GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kevin Lowe shouldn't be in, but I totally expected Alfredsson not to be. Hossa was definitely a lock.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Lowe has 6 Cup rings. But unless the player leads his team in some category (winning a major award, leading in some stats -- either offensive or defensive) I don't think the number of Cup rings is material (I mean, Iginla has zero rings while John Kordic has one).

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This will be a huge year for Logan Brown, kind of the forgotten guy in Ottawa.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:This will be a huge year for Logan Brown, kind of the forgotten guy in Ottawa.

I hope he has a positive attitude and busts his Donkey for the entire summer. I'd put more money on him being a bust right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He’s not a bust even if he doesn’t become a star. He’s already shown he can play in the league and has the most skill in the organization.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's Spezza but 15 years too late. Bad skater, not an intense guy, not overly physical but he's got a hell of a shot, great passer and a great hockey IQ.

Button said it well. When you play in junior and you're bigger than everybody you don't learn how to use your size and you don't need to be intense. He's learning that now. He'll be a solid 2C and will be fine with speedy wingers with grit on his wings. I see him fitting in nicely with Duclair and Connor Brown , and will be used in offensive zone situations and on the powerplay . He will be fine

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's Spezza but 15 years too late. Bad skater, not an intense guy, not overly physical but he's got a hell of a shot, great passer and a great hockey IQ.

Button said it well. When you play in junior and you're bigger than everybody you don't learn how to use your size and you don't need to be intense. He's learning that now. He'll be a solid 2C and will be fine with speedy wingers with grit on his wings. I see him fitting in nicely with Duclair and Connor Brown , and will be used in offensive zone situations and on the powerplay . He will be fine

So should we expect the same from Byfield?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's Spezza but 15 years too late. Bad skater, not an intense guy, not overly physical but he's got a hell of a shot, great passer and a great hockey IQ.

So should we expect the same from Byfield?

No, but it is exactly why he’s going back to junior next year. Maybe overseas for the first two months too before the CHL gets going.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I love the people that try to say Rossi is old for the draft class and attempt to use that as a deterrent, yet hype Jack Quinn even though he was hours away from being a 2019 3rd or 4th round pick. Age should only be a factor for the young of the class, not the old. Byfield for example, young and full of unknown potential.

Ev, I think you even mentioned Rossi was old. Could be wrong.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:He’s not a bust even if he doesn’t become a star. He’s already shown he can play in the league and has the most skill in the organization.

I don't think he's shown he can play in the NHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If he stays in the lineup for 50+ games then you can say he can play in the NHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:He’s not a bust even if he doesn’t become a star. He’s already shown he can play in the league and has the most skill in the organization.

I don't think he's shown he can play in the NHL.
he hasn't shown it consistently. he was given opportunities but did not exactly make the best of it. 23 games and one goal isn't a good mark for a guy that has talent. I didn't watch all his games but I know he was positioned to succeed and he didn't. he's still young but as it's been said he better work his Donkey off and stop wining at his agent to be given a shot.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

You guys know much more about Sens players than I do. Unfortunately, for my personal life, I’ve been focusing my energy on other teams because of Melnyk and Dorion.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I never said Rossi being old is bad, but you should compare his season to the Draft -1 seasons of the younger players like Byfield. Perfettis season is much more impressive than Rossi’s was last year. Quinn I don’t really care about.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I never said Rossi being old is bad, but you should compare his season to the Draft -1 seasons of the younger players like Byfield. Perfettis season is much more impressive than Rossi’s was last year. Quinn I don’t really care about.

D-1 is just that. I care more about the development that happened and the player they can become. Perfetti is a stud.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The only thing that hampered him was injuries last year. He can put it together, this is a big year for him though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also looking forward to seeing Brannstrom with more talent around him

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Let's just all agree that as long as dorion doesn't do something stupid and completely go off the board (which possible) we should be walking away with a #1 center and another top line player. I still have my preferences and think Drysdale won't make it past Detroit , but if we end up with him having a neidermeyer lite isn't the worst thing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum