GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Im loving hockey boards tonight. Leafs fans are trading each and every players off their team. Burning things down to the ground 🤣

I mean, I thinks there’s a move or two coming but it’s unlikely they make the right one.

Still, they’ll be lots of vultures circling Toronto this summer.

I wonder if they bring in Torts Thinking. That would be amazing 😂

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’m just glad we didn’t slide from 10th to 11th

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Think it’s cute that the leafs “core” is taking this on them (and they should) and management is saying they don’t want to make changes to their core and think they can make it.

See you all again for. Repeat next year, same time! 😆

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Matthews has played 32 playoff games and has 24 points, and 2 PIMs.  His production has probably been OK for a younger guy still figuring out the playoffs.  He's still only 23 years old.  That said, what is more concerning is his lack of intensity.  You see those 2 PIMs, you see those incidents where he's getting ragdolled around with a stupid grin on his face, and you just wonder if he lacks that extra gear.

Marner's stats are pretty much identical...32 playoff games, 25 points (only 5 goals though).  And he's 24 years old.  

So yeah, maybe the problem isn't actually with those two guys...on paper at least.  But you just watch them play and you don't see, yet, the intensity required for a long playoff run.  This is probably part of the reason why Tavares was named captain (this and the fact that Auston Matthews is scum and that gross story about him sexually harassing the security guard hit the news around the time they were picking a captain).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Matthews has played 32 playoff games and has 24 points, and 2 PIMs.  His production has probably been OK for a younger guy still figuring out the playoffs.  He's still only 23 years old.  That said, what is more concerning is his lack of intensity.  You see those 2 PIMs, you see those incidents where he's getting ragdolled around with a stupid grin on his face, and you just wonder if he lacks that extra gear.

Marner's stats are pretty much identical...32 playoff games, 25 points (only 5 goals though).  And he's 24 years old.  

So yeah, maybe the problem isn't actually with those two guys...on paper at least.  But you just watch them play and you don't see, yet, the intensity required for a long playoff run.  This is probably part of the reason why Tavares was named captain (this and the fact that Auston Matthews is scum and that gross story about him sexually harassing the security guard hit the news around the time they were picking a captain).

I believe I read somewhere that Marner has more puck-over-glass penalties than goals in the post-season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
And we signed Dadonov instead of Toffoli Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And we signed Dadonov instead of Toffoli Facepalm

That’s not even true.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And we signed Dadonov instead of Toffoli Facepalm

That’s not even true.

Well apparently the sens wanted toffoli but they Dorion stated that Dadonov was their first target.

But what else do you expect him to say?

I haven’t heard we chose Dadonov over toffoli though. Toffoli chose MTL

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Who would have predicted the Habs swept the Jets.

Give credit where credit is due. Schiefele for taking himself out 😂

I hope we see a colorado Habs series next.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:

That’s not even true.

Toffoli was rumored to want to come here. Same with Perry

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

That’s not even true.

Toffoli was rumored to want to come here. Same with Perry

Not true. Tofolli chose to sign with Montreal.

Why would either player sign in Ottawa over Montreal?

Dadonov signed here because of the money and term.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/01/ottawa-senators-missed-out-on-free-agent.html

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/01/ottawa-senators-missed-out-on-free-agent.html

Yeah, they pursued him and he didn’t sign.

Not much more to say .

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/01/ottawa-senators-missed-out-on-free-agent.html

Not much more to say .

Right. What I am saying is probably a little more money would have done it or a bit more of a push.

Meanwhile the Habs looks really good. I can't see them getting through the next round but they're a good story nonetheless. But I guess someone had to come out of the North division. Edmonton is a two players team, Toronto is a bunch of chokers, and Winnipeg's injuries, suspension, and lack of depth really did them in

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Toffoli doesn't really fit what we need. He wouldn't have been this big difference maker here...I really don't care that we "missed" out on him. Montreal made way more sense. Also, I have no earthly idea why Corey Perry is even being brought up. Absolutely zero chance he would've signed here unless we were the only team to offer him a contract.....and then he would've totally gone to waste.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Not much more to say .

Right. What I am saying is probably a little more money would have done it or a bit more of a push.

Meanwhile the Habs looks really good. I can't see them getting through the next round but they're a good story nonetheless. But I guess someone had to come out of the North division. Edmonton is a two players team, Toronto is a bunch of chokers, and Winnipeg's injuries, suspension, and lack of depth really did them in

I don’t know. I could see montreal having an easier time against vegas than colorado. Tht said they are definitely the underdog in that series but I no longer consider it impossible.

If anything, they’ve shown they can surprise.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
If Colordo comes through tonight and it goes to game 7, triple OT, significant injury plus everyone else banged up -- yeah, sure, Price could steal a game. But beside that, they don't stand a chance.

Just like they didn't stand a chance against the Leafs or the Jets.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:If Colordo comes through tonight and it goes to game 7, triple OT, significant injury plus everyone else banged up -- yeah, sure, Price could steal a game.   But beside that, they don't stand a chance.

Just like they didn't stand a chance against the Leafs or the Jets.

Dude, are you trying to jinx the habs into winning it?
😆

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum