GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020

+3
Flo The Action
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 17]

76!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 6 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:45 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Martin, Turris, AA, Wilson, Kubalik would be my targets.

Would prefer a legit top-six via trade but that's unlikely to happen at this point.

77!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 6 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:46 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Martin, Turris, AA, Wilson, Kubalik would be my targets.

Would prefer a legit top-six via trade but that's unlikely to happen at this point.

Are the bridges burned or can we get Turris back...

78!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 6 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:12 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, Tyler Johnson waived!

Can we claim him??

79!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 6 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Looked at his stats and I retract taking him.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Looked at his stats and I retract taking him.

I made a joke about him 2 days ago. Go ahead and acquire him if you are living in 2015 still or have the pro scouting capacity of one Pierre Dorion.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Holtby to Vancouver which means Markstrom is gone. He’d be the piece Carolina needs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Calgary

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

These guys are setting the market for Murray except Murray has 2 cups. 3 x $13.5M ($4.5 AAV) for Murray is my guess.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Boro will be lucky to make $1.25M per given what some of these guys are signing for

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds like Matt Murray deal is done. Guessing 5-5.5

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

4 years, 6.25 . A little more than expected but we have our #

$4M in year 1, $6 in year 2, $7 year 3, $8 year 4

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:4 years, 6.25 . A little more than expected but we have our #

$4M in year 1, $6 in year 2, $7 year 3, $8 year 4

omg.... hahahaha. that is such a Melnyk contract.
they will try heaven and earth to move him by that last year if we have a successor or Melnyk will be gone in 2 years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Most contracts are being backloaded because of Covid now.

Melnyk won’t be around for four more years. I already know he’s had legit offers, but he is waiting for a higher offer

I’ve wanted Murray all summer, so happy to have him locked in. I think Sogaard or Daccord will backup in a few years

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:These guys are setting the market for Murray except Murray has 2 cups. 3 x $13.5M ($4.5 AAV) for Murray is my guess.

Boy was I wrong.

I wonder if Dorion knows it's free agency today. Busy signing his RFAs.... Probably doing another mock draft with his scouts too

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:These guys are setting the market for Murray except Murray has 2 cups. 3 x $13.5M ($4.5 AAV) for Murray is my guess.

Boy was I wrong.

I wonder if Dorion knows it's free agency today. Busy signing his RFAs.... Probably doing another mock draft with his scouts too

Your AAV was way too optimistic. But it doesn’t matter. This shows a strong vote of confidence in Murray and the rest of the sens players. This was the second most important contract since Chabot. Avoids arbitration as well. His play will need to do the talking now

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great move. Overpayment by a bit, but we're coming together finally.

Ev likes this post

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Boy was I wrong.

No you weren’t. Dorion was.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Great move.  Overpayment by a bit, but we're coming together finally.

We have to face it. We are to Ottawa. Overpaying is gonna have to happen to retain players. And it’s not by much.
5mill at 4 years and we would have all been happy.

I really hope he can show consistency. If he can then we may have our guy for a long time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum