Florida. I really like their chances

They certainly are clearing some cap space.

It’s the florida colorado show at the moment. I wonder who else will try to separate themselves from the pack.

I heard from a really reliable source that his preference is Florida and with a NMC I guess he gets to pick his destination. Trade likely happens tomorrow after he plays his 1,000th game tonight for the Flyers.
My source strikes again. This and MDZ to Sens. He's 2/2

To be fair everyone was already saying that

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

To be fair, I said it very matter of fact and there were rumors of Colorado having significant interest

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:To be fair, I said it very matter of fact and there were rumors of Colorado having significant interest

There were, but Florida was pretty well known as his preferred destination . It wasn’t some secret. Not shi tting on you…

Now ask your source if he will sign here this summer

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Won't know until the summer

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't see Melnyk ponying up for Giroux this summer, but I hope I'm wrong.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Can't see Melnyk ponying up for Giroux this summer, but I hope I'm wrong.
Don’t see why not. He won’t be that expensive and we have lots of contracts coming off the books.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote="Ev"]
tim1_2 wrote:Can't see Melnyk ponying up for Giroux this summer, but I hope I'm wrong.
Don’t see why not.

History.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Don’t see why not.

History.

It Giroux really wants to sign here, they’ll make it work

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Don’t see why not.

History.

It Giroux really wants to sign here, they’ll make it work

Apparently it's between Ottawa, Montreal and Florida

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I can totally see Ottawa picking up Mrazek from waivers and trading Forsberg. Such a Dorion thing to do. Rather than negotiating with Forsberg they would trade him for a pick and get a goalie who has a history in Ottawa for free.

It's actually not a terrible move if we had him as a backup behind Murray as it's clear Gus isn't ready and you can't rely on Murray.

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I can totally see Ottawa picking up Mrazek from waivers and trading Forsberg. Such a Dorion thing to do.

We should trade for him but also sign Forsberg. He’s better than every other option we have.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Trade Mrazek for Zaitsev. That's a move I'd be happy to do

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trade Mrazek for Zaitsev. That's a move I'd be happy to do

Well not happening now that they’re getting Giordano

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I can totally see Ottawa picking up Mrazek from waivers and trading Forsberg. Such a Dorion thing to do. Rather than negotiating with Forsberg they would trade him for a pick and get a goalie who has a history in Ottawa for free.

It's actually not a terrible move if we had him as a backup behind Murray as it's clear Gus isn't ready and you can't rely on Murray.

Yeah. mrazek wouldn’t be bad here. I don’t think he’s a goalie you win with but a decent guy between the pipes.
But unless you magically have murray disappear, it ain’t gonna happen.

I actually don’t mind if we put Murray on IR for the rest of the season and try again next year. I don’t see him being bought out. Don’t think Dorion goes that way. Neither is white getting bought out.
And personally, I don’t mind white on the team. Just don’t look at his cap hit. It’s not like we are looking at cap problems right now.

I just don’t see how we have 3 goalies on way deals next year with Forsberg, Murray and Gus.
Makes no sense. Unless they plan on pushing Murray to the AHL and hoping someone bites if he’s playing well.

I really don’t want a Condon/Hamburgler situation again with a goalie that hit a hot streak and I’m not sure Forsberg isn’t that guy.

I hope someone blows Dorion out of the water for a deal for him by Monday. But it doesn’t sound like they want to deal him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I can totally see Ottawa picking up Mrazek from waivers and trading Forsberg. Such a Dorion thing to do. Rather than negotiating with Forsberg they would trade him for a pick and get a goalie who has a history in Ottawa for free.

Yeah. mrazek wouldn’t be bad here. I don’t think he’s a goalie you win with but a decent guy between the pipes.
But unless you magically have murray disappear, it ain’t gonna happen.

I actually don’t mind if we put Murray on IR for the rest of the season and try again next year. I don’t see him being bought out. Don’t think Dorion goes that way. Neither is white getting bought out.
And personally, I don’t mind white on the team. Just don’t look at his cap hit. It’s not like we are looking at cap problems right now.

I just don’t see how we have 3 goalies on way deals next year with Forsberg, Murray and Gus.
Makes no sense. Unless they plan on pushing Murray to the AHL and hoping someone bites if he’s playing well.

I really don’t want a Condon/Hamburgler situation again with a goalie that hit a hot streak and I’m not sure Forsberg isn’t that guy.

I hope someone blows Dorion out of the water for a deal for him by Monday. But it doesn’t sound like they want to deal him.

They should buy out Murray or trade Gustavsson. Gustavsson isn’t the answer in net. I’m much more comfortable going with Forsberg for half the year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The whole things a mess. Arguably the worst year of the rebuild imo. And I fear last years draft may be a write off for the most part

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The whole things a mess. Arguably the worst year of the rebuild imo. And I fear last years draft may be a write off for the most part

Hard to say but nothing seems to be coming out as a win from that draft. They passed on a few guys that are looking pretty good too.

I think at this point we could get rid of Dorion and keep the existing scouting staff.
They’ve done that through many GMs in Montreal. (For worse mostly for them).

Dorion just doesn’t seem to be working for the team anymore.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya I'd be okay with that. I feel bad for DJ. He's had zero tools to work with

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum