GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hate playing Boston. Boo

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I see Ben Harpur is now somehow injured again. Can we please ditch this guy ASAP? Thanks.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh, but don't worry everyone, Ceci is back.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And if the Sens lose to Boston Ceci will be crucified.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:So I see Ben Harpur is now somehow injured again.  Can we please ditch this guy ASAP?  Thanks.

He left the game twice against the Habs

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And if the Sens lose to Boston Ceci will be crucified.

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

FINALLY today's practise lines Boucher has white playing on the second line hopefully he actually does that in tomorrow's game

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What is the second line? Duchene and Boedker or Tierney and Stone?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:FINALLY today's practise lines Boucher has white playing on the second line hopefully he actually does that in tomorrow's game

Finally. He should never be taken off that line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, but he will be.

White's played well in 2 games. Boston should be a special game for him. Hopefully that motivates him, because he can play like a 1st rounder. He needs to play like that, consistently.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Oh, but he will be.

White's played well in 2 games.  Boston should be a special game for him. Hopefully that motivates him, because he can play like a 1st rounder. He needs to play like that, consistently.

That'll take time, but he's looked pretty solid. His confidence along the boards is excellent and should continue to grow.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

White just needs to be given an opportunity. He didn't get top-six minutes last year. There is a reason Kane wanted to play with him at the WHC. The kid is good. I've been vocal about him having 'bust potential' but right now he's on pace for 40 or so points this season or even more if he continues getting PP time and good minutes. I could very well be wrong.

I really like the direction the team is heading. Some tough calls will need to be made with Ceci, Ryan and Smith. But the kids coming up have a lot potential

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:White just needs to be given an opportunity. He didn't get top-six minutes last year. There is a reason Kane wanted to play with him at the WHC. The kid is good. I've been vocal about him having 'bust potential' but right now he's on pace for 40 or so points this season or even more if he continues getting PP time and good minutes. I could very well be wrong.

I really like the direction the team is heading. Some tough calls will need to be made with Ceci, Ryan and Smith. But the kids coming up have a lot potential

I also think a decision needs to be made soon on what to do with Brown. Oft-injured, not a lot of compete to his game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:White just needs to be given an opportunity. He didn't get top-six minutes last year. There is a reason Kane wanted to play with him at the WHC. The kid is good. I've been vocal about him having 'bust potential' but right now he's on pace for 40 or so points this season or even more if he continues getting PP time and good minutes. I could very well be wrong.

I also think a decision needs to be made soon on what to do with Brown. Oft-injured, not a lot of compete to his game.

There's no decision to be made until he plays a full year in the AHL. Or at least 50 games. Even then, I doubt Ottawa gives up on him anytime soon/

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's nice to see the power play finally looking like we actually have an advantage. No more everyone skates up and then a drop pass to the d who just puts the puck in deep. No more knowing that the puck was going to Karlsson and that most likely it would end up on Hoffman's stick on the side board. The PP units passe and keep moving, maybe that's why they're finally successful.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep, gotta agree. The PP looks dangerous now more often than not. Probably helped by the fact that Boucher is coaching it directly now, I guess.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They haven't (officially) given up on Nick Paul. I think Brown will be given at least the same number of years. 6'6" centers don't grow on too many trees. As he grows into his frame, adds some muscle, hopefully the injuries will become less frequent.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boro is having a hearing today for his elbow last night. I guess he'll get a 2 game suspension.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum