GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#21: Panthers @ Senators: 7:30 PM, Nov 19

+2
wprager
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

15-game-point-streak Mike Hoffman and the Panthers are in town to do battle with the suddenly red hot (?) Ottawa Senators.

I think it'll be Luongo vs Matrix .

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jaros in, Wideman out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is some dumb Dung right here:

https://www.tsn.ca/hoffman-deserves-video-tribute-in-return-despite-awkward-ending-1.1212155

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Weird game. Batherson kid is alright.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ouch, that hurt at the end. Not sure Ottawa could have been handed any more opportunities than that

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I could only listen a bit and follow on Twitter. Probably not going to watch it later, either. On Twitter they said none of the goals were on Anderson but, come on, when the team scores that many for you you have to make a stop. Price made an inside one on Ovie to save a point.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I mean, at some point we'll figure out how to play defense. I think the goaltending was stinky too.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

The goaltending was not the greatest but the team can't play defense at all. Ceci looked completely lost last night and Chabot didn't play great defensively either. It's great to be able to score and be pushing for more but normally if you score 5 goals, you should be winning the game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess we know we'd struggle defensively when the veteran D are Boro and Ceci. It take patience and work. Last night was frustrating for sure, but there are many lessons in there I assume.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like there’s legitimate progress on Duchene according to Bob McKenzie. I find it hard to believe this won’t get done.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Looks like there’s legitimate progress on Duchene according to Bob McKenzie. I find it hard to believe this won’t get done.

Oh baby, yes please. I was just saying to my wife yesterday that this and Stone needs to be done ASAP. These are the forward cornerstones going forward and now the Senators can legitimately add pieces - like Batherson, Formenton, Brown, White etc. etc. to them and surround them with talent that begins the maturation process now.

Stone is a huge one too. As big as Duchene.

Then, Melnyk needs to make sure he has a good 8 mil put aside for Chabot too.

But yes, please sign Duchene. Don't wait a moment longer, him and Stone are the two cornerstone forwards. Please do it*

*NOTE: Clearly Duchene and Stone would WANT to be here, because at this point with their astonishing starts, they dictate their future.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Duchene signs, I think we have a legit chance of signing Stone too. Would be a spotlight in what was a dark time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t see why Stone won’t sign. He’s the leader and loves it here. This isn’t a Karlsson situation in my mind.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We should put aside a little for Bobrovski.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What I think will happen with the goaltending post-Anderson is that one of Hogberg or Gustavsson will be in the NHL with another vet G they can get on the cheap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum