GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Meh, it's all good.  We all bring our opinions and it makes it more interesting IMO.  I'll watch closer Friday night, but I don't think you'll see him hitting people out of the way, more likely kind of standing in front of the net as a hard to move big player.

Which I am okay with - especially for someone with an injury history. I guess he leaves a couple things to be desired which is probably what the coaching staff sees too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Mark my words, when we're ready to compete, we better have guys who can win faceoffs and gain possession in both zones or we're completely Cussed.

We need Kenopka back lol

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It was very good timing to have Brown up and put him on the "top" line against a terrible Detroit opponent. He only had 12 minutes, so that # has to go up. He also was terrible in faceoffs, but that's expected for a rookie.  

I hate that none of our players are good at faceoffs.  12 minutes is not enough, I didn't realize that, but we were on the PK a lot again that game.  5 times I think?  Something ridiculous like that.

Pageau is decent on faceoffs.  But yeah...when you're not a good team at the best of times and you're losing every faceoff, it makes things that much worse.
Pageau is 49.4% in face offs.Tierney is our best at 58.8%

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So curious to see what the Sens do with Pageau. I imagine he'll be one of the top players available at the deadline

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It was very good timing to have Brown up and put him on the "top" line against a terrible Detroit opponent. He only had 12 minutes, so that # has to go up. He also was terrible in faceoffs, but that's expected for a rookie.  

I hate that none of our players are good at faceoffs.  12 minutes is not enough, I didn't realize that, but we were on the PK a lot again that game.  5 times I think?  Something ridiculous like that.

Pageau is decent on faceoffs.  But yeah...when you're not a good team at the best of times and you're losing every faceoff, it makes things that much worse.
Pageau is 49.4% in face offs.Tierney is our best at 58.8%

Holy crap, 58.8 is excellent! I guess someone has to win faceoffs

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So curious to see what the Sens do with Pageau. I imagine he'll be one of the top players available at the deadline

He definitely won't be a "top" player available at the deadline, but he would be a great depth addition to any team. Given his $3M cap hit and his expiring contract, coupled with his ability to play anywhere and playoff experience, we should be able to get a good return for him.

Now, all that said, he's probably one of the few guys that actually wants to stay here. Maybe he'll be the rare "trade at the deadline, resign in the offseason" guy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would love to keep him, but if a 1st is offered...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I would love to keep him, but if a 1st is offered...

I doubt we get a first for Pageau, but if he puts up very good #s this season, I guess it's possible.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So curious to see what the Sens do with Pageau. I imagine he'll be one of the top players available at the deadline

He definitely won't be a "top" player available at the deadline, but he would be a great depth addition to any team.  Given his $3M cap hit and his expiring contract, coupled with his ability to play anywhere and playoff experience, we should be able to get a good return for him.  

Now, all that said, he's probably one of the few guys that actually wants to stay here.  Maybe he'll be the rare "trade at the deadline, resign in the offseason" guy.

He can play up and down the lineup, kill penalties, has a great track record in the playoffs, and will have such a small cap hit that any team could add him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I would love to keep him, but if a 1st is offered...

I doubt we get a first for Pageau, but if he puts up very good #s this season, I guess it's possible.

If I'm a cup favourite and need some versatile players, I'd offer a 1st for pageau and c.brown, maybe a 2nd too. Those are two effective players built for playoffs imo

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd like to see Brown (and Pageau) stay. I think you can add another grizzly forward to that line and have a really solid shutdown line. Hell I'd even throw Norris there to see what he can do.

Norris-Pageau-Brown is a great L3

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd like to see Brown (and Pageau) stay. I think you can add another grizzly forward to that line and have a really solid shutdown line. Hell I'd even throw Norris there to see what he can do.

Perlini would be a good fit on that wing. Good shutdown line with scoring potential. Wouldn't cost very much either. Might even be able to trade him for Boedker if the Sens are willing to eat some salary.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd like to see Brown (and Pageau) stay. I think you can add another grizzly forward to that line and have a really solid shutdown line. Hell I'd even throw Norris there to see what he can do.

Perlini would be a good fit on that wing. Good shutdown line with scoring potential. Wouldn't cost very much either. Might even be able to trade him for Boedker if the Sens are willing to eat some salary.

I think it'll cost a little more than that. I think they're looking for a 2nd, but would settle for a 3rd. Don't know much about Perlini, but...I mean...why not?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I think it'll cost a little more than that.  I think they're looking for a 2nd, but would settle for a 3rd.  Don't know much about Perlini, but...I mean...why not?
Yeah he’s got value. Boedker wouldn’t cut it. But I think we could part ways with a prospect that we ain’t too high on but still has potential. Perlini could see himself on the top 6 at times and worst case scenario if we didn’t keep him we could probably flip him for more once he starts scoring

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So does this is a right off.

I bet Dorion just wrote in his notepad “trade for nick Leddy when he starts to decline...”.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

In my opinion, Pageau is worth a 1st and 5th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Terrible game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What would we give for jesse puljujärvi?

San jose 2nd and Chlapik?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum