GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:The Sens are actually so low to the cap floor, their distinct advantage and leverage I dare say is actually gone. They will now need to pay with assets like draft picks to get rotten players on rotten deals. Teams against the cap have many creative ways to get below it. Ottawa has no hope to get to the floor without “help”.

This team is truly a joke.

Not really. They have a bunch of their own guys to sign. They don’t have to add assets to get a guy like stepan

They had to add assets to get Callahan and we weren’t as low as we are now.

That was useless asset for useless asset though. Who knows what will happen but there’s gonna be a lot of movement at least

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:does anyone know what the penalties are for willingly staying bellow the cap floor? is it a percentage of that amount?
i can't help and wonder if this is what ownership is aiming for if it can save more money that way.

There’s an entire section regarding punishments. Nothing is concrete in there though and they make it pretty clear that it wouldn’t be advisable. They will destroy you more than you saved with money and assets.

I imagine it would be lost 1st rounders/etc etc.  I don't even think the league would allow a team to get in that situation.

Look what happened to Arizona just for testing some kids early. Times that by 10 if Ottawa goes full Ottawa.

I found this from an old article.....

(i) Impose a fine of up to $5 million in the case of a Circumvention by a Club or Club Actor, but in no circumstances shall such fine be less than $1 million against any Club or Club Actor if such party is found to have violated Article 50 of this Agreement. If such a fine is assessed against a Club (except in the case of a financial reporting violation), that Club's Payroll Room shall also be reduced by such amount for the following League Year, and if such reduction of the Club's Payroll Room renders the Club out of compliance with the Payroll Range (i.e., the Club does not have sufficient Payroll Room to accommodate its Player commitments comprising Club Salary) for such following League Year, then the Club must take such steps as are necessary (e.g., Assignment, Buy-Out, Waivers, etc.) and as are permitted by this Agreement to ensure that the Club will be in compliance with Article 50 of this Agreement upon
commencement of the following League Year;

(ii) Impose a fine against a Player of up to the lesser of $1 million or twentyfive (25%) percent of a Player's Paragraph 1 Salary in the case of a Circumvention by a Player or Player Actor, but in no circumstances shall such fine be below the lesser of $250,000 or twenty-five (25%) percent of the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary. Notwithstanding the $1 million limitation set forth above, any additional amounts by which the Player has been unjustly enriched due to the Circumvention shall be ordered to be disgorged;

(iii) Direct a Club to forfeit draft picks (the number, placement, and League Year of which shall be determined in the Commissioner's sole discretion);

(iv) Declare a forfeiture of any NHL Game(s) determined to have been affected by a Circumvention;

(v) Direct a Club to disclose and report to the Independent Accountants all information required by this Agreement, including, without limitation, by the provisions of Article 50;

(vi) Void any SPC, or any extension of an SPC, between any Player and any Club when both the Player or Player Actor and the Club or Club Actor are found to have committed such a violation with respect to such SPC or extension; and

(vii) Suspend any Club employee, Player, or Certified Agent involved in such a violation for a period of time determined in the sole discretion of the Commissioner, the System Arbitrator, or the NHLPA, respectively.

this seems to be for going over the cap.

not much on going under... guess we'll find out! Facepalm

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:does anyone know what the penalties are for willingly staying bellow the cap floor? is it a percentage of that amount?
i can't help and wonder if this is what ownership is aiming for if it can save more money that way.

There’s an entire section regarding punishments. Nothing is concrete in there though and they make it pretty clear that it wouldn’t be advisable. They will destroy you more than you saved with money and assets.

I imagine it would be lost 1st rounders/etc etc.  I don't even think the league would allow a team to get in that situation.

Look what happened to Arizona just for testing some kids early. Times that by 10 if Ottawa goes full Ottawa.

I found this from an old article.....

(i) Impose a fine of up to $5 million in the case of a Circumvention by a Club or Club Actor, but in no circumstances shall such fine be less than $1 million against any Club or Club Actor if such party is found to have violated Article 50 of this Agreement. If such a fine is assessed against a Club (except in the case of a financial reporting violation), that Club's Payroll Room shall also be reduced by such amount for the following League Year, and if such reduction of the Club's Payroll Room renders the Club out of compliance with the Payroll Range (i.e., the Club does not have sufficient Payroll Room to accommodate its Player commitments comprising Club Salary) for such following League Year, then the Club must take such steps as are necessary (e.g., Assignment, Buy-Out, Waivers, etc.) and as are permitted by this Agreement to ensure that the Club will be in compliance with Article 50 of this Agreement upon
commencement of the following League Year;

(ii) Impose a fine against a Player of up to the lesser of $1 million or twentyfive (25%) percent of a Player's Paragraph 1 Salary in the case of a Circumvention by a Player or Player Actor, but in no circumstances shall such fine be below the lesser of $250,000 or twenty-five (25%) percent of the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary. Notwithstanding the $1 million limitation set forth above, any additional amounts by which the Player has been unjustly enriched due to the Circumvention shall be ordered to be disgorged;

(iii) Direct a Club to forfeit draft picks (the number, placement, and League Year of which shall be determined in the Commissioner's sole discretion);

(iv) Declare a forfeiture of any NHL Game(s) determined to have been affected by a Circumvention;

(v) Direct a Club to disclose and report to the Independent Accountants all information required by this Agreement, including, without limitation, by the provisions of Article 50;

(vi) Void any SPC, or any extension of an SPC, between any Player and any Club when both the Player or Player Actor and the Club or Club Actor are found to have committed such a violation with respect to such SPC or extension; and

(vii) Suspend any Club employee, Player, or Certified Agent involved in such a violation for a period of time determined in the sole discretion of the Commissioner, the System Arbitrator, or the NHLPA, respectively.

this seems to be for going over the cap.

not much on going under... guess we'll find out! Facepalm

It's for both, they count as circumvention. I'm assuming they never thought anyone would not meet the floor but Eug is maybe willing to try.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lyndon Slewidge’s son was the Hells Angel that was murdered yesterday.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why is an OpP officers son a hells angel

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Lyndon Slewidge’s son was the Hells Angel that was murdered yesterday.

what the hell are hells angels doing in Ottawa, to begin with? that's the Outlaws territory.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Lyndon Slewidge’s son was the Hells Angel that was murdered yesterday.

Did NOT see that coming.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Did NOT see that coming.

Haven't you been following this team the last few years?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brannstrom lent to SC Langneau of the Swiss League.
good move. he can use some time playing in an inferior league of men. help him work on dominating with his game.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys are underwhelming

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The black jerseys are one of the best in the league. Amazing

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Take my money

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjreJf9UcAEOsSw?format=jpg&name=medium

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Jerseys are underwhelming

I only saw them on the hangers. Much better on the players. Well done, Ottawa

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Take my money

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjreJf9UcAEOsSw?format=jpg&name=medium

Did Melnyk sell?

Well those can stay on the shelves.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The black is sweet...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You start reading suter comparisons and perhaps realize what theyre up to

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’ve got to say that the jerseys are probably the nicest version of that version of the logo

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have the old black jersey that these pretty much match now. I guess what's old is new again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum