GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+6
SensHulk
tim1_2
Lagoon
wprager
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

As you can see I try to stay away from sources that are suspect. BBC and WSJ are legit. I find that FOX and CNN are ridiculously biased in opposite directions and are hard to take seriously. The whole HCQ idiocy likely resulted in preventable deaths as well as unnecessary suffering.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Here's a link to where that WSJ article is pasted in the comments (to get past the paywall): https://www.facebook.com/bill.mceachern/posts/10158302579741206

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

BertFacepalm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Fox News and CNN I don't follow either. CBC is also super liberal in Canada. Believe it or not ive been finding that ctv has had good national coverage . Internationally I'm not sure what to follow. CNN reported a new swine flu the other day which was just reported to be a non issue and hard to transmit to humans. CNN is just as bad as Fox imo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know about CTV. That's what my wife was watching daily and she's been freaking out. Mind you, it took me a while to convince her to wear a mask when going to the store. Go figure.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Global has been awful. I just don't know what to believe anymore

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Not the media.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Like I said, watch the main ones with a filter knowing which way they lean, be critical, spot the cranks, do your own digging.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The details about how the NHL bubbles will operate:

https://www.tsn.ca/talent/how-nhl-plans-to-operate-secure-bubbles-in-toronto-and-edmonton-1.1492443

Pretty interesting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Daily nasal swabs? Aren't those the really painful ones where they insert it through your nostril all the way into the sinus cavity? Surely, that's excessive and unnecessary. Why not just prohibit everyone from leaving the bubble (daily test anyone coming *into* the bubble) and test using one of the less invasive methods every 2-3 days?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Daily nasal swabs? Aren't those the really painful ones where they insert it through your nostril all the way into the sinus cavity? Surely, that's excessive and unnecessary. Why not just prohibit everyone from leaving the bubble (daily test anyone coming *into* the bubble) and test using one of the less invasive methods every 2-3 days?

Walter, I'm sure they have medical experts that determined this was the best way to go.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm with Walter. Seems excessive. They also must have masks on at all times and aren't allowed to go in other players' rooms

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The virus doesn't materialize out of thin air. The whole idea of hubs is to create virus-free bubbles where you tightly control anyone coming from outside the bubble, and tightly control everyone involved with the games to remain inside the bubble.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hotel workers, food delivery, etc etc.....lots of breaches to the bubble.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, this wont end well. It really wont. And today the 41 year old Broadway guy died from it. This is not the flu

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He lost his leg from blood clots, the rest followed from there. They don't know how the virus causes clots. They don't even know how often clots accompany infection:

It's unclear how many COVID-19 patients develop clots. Studies from China, Europe and the United States suggest rates ranging from 3% to 70% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients;

Clearly, they have no idea.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, back to the whole idea of daily testing being "excessive" (it's not), but the false negative/positive rate can be pretty high, so daily testing will help account for the unreliability of a single test.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where do you get the idea that false positives/negatives are high? We haven't been told which test kits they are using. There are existing ones which have very high confidence, there are others that do not. And tests are being improved upon all the time.

Please post links to support your statements.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum