GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The "rumored" Flames trade was Tkachuk, a 1st rd pick, former 1st rd pick, and two prospects. Other reports had them including Monahan. Sutter said these rumors were largely media driven - take that with a grain of salt.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Vegas is 2 points out of the last wildcard spot but have a game in hand. Other teams vying for those wildcard spots include Anaheim, LA and Vancouver (in their Division), and Nashville, Colorado (!) and Dallas in the Central. They are missing Pacioretty (broken foot, week-to-week), Stone (won't need surgery, close to returning), Karlsson (broken foot, up to 6 weeks). They were expecting Tuch to come back around January but now that's off the table, along with Krebs. So their situation went from bad to really bad, with Stone the only one close to a return, while losing Karlsson and Krebs (and no Tuch coming back in January). Lehner looked really frustrated in that 4-0 loss (and it would have been much worse if he didn't make a ton of great saves and a few lucky ones). This team is reeling and they may well be *mostly* dead by the time Eichel is ready. Maybe Pacioretty can be Miracle Max.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Vegas is 2 points out of the last wildcard spot but have a game in hand.  Other teams vying for those wildcard spots include Anaheim, LA and Vancouver (in their Division), and Nashville, Colorado (!) and Dallas in the Central.   They are missing Pacioretty (broken foot, week-to-week), Stone (won't need surgery, close to returning), Karlsson (broken foot, up to 6 weeks).  They were expecting Tuch to come back around January but now that's off the table, along with Krebs.  So their situation went from bad to really bad, with Stone the only one close to a return, while losing Karlsson and Krebs (and no Tuch coming back in January).  Lehner looked really frustrated in that 4-0 loss (and it would have been much worse if he didn't make a ton of great saves and a few lucky ones).  This team is reeling and they may well be *mostly* dead by the time Eichel is ready.  Maybe Pacioretty can be Miracle Max.

Can’t stand Vegas and think they will fizzle out in the near future. They just added a player with completely unknown health to their already fragile group. Lehner is a complete wild card in net. This team is full of red flags.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Vegas is 2 points out of the last wildcard spot but have a game in hand.  Other teams vying for those wildcard spots include Anaheim, LA and Vancouver (in their Division), and Nashville, Colorado (!) and Dallas in the Central.   They are missing Pacioretty (broken foot, week-to-week), Stone (won't need surgery, close to returning), Karlsson (broken foot, up to 6 weeks).  They were expecting Tuch to come back around January but now that's off the table, along with Krebs.  So their situation went from bad to really bad, with Stone the only one close to a return, while losing Karlsson and Krebs (and no Tuch coming back in January).  Lehner looked really frustrated in that 4-0 loss (and it would have been much worse if he didn't make a ton of great saves and a few lucky ones).  This team is reeling and they may well be *mostly* dead by the time Eichel is ready.  Maybe Pacioretty can be Miracle Max.

Can’t stand Vegas and think they will fizzle out in the near future. They just added a player with completely unknown health to their already fragile group. Lehner is a complete wild card in net. This team is full of red flags.

Agreed. A team of over-achievers managed by an inept GM. In another year or two that Stone contract is going to look terrible if it doesn't already. Not a lot to cheer for in Vegas IMO

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Yes but isn’t it part of the fun? An owner playing With his team as if it was a video game?

I don’t like the deal so much from where Buffalo stands. Krebs has a lot to prove.
Hopefully for them vegas sucks and that top pick is moved to the 2023 draft and vegas sucks again. Maybe Eichel need recovers fully from the surgery.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Calgary rumoured package was obviously wrong or it would have blown this one out of the water. Tkachuk could have been traded again for another great 3 pieces.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yes but isn’t it part of the fun? An owner playing With his team as if it was a video game?

I don’t like the deal so much from where Buffalo stands. Krebs has a lot to prove.
Hopefully for them vegas sucks and that top pick is moved to the 2023 draft and vegas sucks again. Maybe Eichel need recovers fully from the surgery.

I wouldn't have traded for Eichel, but I love how aggressive Vegas is being. They've been to the Stanley Cup Finals once, and the Conference Finals twice, and then had one first round loss in the playoffs. So, "inept GM" or whatever other criticism we want to throw at them, they've been very successful.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Things in Van City looking real toxic right now. They have a certain RW I'd love to bring over via trade

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Things in Van City looking real toxic right now. They have a certain RW I'd love to bring over via trade

Alex Chiasson?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Brock Boeser !

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mine is funnier.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Mine is funnier.

Chiasson aka Bad Spezza

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Went to the Tuesday game vs Carolina in Vegas. Pretty sweet arena/in-game entertainment. Easy to have a lively crowd on the Strip with a bunch of drunk tourists and sunny 25C weather. It's ridiculous.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Went to the Tuesday game vs Carolina in Vegas.  Pretty sweet arena/in-game entertainment.  Easy to have a lively crowd on the Strip with a bunch of drunk tourists and sunny 25C weather.  It's ridiculous.

Nice! I’ve been thinking of going to vegas for a sens game. Maybe I a couple of years when we can actually beat them 😉

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And a ticket to a hockey game is actually one of the least expensive evening outings on the strip!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bergevin fired. More importantly, Timmins fired. He’s been in montreal, for so long. They haven’t drafted well under his guidance.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also fired was VP of Public Affairs/Communications, Paul Wilson. Actually that's the one position for which being a francophone should have been one of the highest priorities.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Green out, Boudreau in, in Vancouver.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum