GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 68]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Maybe Logan Brown develops.  Odds are no though...he's had chances.  I think he's kind of like Jared Cowen and he's just not right between the ears.

Naw. Brown comes from a hockey family. By all means he's not a mouth breather like Cowen. He's got a.few knocks against him: skating, compete, toughness (injury prone). He'll have had 9 month to prepare himself for the next season.

Not compete, he competes hard.

he doesn't get ahead of the play at the NHL level, he also coasts. not saying he won't get it but it ertainly hasn't clicked yet at the NHL level.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I can definitely see him packaged with the isles picks + to move up in the draft if the Sens end up with Byfield and Rossi. There would be no need for Brown. Imagine they end up with Rossi, Byfield and Quinn/Mercer. My lord

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Stop it. Stop doing that to me.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Stop it. Stop doing that to me.

This is why we have so many picks, prospects, and cap space. To make a franchise altering move.

Nashville, Florida, and Pittsburgh all seem like teams that would be willing to trade for the right reasons. A cap dump, Isles 1st, a 2nd, and a good prospect.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I said stop it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure why Melnyk would comment on trade speculation, but he said they won't be trading 3 and 5 for #1.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure why Melnyk would comment on trade speculation, but he said they won't be trading 3 and 5 for #1.  

You haven’t figured out that reason yet? Sorry, can’t help you in that case.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure why Melnyk would comment on trade speculation, but he said they won't be trading 3 and 5 for #1.  

Because Bruce would have e-mailed him and asked. He's the owner, of course he's going to know what they're doing with their top picks.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm more scared about melnyks comments about the Leafs having no defence. Makes me think we're drafting Drysdale

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm more scared about melnyks comments about the Leafs having no defence. Makes me think we're drafting Drysdale

Would be a fantastic choice. It will be him or Raymond.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

for the first time in what has almost been a decade, I'm actually relieved by something Melnyk has said.

in all seriousness, this isles pick just keeps going down in the standing. i have no doubt that the sens will use a second-rounder to move it up but i don't see them being able to move it in the top 15.
may they prove me wrong.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:for the first time in what has almost been a decade, I'm actually relieved by something Melnyk has said.

in all seriousness, this isles pick just keeps going down in the standing. i have no doubt that the sens will use a second-rounder to move it up but i don't see them being able to move it in the top 15.
may they prove me wrong.

Isles won't last past the first round, but I would rather trade the pick in a package for a good NHL player

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Because Bruce would have e-mailed him and asked. He's the owner, of course he's going to know what they're doing with their top picks.

Yes, thank you for explaining that to me, I had no idea.

What I'm saying is, I don't know why he would make ANY comments about what their intentions are. Don't give ANYTHING away.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yes, thank you for explaining that to me, I had no idea.

What I'm saying is, I don't know why he would make ANY comments about what their intentions are.  Don't give ANYTHING away.  

that's his contribution towards lowering the urgency rate on heart transplants in the ottawa region.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:for the first time in what has almost been a decade, I'm actually relieved by something Melnyk has said.

may they prove me wrong.

No it doesn’t. It only changes if they make final 4. And, they haven’t even beat Washington yet.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm more scared about melnyks comments about the Leafs having no defence. Makes me think we're drafting Drysdale

If Raymond is available at 5, he is the only option that should be entertained. It basically means two of the prior 4 teams made mistakes in their choices and we’ve been given a gift.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

If Raymond is available at 5, he is the only option that should be entertained. It basically means two of the prior 4 teams made mistakes in their choices and we’ve been given a gift.

I disagree, I have him 5th so it would be bang on for me

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Drysdale and chabot would be amazing for the next decade plus. I'd be thrilled

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum