GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Gallant who gets his team to overachieve for two years is fired and DeBoer is hired. What a joke lol

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Unreal. Team is 3 points out of 1st in the Division. I wonder if it's because he used to yell at the players.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

And it's not like DeBoer has proven much at the NHL level.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not shocked at all by the coaching carousel. Couldn't believe NJ's coach was hired just weeks after his firing.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

That said Vegas has been underwhelming this year. Funny how the teama with ex Sens stars are all struggling

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure why Gallant got the axe. Very strange. I wouldn't say Vegas has been underwhelming really...I'd say they are pretty much where they should be (3 points out of the division lead, one point of a playoff spot). Unfortunately for them and outside of St. Louis, all the teams are lumped together. There's four points separating 2nd and 9th in the West, it's kind of nuts.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder how long gallant is without a job. Pretty stupid move if you ask me. Wonder if it’s a move ownership wanted. Mcfee doesn’t seem like a stupid Gm. It’s a weird one for sure. I’m hoping Vegas get bounced in the first round. Just cuz of that.

Gallant to Montreal. Book it!

Edit: I guess mccrimond is gm so who knows
And I guess Gallant doesn’t speak French so that’s off the table (how do you not speak French with that name ?)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dougie Hamilton, broken fibula (that's the smaller of the two lower leg bones). He had surgery and is out long time. Tough break for him and Carolina.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The playoff race in the East is ridiculously close, so that's a tough injury to swallow for Carolina.

Also, as of today, the Leafs are outside of the playoffs. Is it too much to hope for that they somehow don't make it?

If I were one of these bubble playoff teams, I'd be pulling the trigger on a deal NOW, and not waiting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gallant and one of the stars must have hated each other, no other reason. It's not like that roster is unbeatable

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Could be that the GM and coach didn't see eye to eye.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Another great night of results. Columbus wins and adds cushion to the Leafs missing the playoffs and Minnesota wins and adds cushion to SJ staying bottom 6. That’s huge.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Gallant and one of the stars must have hated each other, no other reason.  It's not like that roster is unbeatable

Or unrealistic expectations of ownership after overachieving and exceeding expectations.

Just my guess.
Now they traded a lot out of their Prospect pool and they have to find a scapegoat. aaaahhhhh nice to see classic NHL behavior ina new franchise.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Marc Methot is done with pro hockey:

https://www.tsn.ca/former-ottawa-senators-d-marc-methot-i-m-probably-done-playing-hockey-1.1431744

Too bad…loved him when he was in his prime here partnered with Karlsson. I’m pretty sure we’ll see him pop up doing some media work whether it’s with TSN 1200 or otherwise.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Looks like Marc Methot is done with pro hockey:

https://www.tsn.ca/former-ottawa-senators-d-marc-methot-i-m-probably-done-playing-hockey-1.1431744

Too bad…loved him when he was in his prime here partnered with Karlsson.  I’m pretty sure we’ll see him pop up doing some media work whether it’s with TSN 1200 or otherwise.

I saw him a few weeks ago in Ottawa. Looked like he was in shape. I am sure the team could find a coaching or player development position for him

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Total dud of a sports weekend. I guess I might check out the All Star Skills competition, although I usually regret that decision.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched about 20 minutes of the skills competition, but Sportsnet's production of it was driving me nuts, so I turned it off.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The 3 on 3 was fun. Canada won (they better have bought their goalie a huge steak dinner after that one). Seeing All McInnis do a clapper with a wooden stick was fun. Wonder what he would have clocked in with a composite stick back in his prime.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum