GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 47, 48, 49

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 49]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You guys do understand how winter and summer olympics work right?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:You guys do understand how winter and summer olympics work right?

For outdoor sports requiring large venues it makes perfect sense to align them to specific seasons (soccer in the summer, alpine skiing in the winter). For indoor sports it really doesn't matter. In the case of professional leagues it's best to pick a time which minimizes delaying the regular season. NBA's season is nearly the same as the NHL so Summer Olympics makes more sense.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

For those who've cut their cable, how are you watching the Juniors? Once again I see that Fubo is carrying all games and they offer a 7-day free trial. But I tried that last time and couldn't figure out how to get to any of the content. Very possible that TSN owns the distribution rights in Canada and that's why I couldn't watch it on Fubo.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:For those who've cut their cable, how are you watching the Juniors?  Once again I see that Fubo is carrying all games and they offer a 7-day free trial.  But I tried that last time and couldn't figure out how to get to any of the content.  Very possible that TSN owns the distribution rights in Canada and that's why I couldn't watch it on Fubo.

I subscribe to TSN's service...TSN TV or whatever the hell they call it. Depending on the time of year, I'll subscribe to TSN (Sens hockey, other NHL games, World Jrs, sometimes golf or tennis coverage), Sportsnet (hockey, baseball), or DAZN (NFL).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone looking for a ps5 by any chance?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:For those who've cut their cable, how are you watching the Juniors?  Once again I see that Fubo is carrying all games and they offer a 7-day free trial.  But I tried that last time and couldn't figure out how to get to any of the content.  Very possible that TSN owns the distribution rights in Canada and that's why I couldn't watch it on Fubo.

I subscribe to TSN's service...TSN TV or whatever the hell they call it.  Depending on the time of year, I'll subscribe to TSN (Sens hockey, other NHL games, World Jrs, sometimes golf or tennis coverage), Sportsnet (hockey, baseball), or DAZN (NFL).

Looks like I found a site where I can stream for free. Hope my blockers and virus protection is strong Smile

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I subscribe to TSN's service...TSN TV or whatever the hell they call it.  Depending on the time of year, I'll subscribe to TSN (Sens hockey, other NHL games, World Jrs, sometimes golf or tennis coverage), Sportsnet (hockey, baseball), or DAZN (NFL).

Looks like I found a site where I can stream for free.  Hope my blockers and virus protection is strong Smile

My thing with all those sites is I never found one that was 100% reliable. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a game and then the stream starts to go sideways....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Breaking: Habs have 6 in Covid Protocol!
Sens Fans: "Pfft ... amateurs!"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.tsn.ca/rick-westhead-citing-loses-of-more-than-1-billion-nhl-sues-insurers-over-rejected-covid-19-claims-1.1742015

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The National Hockey League and 20 of its teams are suing five of their insurance providers, alleging the companies have breached contracts by refusing to reimburse more than $1 billion worth of losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Senators are one of the 20 (like that would be a surprise).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So some teams are not joining in, and it's unclear why, but possibly because they have other insurance. I assume that monies from insurance claims would be considered HRR (or at least the portions used to cover lost revenues). But would a court settlement be considered HRR?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And what about when a player is on IR and 80% of his salary is paid from insurance -- would that be considered HRR? If not, then wouldn't that be a huge incentive for the owners to *not* do too much to curb certain behaviours which lead to LTIR (like anything that would lead to concussions)?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
The National Hockey League and 20 of its teams are suing five of their insurance providers, alleging the companies have breached contracts by refusing to reimburse more than $1 billion worth of losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Senators are one of the 20 (like that would be a surprise).

TSN Investigative Reporter Rick Westhead tweeted out that he connected with an insurance expert, and most policies have the whole "act of God" clause defined in them, which COVID would fall under, meaning they don't have to pay out. This makes the lawsuit a longshot. Bettman would know this though, so maybe they have something up their sleeve.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What about Acts of War? Argue that it was the CCP that released it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Bergevin Senior Advisor to the GM for the Kings. Someone here called it. Well done!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Bergevin Senior Advisor to the GM for the Kings. Someone here called it. Well done!

It was rumoured in a few places (Russ Courtnall knew and hinted on The Suspendables podcast; although he hinted without details).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canucks hire Émilie Castonguay as AGM. She was formerly a player agent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 49]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 47, 48, 49

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum