GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Guess we'll have to wait to find out. Calgary is rule for a drop after losing depth and getting older. Winnipeg is, supposedly, losing Laine. Toronto can't win in the post season and are one goalie injury away from missing the playoffs outright (and their D is not built to protect Andersen like Montreal tried to do swapping PK for Weber.

Toronto took a huge step back and continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. They replaced Kapanen and Johanssen with Thornton, Vesey and Simmonds who are slow and otherwise huge downgrades. They didn't address team toughness which continues to be their achilles heel in the playoffs.

I think the Sens could beat Toronto more than once in the regular season. J. Brown, Tkachuk, Gudbranson, Watson, C. Brown are all way more physical than anyone on Toronto. A hard forecheck caused so many problems for Toronto in the play-in series and continues to be the reason why they lose in the playoffs. Not sure Bogosian really helps there, and Brodie isn't the biggest guy.

Toronto would have benefitted from trading for someone like Josh Anderson. Instead they continue to ice the wrong mix of players and will continue to get bullied in the playoffs.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't say Toronto took a "huge" step back. And adding Wayne Simmonds helps their team toughness. All that said, it seems weird to add Thornton and Simmonds while also keeping Spezza. This is not helping their speed at all...all those guys are declining pretty quickly.... It's like they are trying to go the Dallas Stars route and just giving a bunch of older guys one more kick at the can. With how condensed the upcoming season could be....it'll be interesting to see if it can actually work out. It'll be so very delicious if it's a disaster.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think they have 8 or 9 dmen and a lot of forwards signed this upcoming season. I don't quite see how they can all fit in

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hawryluk is going to make Ottawa look stupid this year if there is an all Canadian division. Give me him over Austin Watson, J Brown and Gudbranson combined.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not overly concerned over what Jayce Hawryluk does this year for Vancouver. Laughing3

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hawryluk isn't going to drop the mitts when someone smashes Stutzle or Brannstrom into the boards. All three of the guys you mentioned will rearrange the hitter's face.

Plus I'd rather give Balcers, Paul and Abramov that TOI.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol, make the sens look stupid. But i dont get why they jettisoned him like they did. I guess, as stated, we have too many bottom sixers as it is

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Lol, make the sens look stupid.  But i dont get why they jettisoned him like they did.  I guess, as stated, we have too many bottom sixers as it is

Watson for twice the price and on a one-way is half the player and 1/4 of the person and he was bought and paid for after the Hawryluk decision. So I don’t get your point about too many bottom 6ers

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

who cares. they serve different roles on the team. Watson is an upgrade on sabourin who is the person he's replacing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Lol, make the sens look stupid.  But i dont get why they jettisoned him like they did.  I guess, as stated, we have too many bottom sixers as it is

Watson for twice the price and on a one-way is half the player and 1/4 of the person and he was bought and paid for after the Hawryluk decision. So I don’t get your  point about too many bottom 6ers

Not true that he's half the player. What an arbitrary argument lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's ask Auston Matthews if he knows who Watson is. That'll decide it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Let's ask Auston Matthews if he knows who Watson is. That'll decide it.

Criminals know each other, same with pieces of shiit. In this case, they both fit.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's funny is Anthony Duclair was a piece of Dung too (sexually harassing girls on snapchat or whatever), and it totally got glossed over (I think she was paid to go away). That was two summers ago. But whatever. Yeah, should not have brought in Auston Watson.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:What's funny is Anthony Duclair was a piece of Dung too (sexually harassing girls on snapchat or whatever), and it totally got glossed over (I think she was paid to go away).  That was two summers ago.  But whatever.  Yeah, should not have brought in Auston Watson.

Not by me. Hated him here. Glad he’s gone. Said it from day one. Good trade asset wise, but could’ve done without him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:What's funny is Anthony Duclair was a piece of Dung too (sexually harassing girls on snapchat or whatever), and it totally got glossed over (I think she was paid to go away). That was two summers ago. But whatever. Yeah, should not have brought in Auston Watson.

I disagree. Watson stuff was a personal matter and both parties are better people now. If he can help this team then it’s a good add. He’s not a criminal. Nashville wouldn’t have signed him if he was a terrible person

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

anybody else wonder why it took so long for a team to hire Gary Roberts(just hired by Seattle)?

i wonder if he'll be contractually free to help other teams players in the offseason.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think his place in Toronto was put into for sale no? In sure there is a conflict of interest now

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:anybody else wonder why it took so long for a team to hire Gary Roberts(just hired by Seattle)?

i wonder if he'll be contractually free to help other teams players in the offseason.

He’s just a consultant

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum