GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Some dire giveaways in that game led to the second and third goals I believe. Couldnt make out if it was brown number 28 or gold leaf or whatever at number 29, but just gave it right up to them behind the net.

There were more giveaways that didnt result in goals too. It was fine until the islanders capitalized a few times, we were in it.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Miss brown on the pp a lot.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I feel as though LA can kick-start their re-build by moving Toffoli and Quick. The other option becomes moving Doughty to a team like Toronto who needs to figure out their defense and have Nylander as a trade-chip

i was wondering if Dorion was scouting Toffoli when he was at that game in LA. i have a feeling the price tag would be too high though.

LA is kind of Cussed if you ask me.
I'm not sure there's a retool they can do. at this point, IMO, I'd be moving almost everyone under the age of 25.
I'm not sure carter would net you much but Kopitar would. there is some team out there that would love to have him as a 1B.
you move quick, you move Kovalchuk and most players who won't be there in 4 years' time. scorched earth policy. maybe they keep doughty if he's willing to be the old guard to bring in whatever new blood will come their way.

I just don't see this team turning it around in any way

Are you completely forgetting the LA has one of, if not the best prospect pool in the entire NHL? Maybe the Rangers have better. That’s it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A mildly interesting article on the Sens’ attendance problem: https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/where-have-all-the-sen-fans-gone

It vaguely touches on how Melnyk might be the #1 problem keeping Sens fans away, but again, it lets him off the hook too easily. For me, I’ll start buying tickets again the moment Eugene sells the team. It’s quite obvious right now that the team is being run as cheaply as possible, which isn’t the end of the world given that it’s a rebuild. The one unforgiveable sin, to me, was not finding a way to resign Mark Stone. By Mark’s own account, the Sens never offered him what Vegas ended up offering him.

The Sens can have all the theme nights, fancy food and drinks, etc etc in the world, but I think the only thing that is really going to bring fans back to CTC is Melnyk selling.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, mark stone not being signed was the last straw for almost everyone. Imagine still having him and tkachuk on a line? What a shame

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Attendance doesn't really matter right now. No matter who is owner, attendance will be poor if the team is bad. The true test would be if the team is good in a few years, what the attendance is like then.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Attendance doesn't really matter right now. No matter who is owner, attendance will be poor if the team is bad. The true test would be if the team is good in a few years, what the attendance is like then.

I disagree in the context that attendance with this exact team but a new owner would have a difference of breaking even with a new owner and losing money with Melnyk as boss. Therefore, attendance is impacted by that imbecile.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Attendance doesn't really matter right now. No matter who is owner, attendance will be poor if the team is bad. The true test would be if the team is good in a few years, what the attendance is like then.

I disagree in the context that attendance with this exact team but a new owner would have a difference of breaking even with a new owner and losing money with Melnyk as boss. Therefore, attendance is impacted by that imbecile.

I agree it's impacted, I just don't think it would make a massive difference in numbers right away if the team is bad. Now if Melnyk sells and they get a top pick + potentially another top pick, that would increase season ticket sales by quite a bit I would imagine.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

I agree it's impacted, I just don't think it would make a massive difference in numbers right away if the team is bad. Now if Melnyk sells and they get a top pick + potentially another top pick, that would increase season ticket sales by quite a bit I would imagine.

I think you'll sell close to 50% more tickets by changing out the owner. You're selling hope and people have been pretty vocal about boycotting Melnyk. I think you start selling out once the arena is closer to the downtown core, which also means LRT will need to be expanded and fixed.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we'd see a significant bump in attendance if Melnyk announced the team was being sold. I'm unsure how much...I don't think we'd magically start selling out games, but as I state every opportunity I'm given, he's the #1 problem.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I feel as though LA can kick-start their re-build by moving Toffoli and Quick. The other option becomes moving Doughty to a team like Toronto who needs to figure out their defense and have Nylander as a trade-chip

i was wondering if Dorion was scouting Toffoli when he was at that game in LA. i have a feeling the price tag would be too high though.

LA is kind of Cussed if you ask me.
I'm not sure there's a retool they can do. at this point, IMO, I'd be moving almost everyone under the age of 25.
I'm not sure carter would net you much but Kopitar would. there is some team out there that would love to have him as a 1B.
you move quick, you move Kovalchuk and most players who won't be there in 4 years' time. scorched earth policy. maybe they keep doughty if he's willing to be the old guard to bring in whatever new blood will come their way.

I just don't see this team turning it around in any way

Are you completely forgetting the LA has one of, if not the best prospect pool in the entire NHL? Maybe the Rangers have better. That’s it.

Doughty is already 30 and probably the youngest of their core. You honestly they could bring in all their youth while their oldest players age away? I’m not sure that would work. Those older players likely won’t be as effective going down the line. I think most of them are moved and they’d be smart to do it sooner rather than later.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

50% of 9,500 i think is realistic ? 14000 tickets or so.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spezza looks okay to me from what I've seen. If Toronto waives him, I'd have no issues claiming him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yupp. Teach Brown, White and Norris how to win faceoffs. At the deadline you trade him to a team of his choice for a chance to win a cup. Offer him a special teams position with the organization when he retires. Everyone wins.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Update Balcers is out skating with a no contact jersey White is skating in Belleville and has been take of IR and Davidson has been called up For tonight's games

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. Teach Brown, White and Norris how to win faceoffs. At the deadline you trade him to a team of his choice for a chance to win a cup. Offer him a special teams position with the organization when he retires. Everyone wins.

Agreed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Update Balcers is out skating with a no contact jersey White is skating in Belleville and has been take of IR and Davidson has been called up For tonight's games

Nice, Davidsson. He'll probably get 4 minutes of icetime, but apparently quite speedy.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

DJ Smith says he’s hopeful Logan Brown will be able to rejoin the team for a practice at some point in the next week or so. At this point, still doesn’t appear to be any red flags for a long-term injury for him.  From Ian mendez

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum