GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m stunned that no one took a shot at sprong or Ho sang. Bad reputation or not. Try him for a few games and re waive if you don’t like him. He gets sent back to their original AHL teams.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:I’m stunned that no one took a shot at sprong or Ho sang. Bad reputation or not. Try him for a few games and re waive if you don’t like him.  He gets sent back to their original AHL teams.

Me too. Ottawa has no excuse with only 49 contracts. I don’t get them at all. Even if they just try and re-unite Sprong with Chlapik for a couple games during or after the waiver GP limits. Frustration with them continues while Carolina, Rangers, Detroit and Colorado make all the right moves.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I’m stunned that no one took a shot at sprong or Ho sang. Bad reputation or not. Try him for a few games and re waive if you don’t like him.  He gets sent back to their original AHL teams.

Me too. Ottawa has no excuse with only 49 contracts. I don’t get them at all. Even if they just try and re-unite Sprong with Chlapik for a couple games during or after the waiver GP limits. Frustration with them continues while Carolina, Rangers, Detroit and Colorado make all the right moves.

You lost me at Detroit. They didn't pick anyone up either. They're doing the same thing as Ottawa.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Does Balcers count in their 23?

12 F + Sabourin = 13
6 D + Goloubef = 7
2 G

So maybe they expect Balcers to join the team when he is back from injury

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

When you have EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE passing on these guys, there are pretty valid reasons.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

When you have EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE passing on these guys, there are pretty valid reasons.  

Disagree and so does the waiver priority rules that are in place to help the worst teams improve their roster before teams that don’t need too because they are already good and presumably have depth.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Disagree and so does the waiver priority rules that are in place to help the worst teams improve their roster before teams that don’t need too because they are already good and presumably have depth.

When you're the WORST TEAMS in the league and you're passing up on good players, and then good teams are passing up on them to bolster their already good lineups, there are problems

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I look at it the same way as I look at my team at work. I won't add flight risks, people with bad reputations, etc because I don't want to disrupt team dynamics. It's a very difficult balance.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't bother adding any of those guys right now, we're chalk full of fringe NHLers, we don't need more - especially that have baggage. Although Duclair's about to Diddle some Dung up in the NHL I think. 30 goals are within his reach this year and he was a friggin throw in in the Dzingel trade lol

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Zadina sent down in Detroit. Apparently he looked awful this pre-season. Not engaged at all

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I wouldn't bother adding any of those guys right now, we're chalk full of fringe NHLers, we don't need more - especially that have baggage.  Although Duclair's about to Diddle some Dung up in the NHL I think.  30 goals are within his reach this year and he was a friggin throw in in the Dzingel trade lol

Stay the course and focus on a franchising changing draft and off-season.
Looking back, Dorion did really well with the Columbus trades. The Stone trade still stings, and the Karlsson trade is still TBD. If that SJ pick end up being a top-10, and Norris turns into a top-nine forward, the Sens did well. Balcers is a bottom-six, De Melo is a bridge player in Ottawa, and Tierney will probably be moved.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Toronto to name their captain tomorrow. Hope it's Tavares. Love to see Matthews have a hissy-fit

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They should give Sabourin a letter just for one game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would have claimed Harpur over Dahlstrom, but it's six to one. Apparently it's because theres an injury to belieu.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Spezza scratched tonight lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My goodness, that signing is going to be a distraction and a disaster.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Step 1: Matthews abuse charge
Step 2: Scratching Dubas' signing against his former team
Step 3: Naming Tavares captain (speculation).
Step 4: Losing to the Sens tonight.

Things are going to unravel quickly in Toronto

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hope so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum