GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think I've watched more games in the last two days than I watched all of last playoffs.

I watched a ton last playoffs too, but mainly the first round. This year the first round has been great so far.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big game at 3:30 today. If Van wins, they pass the sens on the standings.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's go Canucks!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

God damn Calgary…. 😒

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone listening to the NBCsn stream for the caps? I can’t get it out of my head that the play by play commentator sounds exactly like John Lithgow! 😂

That alone is worth the stream

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Anyone listening to the NBCsn stream for the caps? I can’t get it out of my head that the play by play commentator sounds exactly like John Lithgow! 😂

That alone is worth the stream

Would be even funnier if he sounded like John Lithgow as Dr. Emilio Lizardo from Buckaroo Banzai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz9Klvmoli4

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:God damn Calgary…. 😒

Not last! Put that on a banner and hoist it to the rafters at the home opener!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good for the Habs for taking the 1st game.

That Tavares hit was brutal. If you haven’t seen it you need to see it in real time.
Not sure if he’s not done for round 1.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I hate seeing all the Leaf trolls online calling it an intentional hit to the head. Not only does the replay show Perry trying to avoid him but Perry's post-game interview was heartbreaking to watch. They're former Olympic teammates, friends, and he genuinely looks broken-up over it. He answered the call with Foligno which was classy by Perry and classless by Foligno. Guy is a joke.

Hoping Tavares is okay. Leafs are in serious trouble without him. I still think Toronto wins the series but their lack of depth is definitely going to be an issue. Their bottom six was awful last night save a few shifts and it's evident Montreal plans on being physical and forechecking hard. Won't be easy for Toronto.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It wasn't classless by Foligno, emotions were obviously boiling over, and Perry is a known Grade A bunghole. That said, I don't believe any of it was intentional either. But Nick Foligno is a good human being.

The Leafs are in serious trouble with or without Tavares because Carey Price was phenomenal. If he's in the zone...yikes.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The leafs have proven this season that they can lose to any team. they just don't compete to the level needed to win in the playoffs.

You want to talk about an bunghole? Matthews.
Perry plays hockey with heart and plays for his team. Matthews plays for himself and a real-life Donkey.

i really hope Montreal can win this. if they can't, i don't see toronto even making it to the ECF.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep, full on cheering for Montreal in this one. Can't stand Matthews either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Good for the Habs for taking the 1st game.

That Tavares hit was brutal. If you haven’t seen it you need to see it in real time.
Not sure if he’s not done for round 1.

He has a concussion and a knee injury.  The knee will be 2 weeks or more.  Concussion -- who knows.  Suffice it to say he's done for Round 1.

Last edited by wprager on Sat May 22, 2021 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:The leafs have proven this season that they can lose to any team. they just don't compete to the level needed to win in the playoffs.

You want to talk about an bunghole? Matthews.
Perry plays hockey with heart and plays for his team. Matthews plays for himself and a real-life Donkey.

i really hope Montreal can win this. if they can't, i don't see toronto even making it to the ECF.

It was really apparent when Spezza went over and kept talking to JT the full 5 minutes while they were assessing him, and then the camera moves over to Matthews sitting on the bench. And in case anyone thinks it's because Sezza was already on the ice, there were 9 blue-shirts standing around JT.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm still not 100% sure I can say Matthews plays "for himself" but his demeanor on the ice certainly shows a lack of emotion; that said, he showed little emotion when he scored 4 in his first game, too.  I don't profess to be able to read his mind but there is a huge difference between Matthews and, say, Stone or Ovi or Crosby or ...

Last edited by wprager on Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im loving hockey boards tonight. Leafs fans are trading each and every players off their team. Burning things down to the ground 🤣

I mean, I thinks there’s a move or two coming but it’s unlikely they make the right one.

Still, they’ll be lots of vultures circling Toronto this summer.

I wonder if they bring in Torts Thinking. That would be amazing 😂

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m just glad we didn’t slide from 10th to 11th

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Think it’s cute that the leafs “core” is taking this on them (and they should) and management is saying they don’t want to make changes to their core and think they can make it.

See you all again for. Repeat next year, same time! 😆

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum