GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 33]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Evander Kane is in hot water after his (soon to be ex?) wife allegedly alleged that not only is he a hound dog, a bad father and terrible husband, but that he also bet on NHL games, including his own games, and that he probably tanked some games to win bets.  NHL is investigating.

He may be betting on games but he had a really good year and it’s not like a player can do much to “fix” games. That’s probably meritless

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It’s sad really that one could make so much money in a career, gamble some much of it away and can’t be able to manage enough of it to last a lifetime.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Evander Kane is in hot water after his (soon to be ex?) wife allegedly alleged that not only is he a hound dog, a bad father and terrible husband, but that he also bet on NHL games, including his own games, and that he probably tanked some games to win bets.  NHL is investigating.

He may be betting on games but he had a really good year and it’s not like a player can do much to “fix” games. That’s probably meritless

Evander Kane is a piece of garbage and none of this surprises me. Probably not meritless.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Evander Kane is in hot water after his (soon to be ex?) wife allegedly alleged that not only is he a hound dog, a bad father and terrible husband, but that he also bet on NHL games, including his own games, and that he probably tanked some games to win bets.  NHL is investigating.

He may be betting on games but he had a really good year and it’s not like a player can do much to “fix” games. That’s probably meritless

Evander Kane is a piece of garbage and none of this surprises me.  Probably not meritless.

The throwing games part was the only thing I don’t think is true. Clearlyy he has issues

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Evander Kane is in hot water after his (soon to be ex?) wife allegedly alleged that not only is he a hound dog, a bad father and terrible husband, but that he also bet on NHL games, including his own games, and that he probably tanked some games to win bets.  NHL is investigating.

He may be betting on games but he had a really good year and it’s not like a player can do much to “fix” games. That’s probably meritless

Evander Kane is a piece of garbage and none of this surprises me.  Probably not meritless.

The throwing games part was the only thing I don’t think is true. Clearlyy he has issues

It's hilarious because that investigation will go nowhere, meanwhile the NHL says nothing about the Chicago Blackhawks harbouring and hiding a sexual predator.

And let's not forget sexual predator Auston Matthews who harassed a female security guard, admitted it, and received (checks notes) exactly zero punishment from the NHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Evander Kane is in hot water after his (soon to be ex?) wife allegedly alleged that not only is he a hound dog, a bad father and terrible husband, but that he also bet on NHL games, including his own games, and that he probably tanked some games to win bets.  NHL is investigating.

He may be betting on games but he had a really good year and it’s not like a player can do much to “fix” games. That’s probably meritless

Evander Kane is a piece of garbage and none of this surprises me.  Probably not meritless.

The throwing games part was the only thing I don’t think is true. Clearlyy he has issues

It's hilarious because that investigation will go nowhere, meanwhile the NHL says nothing about the Chicago Blackhawks harbouring and hiding a sexual predator.

And let's not forget sexual predator Auston Matthews who harassed a female security guard, admitted it, and received (checks notes) exactly zero punishment from the NHL.

Yeah. There’s definitely some policy and company culture changes that are necessary in the NHL. It definitely is an old boy’s club.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I still keep thinking how Randy Lee was here for years working with 19-20 year olds. Hard to believe that getting caught in Buffalo was the first time this kind of thing ever happened. No, not hard -- impossible. This is not a phase. And I can't believe no-one inside the organization didn't know about it.

As for Kane, I 100% agree with Ev. I find it really hard to believe he would either throw a game or really be able to do so. This isn't a starting pitcher.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
He also had a career year

Ev likes this post

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I still keep thinking how Randy Lee was here for years working with 19-20 year olds.  Hard to believe that getting caught in Buffalo was the first time this kind of thing ever happened.  No, not hard -- impossible.  This is not a phase.  And I can't believe no-one inside the organization didn't know about it.

As for Kane, I 100% agree with Ev.  I find it really hard to believe he would either throw a game or really be able to do so.  This isn't a starting pitcher.

Who knows with randy. He could have been repressing things for years.
I wouldn’t be making baseless claims on what he’s done passed what he got busted for.
What he did was bad enough. We don’t need to make more than what is known.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nurse 9.25Mil. They are mental. These new contracts are absolutely mental. Chabot’s contract now looks like a steal.
I can see Tkachuk getting 9Mill on a long term.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Pelech 5.75 on his 8 years. More reasonable

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
The Nurse contract is absurd

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The Nurse contract is absurd

Yeah, but kind of like when we signed Karlsson, they are counting on the mid to later years of those deals being a bargain. They're assuming the cap will resume going up, and it probably will. I dunno...they seem a mill or two too high for now, but in a couple years, that's market value.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Edmonton is like Ottawa in terms of having to overpay to attract stars. And I realize you are not comparing Nurse to Karlsson. But still, Karlsson was *the* best in the league when he signed his contract and Nurse is nowhere near that, yet he's getting paid like he is top-three.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Karlsson also played 30 minutes a night.

I am not sure whose cap situation is worse. Toronto or Edmonton. I still think Toronto is in a worse mess.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Karlsson also played 30 minutes a night.

I am not sure whose cap situation is worse. Toronto or Edmonton. I still think Toronto is in a worse mess.

Toronto would be able to trade their guys if they needed room. Edmonton won't trade Mcdavid or Draisaitel and Nurse likely can't be traded with hat hit.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Karlsson also played 30 minutes a night.

I am not sure whose cap situation is worse. Toronto or Edmonton. I still think Toronto is in a worse mess.

Toronto would be able to trade their guys if they needed room. Edmonton won't trade Mcdavid or Draisaitel and Nurse likely can't be traded with hat hit.

On the topic of Toronto, apparently Logan Brown has been training with Matthews this summer. I find that interesting - both from a development perspective but also from a potential landing for Brown one day

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Makes sense that Logan Brown might have attitude issues if he's hanging around with douchecanoe Matthews.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum