GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rocky Wirtz really giving melnyk a run for worst ownership in the NHL.

Yikes! Talk about a PR fiasco. I certainly wouldn’t want to do anything with this organization.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Rocky Wirtz really giving melnyk a run for worst ownership in the NHL.

Yikes! Talk about a PR fiasco. I certainly wouldn’t want to do anything with this organization.
\

Yeah he came out and apologized right after, but it sure goes to show you that they are more interested in pretending it never happened. I think they're getting sued by more people affected by the Brad Aldrich thing.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Rocky Wirtz really giving melnyk a run for worst ownership in the NHL.

\

Yeah he came out and apologized right after, but it sure goes to show you that they are more interested in pretending it never happened.  I think they're getting sued by more people affected by the Brad Aldrich thing.

I don’t really care for press releases that apologizes. The fiasco that happen shows you exactly what it’s like. It’s too bad you can’t fire an owner.
But that was disgusting. If I was an employee of the blackhawks I’d be sending out resumes this week.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Most of them have already done that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Another firing in Chicago. What a Dung show

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Another firing in Chicago. What a Dung show

The sad thing is that this disaster probably would've unfolded the same way for most NHL teams, with the coverup being priority #1, and then accountability being a distant second.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The least they could do is get ahead of changing their logo which I am sure will be a subject of controversy sooner than later. Cleveland (Indians) and Washington Communists (lol) have already changed theirs. Seems pretty easy to pivot towards the Chicago Hawks and replace the logo with a bird. But no - this will continue..

And you're right. Zero accountability. I sort of hope they hire Chiarelli as their GM. Cherry on top for an awful organization.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Another firing in Chicago. What a Dung show

The sad thing is that this disaster probably would've unfolded the same way for most NHL teams, with the coverup being priority #1, and then accountability being a distant second.

The Panthers fired Q (although it took them a day) and the team just continued humming along. That's a bit of an eye-opener to those (like 10 years ago) who think fixing a scandal would disrupt the team. If anything, firing Q has made the Panthers better.

For the record, I though firing Q and changing the coach would de-rail the team. Glad I was wrong, because that's a major hurdle to teams doing the right thing next time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens with an assist on another coach firing (they beat the Devils 4-1 just before Montreal lost to them 1-7). Ducharme out St. Louis in, as Habs HC.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

S-Louis in Montreal should be interesting.
No coaching experience.
Apparently someone with an ego and a temper.

I'm just sad he's only getting the interim tag. this has all the markings of a gong show.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Vertigo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:S-Louis in Montreal should be interesting.
No coaching experience.
Apparently someone with an ego and a temper.

I'm just sad he's only getting the interim tag. this has all the markings of a gong show.

He did coach:

St. Louis, who retired as a player in 2015, is a surprise hiring. His only coaching experience is with the Mid Fairfield Youth Hockey Association in Connecticut, where he has coached his three sons.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Peewee to NHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

But he speaks French which qualifies him above everyone else. New GM in Montreal is off to a hot start !

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rask retires.
Marchand suspended for 6.
Bergeron possibly concussed.

Door opening slightly.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tippett fired in Edmonton.

Of course coaching is the problem. Nothing to do with their inability to develop talent, draft properly or make proper trades.

Nothing to see! Move along!

Can’t wait till their stars enter FA.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tippet's biggest problem was he couldn't make a timely save.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tammi Granato named AGM in Vancouver. She's a Concordia alum, like yours truly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum