GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 62]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bruce Cassidy let go by the Bruins. I don’t think he’s the reason for them not performing as well. And it’s not like next year they should be better.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Bruce Cassidy let go by the Bruins. I don’t think he’s the reason for them not performing as well. And it’s not like next year they should be better.

Maybe partially? He didn't get very much out of Debrusk and Hall, and Pasta had an okay year. I actually have Boston outside the playoffs next year.

Bergeron is 36, they don't have goaltending, they don't have depth at C especially if Bergeron retires, defense is okay (sub-okay after McAvoy and Lindholm), and not much in the prospect cupboards. They have 6 forwards, including Pasta, on the last year of their deals before UFA, and no 1st rd pick this year. Their stars all have NMC/NTCs, Marchand is 34 and Hall 30. It may be a bit of a painful rebuild/retool in Boston.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I actually see Colin White as a player that Boston could go after. He's from Boston, he's signed to a decent cap hit - it's his salary that's the issue, and Boston has always been good at getting something out of their reclamation projects.

I would have thought Debrusk for White would have been a decent trade, but I don't think there's value there for Boston. Maybe White fetches a 3rd and a b prospect? Would be nice to pry Carlo out of there somehow (ie: White + 2nd for Carlo?)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't see the Bruins making the post season next year, either. Bergeron looked like he was retiring at the end of their last game, Marchand is getting double hip surgery and will be out likely until at least November, Macavoy and Grzelcyk had shoulder surgeries and out until December (may be even longer for Macavoy).

Maybe Swayman stands on his head and they tread water until Thanksgiving, but more likely his game will regress without 2 top D and Bergeron and they'll be too far back.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

That too.

Pittsburgh could be a team to watch with both Malkin and Letang us UFAs. Could see Montreal going hard after both, especially Letang. Washington is on their way down as well. No goaltending, super old Ovechkin, old core. They have another two years tops of being a playoff team until they need a reset.

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now there's a report that Boston will explore trading Pasta in the off season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Now there's a report that Boston will explore trading Pasta in the off season.

It makes sense. He's a UFA after this year and for all the reasons mentioned, Boston needs to really consider rebuilding. He's had a rough two years with injuries as well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Now there's a report that Boston will explore trading Pasta in the off season.

Did you write this report? Sarcasm

I haven’t heard that it dang, if you can trade for him with an extension that’s a guy you go after. He’d be killer on the sens.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've seen quite a few articles and reports suggesting they're shopping him as well. I'd love to add him but he's a year out from being a UFA and he's the type of player making $10M. He'll likely test out the market too. So to give up the farm for one year - it's not worth it.

Boston is probably looking for a Karlsson type return (multiple picks, prospects, and roster players) to get their rebuild going.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Well there you have it. John Gibson wants to be traded. I imagine the Leafs go all in here.

To Toronto: Gibson, Grant
Anaheim: 2022 1st, Nylander, Mrazek, Liljegren, Robertson

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Well there you have it. John Gibson wants to be traded. I imagine the Leafs go all in here.

To Toronto: Gibson, Grant
Anaheim: 2022 1st, Nylander, Mrazek, Liljegren, Robertson
To be honest Ido t think the leafs will have to put up a package that big if they want him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Perhaps. But Dubas and Shanahan's jobs are on the line. A late 1st, a cap dump in Mrazek, two B prospects and Nylander isn't a major haul. Plus they need space to bring gibson in and they need to pay to move Mrazek out

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Do you make this deal?

To Ottawa: Mrazek, Muzzin, Robertson, 2024 2nd rd pick
To Toronto: Matt Murray, Del Zotto

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do you make this deal?

To Ottawa: Mrazek, Muzzin, Robertson, 2024 2nd rd pick
To Toronto: Matt Murray, Del Zotto

I mean… yes that’s an attractive deal. But I don’t know if that’s a deal that would or could happen. Do we need another LHD at 5 mill? Insulation for Sanderson I guess. But it doesn’t help us with our current RHD issues.
I don’t like the idea of having Mrazek on the team.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

But out mrazek and make the deal after muzzins signing bonus is paid. He's owed 2M in bonuses this year and 2M in salary. All of a sudden you can stick him on the bottom pairing for cheap

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Paul Maurice to be the new head coach in florida.

That’s a coach I would have liked in Ottawa.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Looking for thoughts in Mikheyev. I actually think he'd be a decent fit in our top-six. Big body with good hands - played with depth pieces in Toronto and still put up 21 goals. 27 years old but I'd take a flyer on a 3 x $4M deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Looking for thoughts in Mikheyev. I actually think he'd be a decent fit in our top-six. Big body with good hands - played with depth pieces in Toronto and still put up 21 goals. 27 years old but I'd take a flyer on a 3 x $4M deal.  
I like to think we could do better in the top 6. You hope.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum