GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #81: Panthers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, April 7th 2016

+3
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #81: Panthers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, April 7th 2016

GAME DAY #81: Panthers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, April 7th 2016 Large GAME DAY #81: Panthers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, April 7th 2016 Play11 GAME DAY #81: Panthers @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, April 7th 2016 Large

Last home date of the season, the "Fans Appreciation Night" finds the Sens icing a lineup that's missing 4 of the top six forwards from last year, and three regular defensemen -- one from each pairing (unless Methot plays).

Ryan left the game against Pittsburgh early and did not return; he won't play tonight and, as I have not seen any recall notices it looks like Gomez will play another one of this "last NHL" games.

Methot may play, which probably means Karlsson won't be on for 5 goals like he was last time. If not, then we're in for more Karlsson-Claesson shenanigans.

Expect a ton of shots from Hoffman (sitting at 29 goals). Zibanejad (19 goals and 49 points) and Ceci (9 goals, 24 points) could also use a goal each. Sitting two back of significant milestones are Pageau (18g) and Smith (23g).

23 days till the balls tumble. #GoBallsGo

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's more effort than this GDT deserves. I personally don't give a Dung, and likely won't watch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just light it up Karlsson, the game means nothing. I'll be watching Vikings: Season 2 tonight (just starting).

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Methot out. D tonight will be provided by one of the worst AHL teams there is.

Buffalo is on a 3 G win streak. Tim Murray must be furious. Quite possible that the Sens finish worse than the Sabres.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Let's hope Hoff scores a couple of goals and increases his trade value. Mika too. Only 1 point away from 50.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How can we have any forward success if Murray wants to remain GM? I don't understand where we're going...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:How can we have any forward success if Murray wants to remain GM?  I don't understand where we're going...

Agreed. I posted something about that a few weeks back and it was completely berated by everyone here. Need a GM who isn't afraid of making big moves and taking risks.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:How can we have any forward success if Murray wants to remain GM?  I don't understand where we're going...

Agreed. I posted something about that a few weeks back and it was completely berated by everyone here. Need a GM who isn't afraid of making big moves and taking risks.
Murray isn't afraid to make big moves,he just waits too long.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

berated? Doesn't make sense, we all agree. The question will come down to whoever taking charge will have some serious decisions to make. Chabot and White look like big time prospects, so trading them must be done with care. If the new GM trades Zibanejad and/or Hoffman and doesn't replace them with experience and talent, then it's a fail.

It's time to get this right, and it can't be Murray IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

Murray isn't afraid to make big moves,he just waits too long.

As evidence by the Phaneuf trade being 4 months late, yeah.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Phaneuf for Cowen/Greening/Michalek deal was pretty big and bold. Ryan for a 1st+Silfverberg was big. Trading away Spezza and Heatley were pretty big, if one-sided.

I think a lot of the seeming lack of big moves is due to the environmental factors:
- Ottawa not exactly a hot destination (surprised Phaneuf had us on his "yes" list)
- Melnyk's budget ties Murray's hands somewhat

None of that would change if Murray was replaced. While I don't disagree that it's time to move along I still think the roster issues have been largely addressed (Greening/Cowen/Wiercioch/Michalek/Phillips/Chiasson gone or soon gone; Phaneuf gives us a very good top-four, competition for the third pairing between Boro/Claesson/Englund/Chabot will be a positive, healthy CMac, continued improvement from Stone, Pageau, Zibanejad, Hoffman, Paul, Puempel.

Now, those are all positives but at least some of them will mean little unless there is a significant coaching change. Cameron will continue to play the favorites (Boro, Neil, Lazar, Smith) regardless of how well they play. The special units have been disastrous.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm actually on-board if Murray stays but switches out pretty much all the coaches. Maybe keep Wamsley but have him spend more time in Bingo with O'Connor. We will need him sooner or later (probably sooner).

Coach has to be experienced and I would prefer an outsider with no connections or allegiances to existing roster. I want someone who can see that Lazar and his 20 pts is not helping this team (Chiasson has more for crying out loud). If Ryan is struggling, sit him a game or two and see if that lights a fire under him. Same with Zibanejad. Give Phaneuf the A that he deserves and tell him to go ahead an knock some heads if he has to in order to get rid of the country club atmosphere.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You don't sit Ryan, you either trade him or pray he gets better with Turris or the C you bring in next year.

Lazar is developing, he should have developed in the AHL, he took a step back, but he's a player.

The decision will be about Zibanejad and Hoffman, what to do with them, are they good enough? Do we just add a big time winger to them? Do we try to parlay them into Duchene? Do we make a play for Statsny? Etc.etc.etc.etc.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:You don't sit Ryan, you either trade him or pray he gets better with Turris or the C you bring in next year.

Lazar is developing, he should have developed in the AHL, he took a step back, but he's a player.  

The decision will be about Zibanejad and Hoffman, what to do with them, are they good enough?  Do we just add a big time winger to them?  Do we try to parlay them into Duchene?  Do we make a play for Statsny?  Etc.etc.etc.etc.
I'm really not convinced on stastny and duschene I just don't see what part of our defense gets sacrificed in acquiring him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:You don't sit Ryan, you either trade him or pray he gets better with Turris or the C you bring in next year.

The decision will be about Zibanejad and Hoffman, what to do with them, are they good enough?  Do we just add a big time winger to them?  Do we try to parlay them into Duchene?  Do we make a play for Statsny?  Etc.etc.etc.etc.
I'm really not convinced on stastny and duschene I just don't see what part of our defense gets sacrificed in acquiring him.

None. I see Zibanejad being sacrificed. Getting a playmaking LH Centre will help Ryan a ton.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

None. I see Zibanejad being sacrificed. Getting a playmaking LH Centre will help Ryan a ton.

That would be ideal. Zibanejad, Hoffman and perhaps the 1st rounder should be in play for quality upgrades.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum