GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8

+2
Flo The Action
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Empty GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Early start time. Tkachuk will play. I assume Carey comes out. Condon will get the start in goal. A win here would be unexpected. But the Senators have rarely done anything expected of them in the last few years.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

not a great start

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess thats where we stand. 0-2

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Need to get rid of ceci. Jaros or wolanin would do much better job at this point

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Ceci has been alright. He needs to step up to a little above that, though. He's playing with Boro, and that's got to stop happening, too. Chabot has shown he can play 22+ minutes -- that's enough to be a top-pairing guy who doesn't kill penalties.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is the sens we expected.

im fine with it. I don't think we need to deal ceci. I think his value is what it is. he'll be dealt closer to the deadline and thats fine. we need someone thats been around. I don't want our blue line to be too green.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We had average goaltending and kept up with the Bruins. I only watched the first and most of the second and didn't think the refffing was even.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But regardless of the refs the Senators are taking way too many penalties. What burns me is that refs clearly give veteran players more leeway. It could also be about Boucher. That slash by Wideman on Marner was clearly delivered after the shot was made, there was no way that was a penalty shot. But the way Boucher carried on was way over the top and too long.

9GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Empty Re: GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flush that turd down the toilet

10GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Empty Re: GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Flush that turd down the toilet

keep your hand on the handle. I feel like this team might have explosive diarrhea this year.

11GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Empty Re: GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think once Duchene starts rolling, we'll be in better shape. The defense is as-expected so far. Hopefully they tighten it up a bit as they gain a bit of experience.

12GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Empty Re: GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That was actually their best game yet. They deserved a point at least, just couldn't handle the top line. They controlled the majority of the play otherwise.

13GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Empty Re: GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, it's tough to get mad about losing to a good team with the best line in hockey. Especially with our sub-par backup in net.

14GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Empty Re: GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

keep your hand on the handle. I feel like this team might have explosive diarrhea this year.

Meh, maybe. They compete hard and they can score more than I thought anyway, we'll see.

15GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Empty Re: GDT#3: Senators @ Bruins: 1PM, Oct. 8 Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Meh, maybe.  They compete hard and they can score more than I thought anyway, we'll see.

oh im not saying they're mailing it in but this is what it is. we just don't have the bodies with enough talent or they just havent developed enough at this stage. especially the backend.

but I will continue to say this, I think Boucher is the right guy for the job. he's really good at moulding young hockey players. and the lack of success will probably keep him levelheaded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum