GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 68]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b9761b2a3fa6f830ddcafc4ee5629527/tenor.gif?itemid=4949558

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Is Raymond playing in the NHL yet?  Let's wait until they at least have placed up over here, then maybe wait a couple of seasons before we start comparing who would have been a better choice at #3.

Right now Raymond is just a prospect for a team which is not the one the majority here care about. Why would we care how he's doing in his D+1?

Last edited by wprager on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

That was a very difficult read.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:It's Raymond playing in the NHL yet?  Let's wait until they at least have then up over here, then maybe wait a couple of seasons before we start comparing who would have been a better choice at #3.

Right now Raymond is just a prospect for a team which is not the one the majority here care about. Why would we care hire he's doing in his D+1?

All I asked was are people following Raymond. Sorry, if I like watching hockey. Sensitive.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

But yeah, Raymond is undeniably better than Stutzle now and forever. You brought it up again, not me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Comparing Stutzle and Raymond is like comparing Lafreniere and Byfield. No reason to. Even if Byfield became better, the right choice was clearly Lafreniere and nobody will fault the Rangers for it. Same applies to the Sens and their choice. No NHL team was going to take Raymond ahead of Stutzle.

The only thing you can say truthfully is that Raymond has had a much better season then Stutzle so far...

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Comparing Stutzle and Raymond is like comparing Lafreniere and Byfield. No reason to. Even if Byfield became better, the right choice was clearly Lafreniere and nobody will fault the Rangers for it. Same applies to the Sens and their choice. No NHL team was going to take Raymond ahead of Stutzle.

The only thing you can say truthfully is that Raymond has had a much better season then Stutzle so far...

That’s too bad that you believe that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:That was a very difficult read.

Sorry. Bad keyboard/autocorrect, small screen hiding the typos. I've fixed it up now.

Bottom line is it's way too early to compare Stützle and Raymond, and beyond that Raymond is just a prospect for another team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nick Fohr mounted tons of praise on Kleven pre draft:

There was a rawness to him as a hockey player with the skill and ability he had. You could see it at that age. Just watching him from that distance got me excited to work with him. Then, you finally get on the ice with him and really see what he can do. I completely underestimated his skill level and most NHL teams are still underestimating his skill level."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

“Fohr claimed that Kleven's ceiling is as high if not higher than Noah Hanifin, Zach Werenski, Charlie McAvoy and Will Butcher.”

Goodness...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

On Sanderson

NTDP associate coach Nick Fohr oversees the defensemen, and in his nine seasons with the program has worked with several players currently competing in the NHL, including Seth Jones (Columbus Blue Jackets), Zach Werenski (Blue Jackets), Noah Hanifin (Calgary Flames) and Charlie McAvoy (Boston Bruins). He believes Sanderson ranks among that elite group.

"Sandy is right in that mix of the top three guys I've coached here, if not the top guy," Fohr said. "That's still to be determined based on how he develops and where he goes, but this is something we've been talking about since last year. Somebody asked me last season where he'd fit, and I said he's already in my top five and that was as an under-17 player."

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:“Fohr claimed that Kleven's ceiling is as high if not higher than Noah Hanifin, Zach Werenski, Charlie McAvoy and Will Butcher.”

Goodness...

I mean, let's be real. is he really gonna knock on his players before they even play a game?
that's some high praise though and would explain why the sens reached.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:On Sanderson

NTDP associate coach Nick Fohr oversees the defensemen, and in his nine seasons with the program has worked with several players currently competing in the NHL, including Seth Jones (Columbus Blue Jackets), Zach Werenski (Blue Jackets), Noah Hanifin (Calgary Flames) and Charlie McAvoy (Boston Bruins). He believes Sanderson ranks among that elite group.

"Sandy is right in that mix of the top three guys I've coached here, if not the top guy," Fohr said. "That's still to be determined based on how he develops and where he goes, but this is something we've been talking about since last year. Somebody asked me last season where he'd fit, and I said he's already in my top five and that was as an under-17 player."

again, he's not gonna knock one of his guys and is more likely to pump their tires.

this year should be an interesting year for Sanderson as everyone thought he was going up a notch when his season ended.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:“Fohr claimed that Kleven's ceiling is as high if not higher than Noah Hanifin, Zach Werenski, Charlie McAvoy and Will Butcher.”

Goodness...

I mean, let's be real. is he really gonna knock on his players before they even play a game?
that's some high praise though and would explain why the sens reached.

The sens didn’t reach on Kleven. They took him lower than where he was ranked on Bob’s list. That being said obviously he’s not going to become like those guys mentioned. His upside is a Marc methot.

Also this was his previous coach and they are old comments. Not sure what you mean by “before they play a game”

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

This Michigan game is amazing. I said I’d watch almost every one and this is why.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brannstrom looking fantastic with his up ice rushes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jarventie scores again. What a deadly shot the kid has.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Michigan rematch on soon against ASU.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum