GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I can see Babcock landing overseas...the KHL seems to like crazy coaches (see: Keenan, Mike).  I could see Babcock in the NHL again if he has success overseas, or if he admits to past errors and says he's changed.  Ken Hitchcock "changed" his style and stayed in the league for a while.

I don't know. he could sit on his arse and collect millions for the leafs for another 3?4 years?
i don't know how going to the KHL would affect those payments.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:5 years 25 million for Lehner

Who was it that guessed 3 million? PTFlea? Sorry for laughing back then, but I had to.

I didn't think he'd get close that kind of term. I think it will backfire.

Why will it backfire? Lehner is probably the most likeable and popular goalie in the NHL. The next CBA will have a mental illness clause and support system because of him.

He struggles with high danger shots but he’s also been one of the best goalies in the league for awhile now.

Nothing to do with his talent - all to do with his illness. It never goes away. If there is some sort of way they would get out of the caphit if something happens (and I hope not) then it's fine. Otherwise I would not have taken the risk.

As for your first statement, that's pretty subjective and based on nothing lol. I'm pretty sure his teammate is more well-liked and they just tossed him to the curb. I hope he can go somewhere they can treat him with respect.

yeah... i don't think that would be a problem Ev. he's Bi-polar. i know a few people that suffer from that. it's a chemical imbalance. it's treated with medication and although sometimes there are some rebalancing to do with the meds, individuals can retain stability throughout extremely long periods of time. if properly managed, variations in moods can be caught way before it gets to be problematic.
it's not the Carrie Mathersons you see on TV.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner denies a contract has been agreed on.

obviously, there is smoke.

maybe it's more to do on keeping a team atmosphere and any frictions with fleury down to a minimum.

I think Vegas would be better off with Lehner long term than Fleury. but i'm not a fan of fleury. he's good. but he's like Anderson. some years good, some other not. that inconsistency isn't good for a team trying to be a contender. in a two goalie world, that would be fine.
but most teams aren't a two goalie world.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Speaking of two goalie worlds.

Montreal is one of those few, able to afford that luxury. and i have a sneaky suspicion that they might explore a Price trade if the right offer comes along next season and if Allen shows he can handle the pressure over there as well as still put up great numbers.

I keep thinking Colorado is that ideal partner. they have the cap room and would be terrifying with Price in net. shades of the patrick roy trade. something the habs have never been able to live down.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Two headed goalie monsters have gained in popularity the latest couple seasons with those teams having the greatest success. They will be even more important next year with the condensed schedule and many more back to backs than teams are used too. If you have a Dung backup, you either won’t succeed because of too many backup losses or your starter gets injured from playing too many condensed games.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At this point who even knows when or if the season will start. We’re looking at January February at least

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MTL acquire the rights of Edmundson for a 5th. Good move if they can sign him. They need a guy that can play in the top 4. He could be that guy for him.
With all their picks this is a low risk move. They have lots of cap room so they could even afford to overpay a little if they need to secure him. Montreal is having a busy off season and it’s not over.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone else get the page saying the domain for our forum is expiring when they try to come here?

Ev likes this post

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Pens just re-signed McCann to a very good deal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yikes. Poor John Lu.

https://twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl/status/1307913945588662273

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Montreal is a disaster. Worst place in Canada by far . More than 31,500 cases in Montreal which include 219 more today . By comparison, Toronto proper only has 16,00 cases (excludes Peel and York )

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Huge trade by the Penguins. I like it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Huge trade by the Penguins. I like it.

That's huge?...

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

That's huge?...

If it goes through, yes. He’s been a staple for so long with them. Rutherford is a mess. He’s also created it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

That's huge?...

If it goes through, yes. He’s been a staple for so long with them. Rutherford is a mess. He’s also created it.

Oh I thought you meant that was good for Pittsburgh

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This off season...so long...

Lol at trading Hornqvist for Matheson

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:This off season...so long...

Lol at trading Hornqvist for Matheson

Off season? Man, we're still in the playoffs. Where have you been?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Montreal is a disaster. Worst place in Canada by far . More than 31,500 cases in Montreal which include 219 more today . By comparison, Toronto proper only has 16,00 cases (excludes Peel and York )

i'd like to add that some parts of the city are more hit than others and the numbers are super high because of a lot of residences were massively hit.

I've still to have a single person in my large group of friends have it.

I'm not saying it's not out there but I think keeping a regular safety routine of mask and disinfectant makes it just as safe as most large urban centers in Canada. just don't be an idiot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum