GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Bergevin Senior Advisor to the GM for the Kings. Someone here called it. Well done!

It was rumoured in a few places (Russ Courtnall knew and hinted on The Suspendables podcast; although he hinted without details).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Canucks hire Émilie Castonguay as AGM. She was formerly a player agent.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kane in edmonton is such a desperate move.
I watched his interview on TSN. He still doesn’t get it. He’s not even good at his own PR.

Terrible move. I’d want that guy as far away from my team as possible.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’d take Kane at that price easily. Who cares if it doesn’t work out. He’s not gonna do anything stupid now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I’d take Kane at that price easily. Who cares if it doesn’t work out. He’s not gonna do anything stupid now.

You sure about that? Seems like the number of stupid things he does grows every year.

Not a guy I want around our young players. Seems like a complete narcissist

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I’d take Kane at that price easily. Who cares if it doesn’t work out. He’s not gonna do anything stupid now.

You sure about that? Seems like the number of stupid things he does grows every year.

Not a guy I want around our young players. Seems like a complete narcissist

I meant if I was the oilers. For a team like Ottawa it wouldn’t make sense. Oilers needed to do something and they are expected to win. Kane just lost so much money, he’ll be on his best behaviour. He has all the motivation now to play well to get a good contract in the summer. So far he’s off to a good start. I think Edmonton made a smart smart move

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He was s perfect signing for the Oilers who were spiralling
They needed to do something

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dorion scouting the Habs again last night. Second time in the last week or so with the first time being against Minnesota.

I have no clue who'd they be looking at besides maybe Toffoli or Anderson. Nobody else fits the rebuild or a Sens need. So bizarre.

Looking at who Montreal has signed, cap hits, etc this may be a pretty long and torturous rebuild. I might be missing something but I thought Montreal traded away their 1st rd pick to Arizona for Dvorak. Maybe they have the option of trading Carolina's pick or deferring the pick?

Edit: I found the language. "BUT if either or both are top 10 picks then Montreal will instead transfer to Arizona the worse of Montreal/Carolina's 2022 1st round pick". This condition saved Montreal's bacon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Kane in edmonton is such a desperate move.
I watched his interview on TSN. He still doesn’t get it. He’s not even good at his own PR.

Terrible move. I’d want that guy as far away from my team as possible.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dorion scouting the Habs again last night. Second time in the last week or so with the first time being against Minnesota.

I have no clue who'd they be looking at besides maybe Toffoli or Anderson. Nobody else fits the rebuild or a Sens need. So bizarre.

Looking at who Montreal has signed, cap hits, etc this may be a pretty long and torturous rebuild. I might be missing something but I thought Montreal traded away their 1st rd pick to Arizona for Dvorak. Maybe they have the option of trading Carolina's pick or deferring the pick?

Edit: I found the language.  "BUT if either or both are top 10 picks then Montreal will instead transfer to Arizona the worse of Montreal/Carolina's 2022 1st round pick". This condition saved Montreal's bacon.

I could see Ottawa trading for Anderson. Probably offering up Ridly Greig and a 2nd.
Not sure that would be enough for montreal tho.

Maybe Savard?on the cheap.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wouldn't trade Grieg.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I wouldn't trade Grieg.

I was concerned about a roster that had Tkachuk, Greig, and Boucher on it but I think Boucher is 3-4 years away if he even ever makes it at this point so I agree, I wouldn't trade Greig.

JBD, Jarventie, Sokolov, Boucher, Kleven, Crookshank, Ostapchuk, Lodin, Romeo, Sogaard/Mandolese, etc are prospects I think could be traded. Thomson, Greig, Brannstrom, Sanderson are not being moved.

I also think the Sens will re-sign Nick Paul to a two-year deal before the deadline. His shift last night in OT against McDavid was exactly what this team needs moving forward.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:I wouldn't trade Grieg.

I was concerned about a roster that had Tkachuk, Greig, and Boucher on it but I think Boucher is 3-4 years away if he even ever makes it at this point so I agree, I wouldn't trade Greig.

JBD, Jarventie, Sokolov, Boucher, Kleven, Crookshank, Ostapchuk, Lodin, Romeo, Sogaard/Mandolese, etc are prospects I think could be traded. Thomson, Greig, Brannstrom, Sanderson are not being moved.

I also think the Sens will re-sign Nick Paul to a two-year deal before the deadline. His shift last night in OT against McDavid was exactly what this team needs moving forward.

Now you don't want to trade Brannstrom?

I'd prefer not to trade Grieg but I could see him being directly targeted in a trade for Anderson.

they could and up being similar players. although Grieg could be a little meaner but he might never be a top 6.

I agree with your list of tradable but apart from JBD, there's not a whole lot of value there. some decent players like Jarventie and Sokolov but nobody that will make a deal great without adding a good assets to it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We have 10 picks to add in lol. All our picks minus are 1st should be on the table.

And with Brannstrom... I'm not sure. He's destined to either play on the right or be a bottom pairing d-man. But they're giving him a lot of reps with Chabot and it seems to be working so maybe there is a future here with us. As I've said before, he's by far our best PMD.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:We have 10 picks to add in lol. All our picks minus are 1st should be on the table.

And with Brannstrom... I'm not sure. He's destined to either play on the right or be a bottom pairing d-man. But they're giving him a lot of reps with Chabot and it seems to be working so maybe there is a future here with us. As I've said before, he's by far our best PMD.

I mean, I’m all for playing him on the right side. It’s just the org had been unwilling to do this until now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rocky Wirtz really giving melnyk a run for worst ownership in the NHL.

Yikes! Talk about a PR fiasco. I certainly wouldn’t want to do anything with this organization.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Rocky Wirtz really giving melnyk a run for worst ownership in the NHL.

Yikes! Talk about a PR fiasco. I certainly wouldn’t want to do anything with this organization.
\

Yeah he came out and apologized right after, but it sure goes to show you that they are more interested in pretending it never happened. I think they're getting sued by more people affected by the Brad Aldrich thing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Rocky Wirtz really giving melnyk a run for worst ownership in the NHL.

\

Yeah he came out and apologized right after, but it sure goes to show you that they are more interested in pretending it never happened.  I think they're getting sued by more people affected by the Brad Aldrich thing.

I don’t really care for press releases that apologizes. The fiasco that happen shows you exactly what it’s like. It’s too bad you can’t fire an owner.
But that was disgusting. If I was an employee of the blackhawks I’d be sending out resumes this week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum