GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 51 ... 55  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 55]

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
anybody else wonder why it took so long for a team to hire Gary Roberts(just hired by Seattle)?

i wonder if he'll be contractually free to help other teams players in the offseason.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I think his place in Toronto was put into for sale no? In sure there is a conflict of interest now

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:anybody else wonder why it took so long for a team to hire Gary Roberts(just hired by Seattle)?

i wonder if he'll be contractually free to help other teams players in the offseason.

He’s just a consultant

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Good read: https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/college/und-ranked-no-1-in-preseason-hockey-poll/article_83429b27-0ef8-524f-98d9-749cbfc6e2a4.html

Key takeaways:
- UND received 28 out of 40 first place votes. No other team received more than 4 (Cornell, Boston College).
- UND has both goaltenders, their hobey baker award finalist, and top scoring d-man returning
- UND adding Sanderson, Kleven, and Mitchell Miller to an already stacked team
- Season starts December 1st and will be played in a 'pod' over three weeks for a total of 10 games (UND will play Colorado College, Denver, and Nebraska-Omaha)
- Regular schedule between January and March against division only

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Sakic signs Toews. What a beaut.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Just as I said a month ago, World Jrs will be lit and filled with all older elite talent that would normally not be released by their NHL team to play. Can’t wait for this.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Just as I said a month ago, World Jrs will be lit and filled with all older elite talent that would normally not be released by their NHL team to play. Can’t wait for this.

Well yeah since there is no NHL...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Something mentioned on the Locked-On Sens podcast - maybe I misheard - about Stützle not being ready to play in the WJC? Or is that just because main camps will run at the same time and they will keep him in Ottawa?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Something mentioned on the Locked-On Sens podcast - maybe I misheard - about Stützle not being ready to play in the WJC? Or is that just because main camps will run at the same time and they will keep him in Ottawa?

I personally didn't hear that. His recovery time is 6-8 weeks which puts him ready in early December and it's a hand injury so he could still skate and take part in practices/team meetings. I fully anticipate he will play.

I do think he will not play in the NHL this season though and I hope Dorion doesn't push this guy. If they see him as a center let him lineup as a center in the AHL. Better than easing him into the NHL as a winger IMO.

You could have him lineup with Abramov/Balcers and Formenton in AHL, and let him gel with Brannstrom. Sounds like the AHL is only going to be around 40 games anyway so there is literally zero harm letting him figure it out down there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Something mentioned on the Locked-On Sens podcast - maybe I misheard - about Stützle not being ready to play in the WJC? Or is that just because main camps will run at the same time and they will keep him in Ottawa?

I personally didn't hear that. His recovery time is 6-8 weeks which puts him ready in early December and it's a hand injury so he could still skate and take part in practices/team meetings. I fully anticipate he will play.

I do think he will not play in the NHL this season though and I hope Dorion doesn't push this guy. If they see him as a center let him lineup as a center in the AHL. Better than easing him into the NHL as a winger IMO.

You could have him lineup with Abramov/Balcers and Formenton in AHL, and let him gel with Brannstrom. Sounds like the AHL is only going to be around 40 games anyway so there is literally zero harm letting him figure it out down there.

This would have been yesterday's podcast if not the day before (I walk the dog in the early morning and they upload in the afternoons or evenings). I think they all (Brannstrom, Stutzle, Formenton, Abramov, Norris, etc.) will get their 1-9 games -- not at the same time, of course -- and they either stick or they go back. Not a problem if they aren't ready, nor would it be a problem if they are (we can jettison the excess at the deadline or sooner).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This thing with Mitchell is less than ideal. I'm glad the Sens aren't involved. As much as what he did was terrible, he may have just lost his hockey future over something that happened in highschool. If he's not playing hockey in College there's little chance anyone signs him (other than Europe/KHL). But without those extra 2-4 years development I don't think he could even get a contract in the UK league.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:This thing with Mitchell is less than ideal.  I'm glad the Sens aren't involved.  As much as what he did was terrible, he may have just lost his hockey future over something that happened in highschool.  If he's not playing hockey in College there's little chance anyone signs him (other than Europe/KHL).  But without those extra 2-4 years development I don't think he could even get a contract in the UK league.

The best thing he could've done is not make himself eligible for the draft, go play University hockey for a couple years with a clean rap sheet, and go from there. Could've been one of those college free agent signings.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Something mentioned on the Locked-On Sens podcast - maybe I misheard - about Stützle not being ready to play in the WJC? Or is that just because main camps will run at the same time and they will keep him in Ottawa?

I personally didn't hear that. His recovery time is 6-8 weeks which puts him ready in early December and it's a hand injury so he could still skate and take part in practices/team meetings. I fully anticipate he will play.

I do think he will not play in the NHL this season though and I hope Dorion doesn't push this guy. If they see him as a center let him lineup as a center in the AHL. Better than easing him into the NHL as a winger IMO.

You could have him lineup with Abramov/Balcers and Formenton in AHL, and let him gel with Brannstrom. Sounds like the AHL is only going to be around 40 games anyway so there is literally zero harm letting him figure it out down there.

This would have been yesterday's podcast if not the day before (I walk the dog in the early morning and they upload in the afternoons or evenings).  I think they all (Brannstrom, Stutzle, Formenton, Abramov, Norris, etc.) will get their 1-9 games --  not at the same time, of course -- and they either stick or they go back.  Not a problem if they aren't ready, nor would it be a problem if they are (we can jettison the excess at the deadline or sooner).

I don't specifically remember how the "under 10 games" thing works for burning years of their contracts...not sure if it would apply equally to those guys you listed.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ridiculous decision by the OHL to ban bodycheckingif they got through with it. Repercussions if anyone good actually plays there this year will be disastrous for their development going forward.



Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Something mentioned on the Locked-On Sens podcast - maybe I misheard - about Stützle not being ready to play in the WJC? Or is that just because main camps will run at the same time and they will keep him in Ottawa?

I personally didn't hear that. His recovery time is 6-8 weeks which puts him ready in early December and it's a hand injury so he could still skate and take part in practices/team meetings. I fully anticipate he will play.

I do think he will not play in the NHL this season though and I hope Dorion doesn't push this guy. If they see him as a center let him lineup as a center in the AHL. Better than easing him into the NHL as a winger IMO.

You could have him lineup with Abramov/Balcers and Formenton in AHL, and let him gel with Brannstrom. Sounds like the AHL is only going to be around 40 games anyway so there is literally zero harm letting him figure it out down there.

This would have been yesterday's podcast if not the day before (I walk the dog in the early morning and they upload in the afternoons or evenings).  I think they all (Brannstrom, Stutzle, Formenton, Abramov, Norris, etc.) will get their 1-9 games --  not at the same time, of course -- and they either stick or they go back.  Not a problem if they aren't ready, nor would it be a problem if they are (we can jettison the excess at the deadline or sooner).

I don't specifically remember how the "under 10 games" thing works for burning years of their contracts...not sure if it would apply equally to those guys you listed.

It does not. Some of those guys have already started their ELC.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:This thing with Mitchell is less than ideal.  I'm glad the Sens aren't involved.  As much as what he did was terrible, he may have just lost his hockey future over something that happened in highschool.  If he's not playing hockey in College there's little chance anyone signs him (other than Europe/KHL).  But without those extra 2-4 years development I don't think he could even get a contract in the UK league.

The best thing he could've done is not make himself eligible for the draft, go play University hockey for a couple years with a clean rap sheet, and go from there.  Could've been one of those college free agent signings.  

All the blame is on Arizona. There is a reason he was on so many of our do no draft lists. The “actual media” or whatever Ev likes to call them that had him on any list of theirs is the reason the “actual media” are inferior to others.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:This thing with Mitchell is less than ideal.  I'm glad the Sens aren't involved.  As much as what he did was terrible, he may have just lost his hockey future over something that happened in highschool.  If he's not playing hockey in College there's little chance anyone signs him (other than Europe/KHL).  But without those extra 2-4 years development I don't think he could even get a contract in the UK league.

The best thing he could've done is not make himself eligible for the draft, go play University hockey for a couple years with a clean rap sheet, and go from there.  Could've been one of those college free agent signings.  

All the blame is on Arizona. There is a reason he was on so many of our do no draft lists. The “actual media” or whatever Ev likes to call them that had him on any list of theirs is the reason the “actual media” are inferior to others.

What are you talking about now? The best scouting ranking out there, Bob McKenzies scout poll, didn’t have him ranked. I don’t care about the media so I’m not sure what you’re talking about .

What do you mean “our do not draft lists”. Who’s “our”?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:This thing with Mitchell is less than ideal.  I'm glad the Sens aren't involved.  As much as what he did was terrible, he may have just lost his hockey future over something that happened in highschool.  If he's not playing hockey in College there's little chance anyone signs him (other than Europe/KHL).  But without those extra 2-4 years development I don't think he could even get a contract in the UK league.

you know, the "something that happened in highschool" thing can be understandable in some cases but not always.

if you're not familiar with all the details the kid and his friend scrapped the bottom of a urinal with a lollypop and made that disabled kid eat it, all the while punching and kicking him and calling him racist insults. all caught on CCTV.

i believe you can redeem yourself in life for bad things but this is next level. this is a clear lack of empathy on multiple levels.
and the thing is that kid can say all the right thing but i wouldn't want him anywhere near my team unless he pretty much spent the last 4 years helping famines in somalia or rescuing orphan ourang outangs in borneo.

just seems to me like a garbage human. no, thank you. and i hope no league ever gives him that chance either. if he's truly a better person go out there and truly redeem yourself with actions. he's obviously scarred an entire family with his actions.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 55]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 51 ... 55  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum