GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 62]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Paul Maurice to be the new head coach in florida.

That’s a coach I would have liked in Ottawa.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Looking for thoughts in Mikheyev. I actually think he'd be a decent fit in our top-six. Big body with good hands - played with depth pieces in Toronto and still put up 21 goals. 27 years old but I'd take a flyer on a 3 x $4M deal.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Looking for thoughts in Mikheyev. I actually think he'd be a decent fit in our top-six. Big body with good hands - played with depth pieces in Toronto and still put up 21 goals. 27 years old but I'd take a flyer on a 3 x $4M deal.  
I like to think we could do better in the top 6. You hope.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There's something really satisfying watching former Maple Leafs score big goals. That Kadri trade hasn't aged well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Looking for thoughts in Mikheyev. I actually think he'd be a decent fit in our top-six. Big body with good hands - played with depth pieces in Toronto and still put up 21 goals. 27 years old but I'd take a flyer on a 3 x $4M deal.  

If you look at his 5-5 ice time and O-zone starts 21 goals is pretty damn good. He had 13 ES goals vs 21 for Nylander, but if you adjust it to Nylander's ice time it goes to 21 (same as Nylander). And that's just total ice time; the discrepancy in ES ice time is even greater (he plays more on the PK and less on the PP). Nylander was -9, Mikheyev +16.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

If you look at his 5-5 ice time and O-zone starts 21 goals is pretty damn good. He had 13 ES goals vs 21 for Nylander, but if you adjust it to Nylander's ice time it goes to 21 (same as Nylander). And that's just total ice time; the discrepancy in ES ice time is even greater (he plays more on the PK and less on the PP). Nylander was -9, Mikheyev +16.

I watched a couple of Leafs games this year and he always stood out to me. Seems like someone who we can sign on the cheap and replace C. Brown in the middle-six. He may not be the most ideal second line player but he's certainly a good 3rd liner that would probably excel playing in better situations with more ice time. I think Toronto actually used him on the point of their 2nd PP unit and he played a lot of minutes with Kerfoot, Kampf and Engvall who are inferior to what he'd play with here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's not as good but I think he could have a Clarke MacArthur type effect here

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If I was running the Leafs I would hang on to him and move Nylander and/or Tavares. Tavares simply isn't worth his cap hit and Nylander is the kind of player they don't need (and can't afford). I imagine if they had kept Kadri instead of Nylander they might still be playing. They got rid of the players you need to win in the playoffs -- Kadri, C. Brown, even Hyman. With the lineup they have now the only awards they'll win past April are individual ones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum