GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

JR sues NBC for wrongful termination. Claims his firing was driven by anti-straight discrimination.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/jeremy-roenick-sues-nbc-sports-224414977.html

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JR is a Cussing douchecanoe and always has been. What an absolute turd of a human being. Diddle him.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, guess he's not getting into the HHoF any time soon. Better chance for Alfie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Domi practicing with the team. Guess he's opting in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHL says that during the first 5 days of phase 3 (a.k.a. training camp) they had 2 players tested positive (out of 800+). Of course they won't say who, or even which team. They also didn't mention how many non-players tested positive.

Now, Pastrnak and another Bruin apparently did some public skating and are now self-isolating, but I don't think they are the ones who tested positive.

While 2 out of 800 sounds pretty good it's infinity more than 0.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:NHL says that during the first 5 days of phase 3 (a.k.a. training camp) they had 2 players tested positive (out of 800+). Of course they won't say who, or even which team. They also didn't mention how many non-players tested positive.  

Now, Pastrnak and another Bruin apparently did some public skating and are now self-isolating, but I don't think they are the ones who tested positive.

Nobody expected it to be zero. The risk should be extremely low once they're settled in. But it won't be like NBA who actually have zero right now in their bubble. They've done an excellent job.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

KHL does *weekly* testing. So now CSKA has *7* positives.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:NHL says that during the first 5 days of phase 3 (a.k.a. training camp) they had 2 players tested positive (out of 800+). Of course they won't say who, or even which team. They also didn't mention how many non-players tested positive.  

Nobody expected it to be zero. The risk should be extremely low once they're settled in. But it won't be like NBA who actually have zero right now in their bubble. They've done an excellent job.

Expected? No. Hoped, for sure.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Was it 2 out of 800 people or 2 out of 800 tests ? I heard it www 2 out of like 2500 tests or something along those lines

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Was it 2 out of 800 people or 2 out of 800 tests ? I heard it www 2 out of like 2500 tests or something along those lines

800+ players were tested, 2 positives. There were also non-players tested but they didn't say how many, or if there were any positives, but surely it's probable that there were some.

Would be interesting to know if the positives were on the same team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:JR is a Cussing douchecanoe and always has been.  What an absolute turd of a human being.  Diddle him.

good riddance. it will be funny when he gets laughed out of court.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Release the (Seattle) Kraken.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The name is great the S tentacle is ok. The colours are meh...
Blue and green would have been better but I guess that’s too close to Vancouvers colours.

I think a dark blue with another colour that it more Krakenish (salmon or peach and not red) would have looked nicer. Took me a while to understand that the S was a tentacle. Could have been better executed. But hey, it’s the NHL, teams can’t have a good jersey to start with.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the Kraken, colours, logos, everything...it's all good. The S tentatcle could be a little coolers, but the name is very good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tentacle? Then what is the red spot that looks like an eye? I thought it looked more like a seahorse.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Tentacle? Then what is the red spot that looks like an eye? I thought it looked more like a seahorse.

Yes, the red spot is an eye. The black thing going up the middle is made to look like a tentacle. The logo doesn't make sense, but not many do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If you're familiar with Strong Bad you will see the similarity with Trogdor:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 14 Edowje10

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol accurate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum