GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Brown needs to work on perpetual motion. Cut out the coasting.  Maybe start with 20-30 second shifts at first until he can do it for up to a minute.

As a matter of fact, yes, this is accurate.  I noticed it a few times.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think a lot of Sens fans are overly optimistic considering they're 5-0 in the rookie showcase / pre-season thus far. More importantly, the defence and goaltending have been good.

Will the Sens be better than we think this year? And given the RFA holdouts, should Ottawa look into acquiring one of them?

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's a lot of optimism and enthusiasm but I can't see it translating into a surprising year. Perhaps a surprisingly good start catching some teams off guard?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A lot depends on some of the veterans. Anderson has been very good in his 2 period. We haven't seen Zaitsev. What's Ryan going to do? Anisimov? Boedker?

I know what to expect from the young guys. They are learning and will make mistakes. The vets will need to step up to keep playoffs possible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's hoping the Sharks shart the bed so we can cheer for wins.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle Ryan was bad last night. Lazy skating and passes, he needs to smarten up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's in his mid 30s. This is what he is.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Diddle Ryan was bad last night.  Lazy skating and passes, he needs to smarten up.

it's just pre-season but I thought his line was very good

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Diddle Ryan was bad last night.  Lazy skating and passes, he needs to smarten up.

it's just pre-season but I thought his line was very good

I didn't watch much but he actually looked a little thinner and in better shape to me. As for his play, meh.
You hear about Tkachuk and other athlete's crazy diets and workout regimens. Even Boro is training for a marathon and now runs after games to stay loose and work on his cardio. I am sure Ryan pays some attention to what he eats but doesn't keep a specific diet or workout plan. Which is too bad because if he were in better shape and trained a little harder he'd be a much better player.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Here's hoping the Sharks shart the bed so we can cheer for wins.

Good call. I am cheering for player development, a few more picks at the deadline, and the Sharks to tailspin

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Here's hoping the Sharks shart the bed so we can cheer for wins.

Good call. I am cheering for player development, a few more picks at the deadline, and the Sharks to tailspin

Oh. And a Boedker buyout / trade lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When do we have Columbus' pick - as they could suck too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Brown needs to work on perpetual motion. Cut out the coasting.  Maybe start with 20-30 second shifts at first until he can do it for up to a minute.

that was my big knock on him last year. i was hoping it was gonna be dealt with by this year.

hopefully, it's not about his compete level. or maybe it better be and he can up it.

I'd still start him in Belleville. he's not a 4rth line center and will need to play in the top 9 at least. let him get his groove in Belleville for at least 20 games and dominate.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Abramov has a concussion but they don't expect he will be put long smith says he is almost ready just going through the protocol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Abramov has a concussion but they don't expect he will be put long smith says he is almost ready just going through the protocol

Ugh...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When do we play? Tonight?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:When do we play?  Tonight?

We play Montreal tonight