GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 41 ... 46  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 46]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
This off season...so long...

Lol at trading Hornqvist for Matheson

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:This off season...so long...

Lol at trading Hornqvist for Matheson

Off season? Man, we're still in the playoffs. Where have you been?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Montreal is a disaster. Worst place in Canada by far . More than 31,500 cases in Montreal which include 219 more today . By comparison, Toronto proper only has 16,00 cases (excludes Peel and York )

i'd like to add that some parts of the city are more hit than others and the numbers are super high because of a lot of residences were massively hit.

I've still to have a single person in my large group of friends have it.

I'm not saying it's not out there but I think keeping a regular safety routine of mask and disinfectant makes it just as safe as most large urban centers in Canada. just don't be an idiot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Montreal is a disaster. Worst place in Canada by far . More than 31,500 cases in Montreal which include 219 more today . By comparison, Toronto proper only has 16,00 cases (excludes Peel and York )

i'd like to add that some parts of the city are more hit than others and the numbers are super high because of a lot of residences were massively hit.

I'm not saying it's not out there but I think keeping a regular safety routine of mask and disinfectant makes it just as safe as most large urban centers in Canada. just don't be an idiot.

There really is no argument to be had here. Quebec continue to be Canada's COVID cesspool with the majority of cases in Montreal.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Huge trade by the Penguins. I like it.

That's huge?...

If it goes through, yes. He’s been a staple for so long with them. Rutherford is a mess. He’s also created it.

Oh I thought you meant that was good for Pittsburgh

I don’t hate it. With Schultz most likely done in Pittsburgh, Matheson has some chances to get into a better fitting role. Hornqvist has been losing more minutes and opportunity each year for awhile now. One good trade for Pittsburgh doesn’t change Rutherford being a mess however.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Significant move by the Rangers. Market set for acquiring cap space. Between Staal and Lundqvist the Rags are gearing up to make a big move - not to mention adding Lafreniere for free

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Let’s have fun. Let’s all compare how Steve Yzerman GM’s vs Dorion.

Yzerman will go first.
Marc Staal and a 2nd to Detroit for future considerations. Done deal.

Dorion. You are up. tumbleweed

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

There really is no argument to be had here. Quebec continue to be Canada's COVID cesspool with the majority of cases in Montreal.

I mean, the real story that's not being reported is that covid numbers spiked 3 weeks after schools reopened. that was an idiotic move. but that's not just Quebec. every major city is spiking in Canada. of course, it's gonna continue being worse where there are the most cases.

i have no love for Legault though. he's an idiot.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Let’s have fun. Let’s all compare how Steve Yzerman GM’s vs Dorion.

Yzerman will go first.

Dorion. You are up.  tumbleweed

i know right?

i'm kinda glad that this happened now so it may actually put some barriers on Dorion making some idiotic moves where we lose assets as opposed to gaining some.

this is a total win by Detroit.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Case numbers mean nothing if they aren’t accompanied by rising ICU numbers and deaths

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Have we talked about the NCAA rule that allows players to stay enrolled at school but to play junior hockey ? How amazing would it be to see Pinto and JBD suit up for the 67s?

https://www.uscho.com/2020/08/29/ncaa-announces-rule-changes-due-to-covid-19-including-allowing-players-to-stay-enrolled-in-college-and-play-junior-hockey/

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
It all depends on if or when UND and the CHL resume playing

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Have we talked about the NCAA rule that allows players to stay enrolled at school but to play junior hockey ? How amazing would it be to see Pinto and JBD suit up for the 67s?

https://www.uscho.com/2020/08/29/ncaa-announces-rule-changes-due-to-covid-19-including-allowing-players-to-stay-enrolled-in-college-and-play-junior-hockey/

The caveat is they aren’t allowed to go to the CHL

These guys should just quit school and sign a contract regardless

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Then what constitutes jr hockey ?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Case numbers mean nothing if they aren’t accompanied by rising ICU numbers and deaths

They are when Quebec represents 50% of domestic cases . They're clearly doing something wrong there

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Let’s have fun. Let’s all compare how Steve Yzerman GM’s vs Dorion.

Yzerman will go first.

i know right?

i'm kinda glad that this happened now so it may actually put some barriers on Dorion making some idiotic moves where we lose assets as opposed to gaining some.

I think what we need to keep in mind is that Dorion is hamstrung by Melnyk. Of course it's a no-brainer to "weaponize" cap space like Detroit has done...but you also need an owner willing to take on salary.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yzerman will go first.

i know right?

I think what we need to keep in mind is that Dorion is hamstrung by Melnyk.  Of course it's a no-brainer to "weaponize" cap space like Detroit has done...but you also need an owner willing to take on salary.

also players have to waive NTCs. Staal had one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yzerman will go first.

i know right?

I think what we need to keep in mind is that Dorion is hamstrung by Melnyk.  Of course it's a no-brainer to "weaponize" cap space like Detroit has done...but you also need an owner willing to take on salary.

20+ million to get to the cap floor...
this should be a no brainer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 46]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 41 ... 46  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum