GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Place your 2020 mock here

+4
tim1_2
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
Lagoon
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 20]

46Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Except you are wrong. Since you say we all know who the top 3 are going to be, what say the odds be for an unknown 4th party sneaking into that unshakable, unbreakable top 3? 10,000 to 1? 5,000 to 1?

I will tell you what, here is a dollar of mine, I will take the 5000-1 odds you will give me. Thank you.

Do you think the team is lying when they say they will take whoever LA doesn't take between Byfield and Stutzle? This is coming straight from the horse's mouth. LA has said the exact same thing. Dorion literally said we're not going to dissuade the fans here. Everyone knows what's going to happen at #3, except you it seems.

I don't know how many times I need to tell you this, you'll probably just ignore it as usual. If you have Raymond #3 on your personal rankings, you are not wrong! That is totally fine. Having him 3rd in a MOCK DRAFT is wrong because we know who is being picked in the Top 3. This has nothing to do with my or your opinion on who SHOULD go #3.

I understand all that. Yes. Mocks are born to be wrong.

Now give me a bit of creative genius in my hope that Dorion is simply trying to imply to LA that indeed he and Ottawa have Byfield and Stutzle as extremely close as well. Maybe then because the two players are so close, LA simply chooses the player they have more outside connections too, as well as a need positionally. I’ve said this before. It could be a creative masterpiece by Dorion and one that would be welcome be me and others.

Believe it or not, deception regarding players values, draft boards and team needs is sometimes used in hockey by management.

Ok. So if LA takes Stutzle and Ottawa takes Byfield you will say you were right all along and this was Dorions plan, and the sens were actually going to take Raymond over stutzle. Got it.

47Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And at that point who cares who is or was right, because we have Byfield

48Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Except you are wrong. Since you say we all know who the top 3 are going to be, what say the odds be for an unknown 4th party sneaking into that unshakable, unbreakable top 3? 10,000 to 1? 5,000 to 1?

I will tell you what, here is a dollar of mine, I will take the 5000-1 odds you will give me. Thank you.

Do you think the team is lying when they say they will take whoever LA doesn't take between Byfield and Stutzle? This is coming straight from the horse's mouth. LA has said the exact same thing. Dorion literally said we're not going to dissuade the fans here. Everyone knows what's going to happen at #3, except you it seems.

I don't know how many times I need to tell you this, you'll probably just ignore it as usual. If you have Raymond #3 on your personal rankings, you are not wrong! That is totally fine. Having him 3rd in a MOCK DRAFT is wrong because we know who is being picked in the Top 3. This has nothing to do with my or your opinion on who SHOULD go #3.

And as far as Dorion literally saying he isn’t going to dissuade the fans here, I will revert to his multiple past precedence in doing exactly that.

49Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

I understand all that. Yes. Mocks are born to be wrong.

Now give me a bit of creative genius in my hope that Dorion is simply trying to imply to LA that indeed he and Ottawa have Byfield and Stutzle as extremely close as well. Maybe then because the two players are so close, LA simply chooses the player they have more outside connections too, as well as a need positionally. I’ve said this before. It could be a creative masterpiece by Dorion and one that would be welcome be me and others.

Believe it or not, deception regarding players values, draft boards and team needs is sometimes used in hockey by management.

Ok. So if LA takes Stutzle and Ottawa takes Byfield you will say you were right all along and this was Dorions plan, and the sens were actually going to take Raymond over stutzle. Got it.

Exactly.

50Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:And at that point who cares who is or was right, because we have Byfield

Double exactly. Give me Byfield and I wouldn’t care if Stutzle learned how to breakthrough a more structured defence and became a superstar.

51Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Updated top 5

NYR - Laf
LA - Stutzle
OTT - Byfield
DET - Perfetti
OTT - Sanderson
ANA - Raymond
NJD - Quinn

52Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:16 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Updated top 5

NYR - Laf
LA - Stutzle
OTT - Byfield
DET - Perfetti
OTT - Sanderson
ANA - Raymond
NJD - Quinn

If Quinn is picked before Rossi it’s idiotic.

53Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Updated top 5

NYR - Laf
LA - Stutzle
OTT - Byfield
DET - Perfetti
OTT - Sanderson
ANA - Raymond
NJD - Quinn

If Quinn is picked before Rossi it’s idiotic.

It’s not farfetched at all

54Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Picks 4-12 are a crapshoot.

- Sanderson/Drysdale are the best dmen available
- Askarov is the best goalie available
- Raymond is the best forward available
- Rossi is the best center available
- Holtz / Quinn are the best scorers available

The Sens need all the above. Pick your poison

55Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting to see all the lists coming out now that have Stutzle outside the top 5.

Come on LA. You are this close. Don’t fail us now, fail yourself.

56Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:31 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Picks 3-12 are a crapshoot.

I changed one single digit in your post. Now it is entirely accurate.

57Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:37 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Picks 4-12 are a crapshoot.

Yup. The only thing people can be confident in is the top 3.

58Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I admire the people that actually think Byfield will fall to us. That would be a happy day. The prospect of having both Byfield and Askarov is just tantalizing. It would nicely stagger our graduating ELC’s too. We could potentially have our prime competing years with Askarov matured, ready and starting his ELC.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

59Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I admire the people that actually think Byfield will fall to us. That would be a happy day.

it's not like it's just Sens fans dreaming it. Tons of people in the industry think it will happen.

60Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:02 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I admire the people that actually think Byfield will fall to us. That would be a happy day.

it's not like it's just Sens fans dreaming it. Tons of people in the industry think it will happen.

I added more to the post you quoted if you care to share your opinion on that too. I like our discussion even though I think you are nuts in what you believe about Stutzle and Perfetti.

61Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:09 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

I added more to the post you quoted if you care to share your opinion on that too. I like our discussion even though I think you are nuts in what you believe about Stutzle and Perfetti.

Askarov? Don't have much opinion but I don't think there's a chance they pick him after hearing Mann speak about the picks.

I don't believe much about Stutzle other than it's fact he's going to be a King or Senator, but I think people ranking him at 7-8 are just going for clicks when it's clear that legitimate scouts think he's a superstar talent and top 3 in this class.

Have a listen to Mark Edwards interview on TSN1200 yesterday. He's one of the best in the industry, and the Black Book is such a good source for rankings and analysis.

62Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:23 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

2 days away.

63Place your 2020 mock here - Page 4 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:30 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Facepalm

In a hilarious case of I don’t know what to call it, I’m the only mock on here that has Byfield going to LA. He is closer to going to NYR than he is to us. LA doesn’t make drafting mistakes lately. They aren’t passing on Byfield no matter how many connections to Germany they have and how much they need a W instead of a C. Drafting for position only matters when players are ranked extremely close in BPA. They aren’t passing on Byfield for Stutzle.

Ottawa will be the team making the first mistake. We are all used to that by now.

I will put my registration here on the line. LA takes Stutzle, I leave. I rejoice because we got Byfield, but I will leave.

All the more reason for some of you to continue your pipe dream of LA taking Stutzle. I will stick around for 24 hours after to face the music, but it seriously isn’t happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum