GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Sabres are leading the league in points, Bruins have only one regulation loss, Tampa will get in the to three.  Which of those Teams are the Leafs passing?

Probably Buffalo - but it's what I've been saying this whole time. The Leafs are in trouble. A ton of pressure to win, media up their arse, arrogant coach who doesn't get along with their star player, captain controversy, bad depth, poor defense, inconsistent goalie.

Leafs next 10 games: Washington, @ Philly, LA, Vegas, Philly, @ Chicago, @ NYI, Boston, @ Pit, @ Vegas. IMO they need to go 7-3 to get back into the swing of things. If they go any worse then 6-4 I'd consider replacing Babcock.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Tarasenko to have shoulder surgery. Will be *evaluated* in 5 months. Wow.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey, if the need a Tarasenko replacement, BOBBY RYAN IS AVAILABLE!!!!!!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Hey, if the need a Tarasenko replacement, BOBBY RYAN IS AVAILABLE!!!!!!

Lol. No one is taking Ryan. He's a healthy scratch on one of the worst teams in the league. The only way I see us getting rid of him is to take on an equally bad contract (Seabrook, Parise, Lucic, D. Brown, Kovalchuk). Or maybe the Sens can trade for Byfuglien with a d-man going back the other way. Even then I still wouldn't do it if I were Winnipeg.

To Winnipeg: Ryan, De Melo
To Ottawa: Byfuglien (if he retires and it counts against the cap), Perreault (cap relief)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh, I wouldn't take a crap contract for Bobby. I'd let him sit out and see if it lights a fire, then play him again, then do it again when/if necessary.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Meh, I wouldn't take a crap contract for Bobby.  I'd let him sit out and see if it lights a fire, then play him again, then do it again when/if necessary.
yeah, I have a feeling Ryan might retire a sens. also insinuating that he calls it a career after his last contractual season. the glass is fragile. he's made enough cash. he won't come back even at a 1 mill contract.
I'm pretty sure he might have to be PTO'd anyway to have a chance at another contract. it's not just his salary that's stopping teams from having an interest.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Meh, I wouldn't take a crap contract for Bobby.  I'd let him sit out and see if it lights a fire, then play him again, then do it again when/if necessary.
yeah, I have a feeling Ryan might retire a sens. also insinuating that he calls it a career after his last contractual season. the glass is fragile. he's made enough cash. he won't come back even at a 1 mill contract.
I'm pretty sure he might have to be PTO'd anyway to have a chance at another contract. it's not just his salary that's stopping teams from having an interest.

At $1M he's worth a shot playing with a Crosby or in tampa

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Now he is, but in 3 years? He's already slow and doesn't look particularly interested. I try not to go back and forth on a player - and I was quite high on him after the playoffs of 3 years ago, but he looks like Dung. Just...so bad right now. Stay on your damn skates and don't skate in a circle to get back into the play. Start and stop. Start and stop. Write that on a chalkboard 1000 times until you do it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Now he is, but in 3 years?  He's already slow and doesn't look particularly interested.  I try not to go back and forth on a player - and I was quite high on him after the playoffs of 3 years ago, but he looks like Dung.  Just...so bad right now.  Stay on your damn skates and don't skate in a circle to get back into the play.  Start and stop.  Start and stop.  Write that on a chalkboard 1000 times until you do it.

35 year old bobby Ryan will not play in the league.
I still think he can be better than he is now but I’m thinking he’s not motivated to be on a team that’s not gonna have a chance to win.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Preds just signed Roman Josi to an 8 yr $9M+ per year extension. Now there’s a team that will be looking for cap relief next year. I wonder if there’s a quality asset we could snag from them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:The Preds just signed Roman Josi to an 8 yr $9M+ per year extension.  Now there’s a team that will be looking for cap relief next year.  I wonder if there’s a quality asset we could snag from them.

Turris lol?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Now he is, but in 3 years?  He's already slow and doesn't look particularly interested.  I try not to go back and forth on a player - and I was quite high on him after the playoffs of 3 years ago, but he looks like Dung.  Just...so bad right now.  Stay on your damn skates and don't skate in a circle to get back into the play.  Start and stop.  Start and stop.  Write that on a chalkboard 1000 times until you do it.

35 year old bobby Ryan will not play in the league.
I still think he can be better than he is now but I’m thinking he’s not motivated to be on a team that’s not gonna have a chance to win.

He just looks like he doesn't enjoy hockey anymore and he's playing out his contract. I remember a few years ago he wasn't included on the US Olympic roster and Burke was saying he has zero compete. he's bang on.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The Preds just signed Roman Josi to an 8 yr $9M+ per year extension.  Now there’s a team that will be looking for cap relief next year.  I wonder if there’s a quality asset we could snag from them.

Turris lol?

He'll definitely be made available but I am not sure I want Turris in my top-six right now given where the team is heading. Nashville is adding approx $5M to keep Josi and have $10M locked up to Granlund and Smith. They'll be fine. But they're a team that may look at adding cheap players to their mix. Someone like Lajoie would fit in well there.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

Turris lol?

He'll definitely be made available but I am not sure I want Turris in my top-six right now given where the team is heading.  Nashville is adding approx $5M to keep Josi and have $10M locked up to Granlund and Smith. They'll be fine. But they're a team that may look at adding cheap players to their mix. Someone like Lajoie would fit in well there.

I think Chlapik is also at the end of his rope with the Sens if he can't secure a spot in the starting lineup next season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Turris lol?

He'll definitely be made available but I am not sure I want Turris in my top-six right now given where the team is heading.  Nashville is adding approx $5M to keep Josi and have $10M locked up to Granlund and Smith. They'll be fine. But they're a team that may look at adding cheap players to their mix. Someone like Lajoie would fit in well there.

Under no circumstances could Turris be brought back while Eugene is still here. Even then, I think that contract is way too long for the Sens to take on. The last thing we need is a mediocre, aging 2nd line centre eating up minutes that would be better served with one of our young guys.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I loved Chlapik's game vs San Jose. He keeps playing like that, Ryan won't be playing any time soon.

Did anyone watch that game?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I loved Chlapik's game vs San Jose.  He keeps playing like that, Ryan won't be playing any time soon.

I saw that game it was good. Paul Pageau C. brown was a very good line. Tierney and Namestnikov looked good. Disappointed by two 5on 3 chance for about a minute each and got nothing

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I loved Chlapik's game vs San Jose.  He keeps playing like that, Ryan won't be playing any time soon.

I saw that game it was good. Paul Pageau C. brown was a very good line. Tierney and Namestnikov looked good. Disappointed by two 5on 3 chance for about a minute each and got nothing

yeah, I thought those 2 5 on 3s were the TSN turning points where the Sharts would storm back.

Did you like Chlapik's game as much as I did? I thought he was fantastic. He must have been specifically asked to go out and hit everything that moved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum