GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 18]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Someone should just keep Eichel away from reporters. Buffalo need to trade this guy. Seems like he’s wanted out of that market forever.
Him and his 2 goals won’t attract much interest if he’s ghe type of guy that spends half the time complaining and the other half injured.

There’s a good market for him RN and if I was Buffalo I wouldn’t start the season with him in the lineup

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, I wouldn't touch Eichel with a 10 foot pole. Such a whiny baby. $10M per season until 25/26. Good luck with that.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Playoffs apparently start Saturday. Boston / Washington should be a good series! Put Matrix in net and ya can't lose, Capitals!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Taylor Hall fitting in perfectly with Boston. I'm assuming they plan on giving him Krejci's money and re-signing him to a 5 year contract or so. Rask an RFA as well but I don't see him making more than his current $7M/yr. Can't believe he's 34 already. It seems like just yesterday Toronto got hosed

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hahaha remember when they chose...who was it...Justin Pogge? over Rask?? Delightful.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Taylor Hall fitting in perfectly with Boston. I'm assuming they plan on giving him Krejci's money and re-signing him to a 5 year contract or so. Rask an RFA as well but I don't see him making more than his current $7M/yr. Can't believe he's 34 already. It seems like just yesterday Toronto got hosed

I’m not super familiar with Boston’s system but do they have anyone to replace Krejci?
Every year we expect Boston to start down trending yet they manage to find a way to keep contending. I wouldn’t say they are the Bruins of a few years ago but not knowing their system, I’m not sure where they are heading. Keeping Hall seems like something that was gonna happen. Hadnt it been for cap issues, he’d probably would have signed there instead of Buffalo.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I was looking at the list of FA this summer to see who ottawa could target IF they target anyone.

I thought Savard was older than 30. He could be a guy that the sens go after if he’s willing to sign a 2-3 year deal. It will be interesting to see how he fairs in tampa during the playoffs. Could be that top pairing guy for Chabot or take’s zub’s place if they push him up.
Definitely comes from a system which you’re expected to work hard so I’d imagine a smoother transition.

Obviously Hamilton is a guy you want but I’m not sure he’d want us over some of the other contending teams for his services.

It gets really skinny after that. I’m not a Fan of RNH as our number 1C (debatably 2C) as I’m not sold yet on if Norris can be our guy and I still hold the belief that St├╝tzle is a winger. I still feel like Dorion would have to trade for a number 1C.
There’s rumours that Eichel could be heading to LA so that might free up one of their highly touted C prospects (that doesn’t go the other way I’m the trade)..
But with kusnetsov (not thank you, lack of work ethics) on the market and other guys in FA like stastny (who could be a second line C option worst case scenario) as well as other guys said to be on the market(literally anyone playing C for Nashville), It might drive the price down for a number 1C prospect down a little.

Dorion loves trading. The law of average says hes gonna get one right after the last few ones he hasn’t.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The problem with trying to look at FAs or potential trade targets this summer is that the expansion draft throws everything off. Teams might be willing to trade some names we haven't even heard tossed out yet because otherwise they'd likely lose them in expansion. Ottawa is in a very good position for signing/trading if they opt to go that route.

And the best news of all is that our defense and centre woes might all be able to be fixed internally by our prospects like Shane Pinto, JBD, Brannstrom, Sanderson, etc, but we just don't know for sure yet.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
It sounds like Calgary is on the verge of burning it down. Expected to trade Gaudreau and expose Giordano. I'd definitely put feelers out there for Tkachuk and Monahan.

This is the type of year where it makes sense to trade a 1st rd pick. I bet we can sweeten with a young d-man, L. Brown, and another F prospect for Tkachuk.

To Ottawa: M. Tkachuk
To Calgary: 1st rd pick (top two protected), Sogaard/Daccord, Thomson, Brown, Jarventie

Do you pull the trigger?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It sounds like Calgary is on the verge of burning it down. Expected to trade Gaudreau and expose Giordano. I'd definitely put feelers out there for Tkachuk and Monahan.

This is the type of year where it makes sense to trade a 1st rd pick. I bet we can sweeten with a young d-man, L. Brown, and another F prospect for Tkachuk.

To Ottawa: M. Tkachuk
To Calgary: 1st rd pick (top two protected), Sogaard/Daccord, Thomson, Brown, Jarventie

Do you pull the trigger?

No chance I'm giving up all that for Tkachuk. If we're gonna make a crazy trade, it's gotta be for a #1 centre or a top 2 d-man, not a winger.

Also, as we've seen with having multiple Staals on the same team, I'm not sure having high-profile siblings on a team is a great idea.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’d be weary of adding monahan to my team. I’d be afraid of his work ethics. Anyone out of Calgary is buyers beware apart from Tkachuk and I don’t get te sense that Matthew is a guy they want to trade at all. Quite the contrary. Unless of course, he wants out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cole Caufield man...good for him, Montreal needed a spark.

The NHL start times today were a little bonkers. Montreal/Edmonton is almost over and the Sens/Leafs are at 8.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Yeah Caufield is going to be a thorn in the Sens side for a really long time. That is if he manages to stay healthy. He reminds me a lot of pint-sized Hertl.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Why is there a regular season game on the same day as a playoff game CMON NHL GET IT TOGETHER.

not gonna lie, a bit excited to watch some playoff hockey.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I think I've watched more games in the last two days than I watched all of last playoffs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I think I've watched more games in the last two days than I watched all of last playoffs.

I watched a ton last playoffs too, but mainly the first round. This year the first round has been great so far.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big game at 3:30 today. If Van wins, they pass the sens on the standings.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Let's go Canucks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum