GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Place your 2020 mock here

+4
tim1_2
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
Lagoon
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 20]

31Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://amp.reddit.com/r/OttawaSenators/comments/j2q2tr/nick_kypreos_says_hes_hearing_our_lovely_owner/

Ugh

I’m afraid to click the link because it looks like it has something to do with Kyproes. Convince me to click it please.

Kypreos hearing Melnyk wants the Sens to draft Askarov #5

I’ve had him there in my mock for about 3 weeks. Second guessing it now. Dammit!

32Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://amp.reddit.com/r/OttawaSenators/comments/j2q2tr/nick_kypreos_says_hes_hearing_our_lovely_owner/

Ugh

I’m afraid to click the link because it looks like it has something to do with Kyproes. Convince me to click it please.

complete BS. If they pick Askarov he can claim how right he was even if he made it up. Melnyk doesn't pick players.

33Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:50 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pronman saying there's a 65-35 split on LA taking Stutzle

34Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:1 NYR - Lafreniere
2 LA -  Stutzle
3 OTT (from SJ) - Byfield
4 DET - Perfetti
5 OTT - Raymond

Updates to come

that's my 2nd favorite outcome. i'll take it.

Short of Laf and Byfield, it is my first. I just don’t see it being plausible. If Ev’s mock happened, we could forfeit every next pick of ours and still win the draft.

my order of preferences for the 5th: Rossi, Perfetti then Raymond.

My order: Perfetti, Sanderson, Raymond, Drysdale, Quinn

I think it will be one of the first three. I am happy with anybody.

I’ve never mentioned it because my main contention has always been Stutzle, but I also have no idea why you like Perfetti so much. He’s another guy that even with his superior mind, might not translate well with an ever evolving NHL. I’m not sure I want a slow-version of Johnny Hockey. Especially comparing him to others in this class.

High character, high hockey IQ, elite offensive ability. Skating can be worked on. He has the highest offensive potential aside from Byfield and Stutzle IMO

Agree with all his positive traits on the right side of the puck. Defensively, he’s a very big liability even on the few times he tries. The other majority, he is completely unwilling to lend effort. Him picking up some tempo to his game might actually make him less effective, but I doubt it because he thinks 5 levels ahead anyway.

35Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I think you guys are going to be shocked when the draft goes Lafreniere, Byfield and then Ottawa takes Raymond 3rd. You will get over it quickly.

Why are you STILL on this when we all know what's going to happen?

Still on what? My opinion? Probably because it is my opinion that I believe and have worked hard to form. Also, I don’t actually know what will happen because it hasn’t happened yet.

36Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:56 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Work smarter, not harder.

37Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:57 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Ugh

complete BS. If they pick Askarov he can claim how right he was even if he made it up. Melnyk doesn't pick players.

I think it would be naïve to think that Melnyk doesn't or couldn't have influence.

38Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:1 NYR - Lafreniere
2 LA -  Stutzle
3 OTT (from SJ) - Byfield
4 DET - Perfetti
5 OTT - Raymond

Updates to come

that's my 2nd favorite outcome. i'll take it.

Short of Laf and Byfield, it is my first. I just don’t see it being plausible. If Ev’s mock happened, we could forfeit every next pick of ours and still win the draft.

my order of preferences for the 5th: Rossi, Perfetti then Raymond.

My order: Perfetti, Sanderson, Raymond, Drysdale, Quinn

I think it will be one of the first three. I am happy with anybody.

I’ve never mentioned it because my main contention has always been Stutzle, but I also have no idea why you like Perfetti so much. He’s another guy that even with his superior mind, might not translate well with an ever evolving NHL. I’m not sure I want a slow-version of Johnny Hockey. Especially comparing him to others in this class.

Craig Button views Perfetti as a LW but he's listed as a C. I found that weird. The Wings have Veleno in their system but probably would want another so they have a one-two punch and can split up Larkin and Zadina.

Rossi, Perfetti, Raymond at #4 for sure - likely Rossi or Perfetti IMO. Can't ignore the ties Perfetti has to the organization the same way we can't ignore the ties LA has to Stutzle.

I also don’t see any way that Perfetti is a C in the NHL. Like none.

39Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Ugh

Gotta disagree here. Dorion has proven multiple times over how spineless he is and who his boss is.

Also, Dundon is on record saying his Carolina team will never draft a Dman in the 1st round and guess what, they haven’t under his watch since.

40Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:05 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They may be the ones who end up with Rossi if their need is a center

41Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They may be the ones who end up with Rossi if their need is a center

Would make sense, he is the 4th BPA this year. Nod

42Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I think you guys are going to be shocked when the draft goes Lafreniere, Byfield and then Ottawa takes Raymond 3rd. You will get over it quickly.

Why are you STILL on this when we all know what's going to happen?

Still on what? My opinion? Probably because it is my opinion that I believe and have worked hard to form. Also, I don’t actually know what will happen because it hasn’t happened yet.

No. This has nothing to do with opinion whatsoever. There’s a difference between what you would do vs what is going to happen. We all know who the top 3 is going to be. You’re a betting man, I have 100% confidence you wouldn’t put any money on Raymond going 3rd. The team and everyone connected to them has literally confirmed who they’re taking at #3. Enough already.

43Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Except you are wrong. Since you say we all know who the top 3 are going to be, what say the odds be for an unknown 4th party sneaking into that unshakable, unbreakable top 3? 10,000 to 1? 5,000 to 1?

I will tell you what, here is a dollar of mine, I will take the 5000-1 odds you will give me. Thank you.

44Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:03 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Except you are wrong. Since you say we all know who the top 3 are going to be, what say the odds be for an unknown 4th party sneaking into that unshakable, unbreakable top 3? 10,000 to 1? 5,000 to 1?

I will tell you what, here is a dollar of mine, I will take the 5000-1 odds you will give me. Thank you.

Do you think the team is lying when they say they will take whoever LA doesn't take between Byfield and Stutzle? This is coming straight from the horse's mouth. LA has said the exact same thing. Dorion literally said we're not going to dissuade the fans here. Everyone knows what's going to happen at #3, except you it seems.

I don't know how many times I need to tell you this, you'll probably just ignore it as usual. If you have Raymond #3 on your personal rankings, you are not wrong! That is totally fine. Having him 3rd in a MOCK DRAFT is wrong because we know who is being picked in the Top 3. This has nothing to do with my or your opinion on who SHOULD go #3.

45Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Except you are wrong. Since you say we all know who the top 3 are going to be, what say the odds be for an unknown 4th party sneaking into that unshakable, unbreakable top 3? 10,000 to 1? 5,000 to 1?

Do you think the team is lying when they say they will take whoever LA doesn't take between Byfield and Stutzle? This is coming straight from the horse's mouth. LA has said the exact same thing. Dorion literally said we're not going to dissuade the fans here. Everyone knows what's going to happen at #3, except you it seems.

I don't know how many times I need to tell you this, you'll probably just ignore it as usual. If you have Raymond #3 on your personal rankings, you are not wrong! That is totally fine. Having him 3rd in a MOCK DRAFT is wrong because we know who is being picked in the Top 3. This has nothing to do with my or your opinion on who SHOULD go #3.

I understand all that. Yes. Mocks are born to be wrong.

Now give me a bit of creative genius in my hope that Dorion is simply trying to imply to LA that indeed he and Ottawa have Byfield and Stutzle as extremely close as well. Maybe then because the two players are so close, LA simply chooses the player they have more outside connections too, as well as a need positionally. I’ve said this before. It could be a creative masterpiece by Dorion and one that would be welcome be me and others.

Believe it or not, deception regarding players values, draft boards and team needs is sometimes used in hockey by management.

46Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

I understand all that. Yes. Mocks are born to be wrong.

Now give me a bit of creative genius in my hope that Dorion is simply trying to imply to LA that indeed he and Ottawa have Byfield and Stutzle as extremely close as well. Maybe then because the two players are so close, LA simply chooses the player they have more outside connections too, as well as a need positionally. I’ve said this before. It could be a creative masterpiece by Dorion and one that would be welcome be me and others.

Believe it or not, deception regarding players values, draft boards and team needs is sometimes used in hockey by management.

Ok. So if LA takes Stutzle and Ottawa takes Byfield you will say you were right all along and this was Dorions plan, and the sens were actually going to take Raymond over stutzle. Got it.

47Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And at that point who cares who is or was right, because we have Byfield

48Place your 2020 mock here - Page 3 Empty Re: Place your 2020 mock here Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

And as far as Dorion literally saying he isn’t going to dissuade the fans here, I will revert to his multiple past precedence in doing exactly that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum