GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

How are the Canucks not yet officially eliminated? (https://www.espn.com/nhl/standings) If they win their remaining 3 games and Dallas loses out in regulation they will tie them in points but would be ahead in Regulation Wins. Dallas has 30 RWs and 40 ROWs -- 6 OT wins and 4 in the shoot out. Boston has 7 OT wins and Tampa leads the league with 8! Kinda makes you appreciate the 93 Habs who won 10 OT games in the post-season.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:What a surprise the Lehner situation is already a disaster in Vegas

It'd be nice to know what is actually going on. I feel bad for Mark Stone...or as bad as a person can feel for someone making $8M USD and living in Vegas. Seems like the magic might have run out.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really hope detroit and Buffalo can win their next games because we’re catching up to them 😅.
I wouldn’t mind drafting 7th.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I really hope detroit and Buffalo can win their next games because we’re catching up to them 😅.
I wouldn’t mind drafting 7th.

We're winning the damn lottery!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

both buffalo and Detroit need to win the next one. unless we lose that is. I'd really love to avoid climbing up two spots.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:both buffalo and Detroit need to win the next one. unless we lose that is. I'd really love to avoid climbing up two spots.

Easy solution is to just lose tonight. But man the Flyers are bad. I think the Sens will put their best foot forward and will blow them out tonight. No shame dropping a spot or two if it means good vibes heading into the off-season.

Kemell, Nazar, Jiricek, Yurov, Geekie, Lambert are within Ottawa's range assuming they don't win the draft lottery. Even Lekkerimäki could be an interesting pick. But I can't help but feel the Sens trade this pick.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd be curious to know what it would take to get Konecny out of Philly. He's the right age for the rebuild and he seems to be a pretty consistent 45-60 point scorer on what hasn't been a good Flyers team. I wouldn't give up my first but I'd certainly dangle a prospect and a pick. I think Ridly Greig's family has ties with the Flyers and he seems to be a Flyers-type of player. I guess I can say the same thing for Boucher as well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be curious to know what it would take to get Konecny out of Philly. He's the right age for the rebuild and he seems to be a pretty consistent 45-60 point scorer on what hasn't been a good Flyers team. I wouldn't give up my first but I'd certainly dangle a prospect and a pick. I think Ridly Greig's family has ties with the Flyers and he seems to be a Flyers-type of player. I guess I can say the same thing for Boucher as well.

I wouldn’t do that. He has the same kind of upside

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be curious to know what it would take to get Konecny out of Philly. He's the right age for the rebuild and he seems to be a pretty consistent 45-60 point scorer on what hasn't been a good Flyers team. I wouldn't give up my first but I'd certainly dangle a prospect and a pick. I think Ridly Greig's family has ties with the Flyers and he seems to be a Flyers-type of player. I guess I can say the same thing for Boucher as well.

Upside - yes. That said a prospect is a prospect until proven otherwise. If it means we're getting a known 50-60 point scorer signed for three more years at a very reasonable cap hit then you have to consider it. I think the emergence of Lodin makes things interesting this off-season. It pushes Jarventie down even more and maybe makes someone like Greig, Ostapchuk, or Boucher a bit more expendable. Everything I've heard from Mann suggests that Lodin is oozing with talent and he's by far the most skilled player in Belleville. Should be interesting to see where he fits in next year or the year after.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Upside - yes. That said a prospect is a prospect until proven otherwise. If it means we're getting a known 50-60 point scorer signed for three more years at a very reasonable cap hit then you have to consider it. I think the emergence of Lodin makes things interesting this off-season. It pushes Jarventie down even more and maybe makes someone like Greig, Ostapchuk, or Boucher a bit more expendable. Everything I've heard from Mann suggests that Lodin is oozing with talent and he's by far the most skilled player in Belleville. Should be interesting to see where he fits in next year or the year after.

I’d put boucher as a trade piece if some team has interest.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

I see no reason Greig can’t produce the same as konecny and he costs much less

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:

Six consecutive years outside the playoffs. At some point you need to stop waiting for prospects and push some of the chips in

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:

Six consecutive years outside the playoffs. At some point you need to stop waiting for prospects and push some of the chips in

It’s five years, but I’m not disagreeing . I just don’t think konecny does much. Much rather go after giroux and Fiala.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Couldn't agree more but Fiala isn't going to come cheap.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

No points for Fiala through 3 games

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Three straight years of making the playoffs followed by missing the playoffs with a winning record . Trotz fired. DJ and Dorions leashes are pretty long

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Three straight years of making the playoffs followed by missing the playoffs with a winning record . Trotz fired. DJ and Dorions leashes are pretty long

Short shelf life. The islanders were never strong contenders under him, they just played boring defensive hockey .

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Three straight years of making the playoffs followed by missing the playoffs with a winning record . Trotz fired. DJ and Dorions leashes are pretty long

Short shelf life. The islanders were never strong contenders under him, they just played boring defensive hockey .

Which seemed to work pretty well. He definitely pushed the team to perform beyond what they would have.

I don’t see trotz being without a job for very long. Be it in coaching or management.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum