GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 46]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
wprager wrote:Hell, JT is not a soring chicken, either.

I guess he's JT-jr, now.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Are they trying to be the oldest team or just trying to get the Hockey Gods to show them since sympathy with lots of deserving vets on their last gasp effort at a Cup?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Montreal has improved significantly (but it's going to hurt down the road). Ottawa is (IMO) much better than last year. Florida is tearing things down. Boston is in serious trouble. Tampa will have a Cup hangover, will have their captain recovering from core surgery, have lost players (UFA, waivers) as will likely lose some others (cap crunch). Buffalo is, well, Buffalo; they are great on paper but I think they have an issue with the core. I guess we'll see. Detroit will not improve significantly.

All in all, I think the Atlantic is up for grabs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I like what Detroit has done and a full season of zadina won't hurt. It's still Tampa's division but 2nd is up for grabs.

If the rumored Canadian division is a thing then that division is totally up for grabs

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I like what Detroit has done and a full season of zadina won't hurt. It's still Tampa's division but 2nd is up for grabs.

If the rumored Canadian division is a thing then that division is totally up for grabs

Canadian division will be hell for us Sad

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Naw. Vancouver took a step back imo, as did Toronto . Calgary is overrated , Montreal is beatable, and who knows what happens with Laine and Winnipeg. Edmonton scares me the most be every year they disappoint

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Naw. Vancouver took a step back imo, as did Toronto . Calgary is overrated , Montreal is beatable, and who knows what happens with Laine and Winnipeg. Edmonton scares me the most be every year they disappoint

Van, Tor, Calgary, montreal, edm, and Winnipeg are all better than us.

i didn't get the impression that we'd be in a division with all of canada as opposed to actually playing canadian teams more often. maybe they lump us together though. either way, we aren't close to making the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
When the weakest team is Montreal and they have price...you're in for a long year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Montreal is not the weakest team.

And they have Price.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'd say Winnipeg is likely the weakest one. I'm not sure where Calgary stands. they lost some good Dmen this season and haven't addressed much of their problems apart from the G position.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton , Winnipeg, Montreal , Calgary , Ottawa

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
this would make for an interesting new thread if they announce a Canadian division.

predict the ranking thread.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Barring a couple miraculous deals that see Ottawa land a top 2 d-man and a #1 centre, if there's a Canadian division, we will finish dead last. I don't even think it would be close.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Montreal is not the weakest team.

And they have Price.

I beg to differ. All Canadian teams are better than Montreal imo, except Ottawa.

Who wouldn't be?

Not Vancouver or Calgary.

Not Toronto. Not Winnipeg. So...?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Guess we'll have to wait to find out. Calgary is rule for a drop after losing depth and getting older. Winnipeg is, supposedly, losing Laine. Toronto can't win in the post season and are one goalie injury away from missing the playoffs outright (and their D is not built to protect Andersen like Montreal tried to do swapping PK for Weber.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Guess we'll have to wait to find out. Calgary is rule for a drop after losing depth and getting older. Winnipeg is, supposedly, losing Laine. Toronto can't win in the post season and are one goalie injury away from missing the playoffs outright (and their D is not built to protect Andersen like Montreal tried to do swapping PK for Weber.

Toronto took a huge step back and continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. They replaced Kapanen and Johanssen with Thornton, Vesey and Simmonds who are slow and otherwise huge downgrades. They didn't address team toughness which continues to be their achilles heel in the playoffs.

I think the Sens could beat Toronto more than once in the regular season. J. Brown, Tkachuk, Gudbranson, Watson, C. Brown are all way more physical than anyone on Toronto. A hard forecheck caused so many problems for Toronto in the play-in series and continues to be the reason why they lose in the playoffs. Not sure Bogosian really helps there, and Brodie isn't the biggest guy.

Toronto would have benefitted from trading for someone like Josh Anderson. Instead they continue to ice the wrong mix of players and will continue to get bullied in the playoffs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wouldn't say Toronto took a "huge" step back. And adding Wayne Simmonds helps their team toughness. All that said, it seems weird to add Thornton and Simmonds while also keeping Spezza. This is not helping their speed at all...all those guys are declining pretty quickly.... It's like they are trying to go the Dallas Stars route and just giving a bunch of older guys one more kick at the can. With how condensed the upcoming season could be....it'll be interesting to see if it can actually work out. It'll be so very delicious if it's a disaster.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think they have 8 or 9 dmen and a lot of forwards signed this upcoming season. I don't quite see how they can all fit in

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 46]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum