GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bergevin fired. More importantly, Timmins fired. He’s been in montreal, for so long. They haven’t drafted well under his guidance.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Also fired was VP of Public Affairs/Communications, Paul Wilson. Actually that's the one position for which being a francophone should have been one of the highest priorities.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Green out, Boudreau in, in Vancouver.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Benning fired also.

Fans must be happy with this one.
He hasn’t done a good job building a contender.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pretty much a house cleaning in Vancouver (AC and AGM also gone). Let's see Melnyk do a "Hold my beer" and sell the team (coaching staff, management team, *OWNER* all fired!)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

That would be nice. A lot of people are talking about how Melnyk is locking up his core and finally shelling out money. Every deal is backloaded with real money being paid out in 2023/24.

Examples:
- Tkachuk is making $4M this year, $10.5M in 2023/24
- Batherson is making $2.5M this year, $5.4M in 2023/24
- Chabot is making $10M in 2024/25 ($7M this year)

So really, he hasn't committed to dung just yet. If anything, it looks like he and Dorion are putting pieces into place for a sale over the next year or two. One can hope.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:That would be nice. A lot of people are talking about how Melnyk is locking up his core and finally shelling out money. Every deal is backloaded with real money being paid out in 2023/24.

Examples:

So really, he hasn't committed to dung just yet. If anything, it looks like he and Dorion are putting pieces into place for a sale over the next year or two. One can hope.

Basically all new nhl contracts are backloaded now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:That would be nice. A lot of people are talking about how Melnyk is locking up his core and finally shelling out money. Every deal is backloaded with real money being paid out in 2023/24.

Examples:

Regardless, he hasn't ponied anything up yet. Point doesn't change

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

Examples:

Technically they are reducing the salary for the years where escrow is expected to be high. So it could just be coincidence. *could*

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

All these firings go to show how much leash Dorion has with Melnyk. Either Dorion is in thin ice or the the problems with this team shouldn't all be put on Melnyk's shoulders

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

AV available as well (Flyers fire Vigneault).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Examples:

Regardless, he hasn't ponied anything up yet. Point doesn't change

He’s ponied the minimum. To get us to the floor.

I don’t see an owner investing what needs to be invested. Just look outside the players for proof of that. We have one of the smallest scouting/head office in the league.
If he can save a dime, he will.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:AV available as well (Flyers fire Vigneault).

Im loving the GM/coach carrousel going on. I hope it picks up speed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That Spezza hit on Pionk did not look good. Pionk is diving to bat a puck out of the zone and Spezza comes in an lowers his knee right to the head. In-person hearing. And as someone pointed out on twitter this means Spezza will retire with more life-time suspensions than Chris Neil.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:All these firings go to show how much leash Dorion has with Melnyk. Either Dorion is in thin ice or the the problems with this team shouldn't all be put on Melnyk's shoulders

Of course all the problems should be put on Melnyk's shoulders. When you spend the absolute minimum on everything (payroll, front office, etc), this is what you get. Thank goodness for the decent drafting or we'd have no hope for the future.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd rather be at the bottom with cap space and decent prospects vs at the bottom with a ton of terrible contracts and nothing in the system (see Vancouver, Philly, etc).

Ticket sales would in theory yield more money to put towards players, management, etc. Sens fans started abandoning the team before their last playoff run. If you recall they weren't selling out playoff games. Melnyk needs to spend money to get people back, I agree, but it's hard to spend money when you don't have money generated from the fans. Chicken or egg situation here

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

6 games for Spezza.

Lucky for him he's on league minimum so it won't be that much Smile

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd rather be at the bottom with cap space and decent prospects vs at the bottom with a ton of terrible contracts and nothing in the system (see Vancouver, Philly, etc).

Ticket sales would in theory yield more money to put towards players, management, etc. Sens fans started abandoning the team before their last playoff run. If you recall they weren't selling out playoff games. Melnyk needs to spend money to get people back, I agree, but it's hard to spend money when you don't have money generated from the fans. Chicken or egg situation here

Nobody trusts Melnyk and nor should we. He needs to leave, and then attendance will increase.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum