GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST

+3
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:54 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was a weird game. Matrix was bad to start and then became very good. We scored all our goals in the 1st and then sat back a little, but also Ward was very good (stopping Boedker on the PP from the doorstep and Dzingel on a breakaway come to mind).

The D was a mixed bag, but the young guys were encouraging. I couldn't help but laugh on the sequence that lead to Chicago's tying goal in the 3rd. Boro tries to get the puck up the boards, Chicago keeps it in. A bouncing puck comes to Ceci, who whiffs on it, and Chicago gets it behind the net. Boro goes to chase the guy behind the net, Chicago passes it through him to an open guy in the slot who buries it. And these are our two "veterans" on the blue line.

Anyway, pretty good for the first game all in all! It was great to see Lajoie play well and actually show that the Sens' hockey ops department does know what it's doing some of the time.

17GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:07 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Formenton had some great chances, Boedker hit two posts, Stone missed a good chance or two, Andy let in some weak goals. Should have been a win but not a bad end result.

I am hopeful Ceci is traded at the deadline. I don't think Jaros can be any worse. There was a replay that showed Ceci take a shot from the blueline directly at Ward's chest. He had two Sens players wide open at either side of the net for a tap-in. He has zero hockey IQ.

As for Boro it is hard to say what they do with him. Chabot and Lajoie appear to be going nowhere and Wolanin is NHL ready. That should be our left side. Wideman played well, and De Melo did his job. Maybe down the road they have Boro on his off-wing but I just don't see how they can fit all these guys in.

Chabot-Wideman
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-Boro

18GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:46 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, by giving Boro the part time "A", I assume he'll be in the lineup most of the year.

There's nothing wrong with Wolanin and Jaros spending a bunch of time in Belleville. Belleville should be good this year, too, so a winning atmosphere will be a bonus. They'll each get some NHL time due to to injuries, but again, I'm fine with them getting a bunch of AHL time.

19GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:48 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Decent game considering Duchene wasn't good and cost us the OT goal IMO. Pumped to get Tkachuk back in there.

20GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tkachuk will make sure the forecheck doesn't soften as the game goes on I think.

Duchene was poor. I'm also annoyed at Smith taking draws when he can't win them.

Kane made absolute fools of boro and ceci on the tying goal. Lulled them into following him and beat them both.

21GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:37 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Tkachuk will make sure the forecheck doesn't soften as the game goes on I think.

Duchene was poor.  I'm also annoyed at Smith taking draws when he can't win them.

Kane made absolute fools of boro and ceci on the tying goal.  Lulled them into following him and beat them both.  

It's Patrick Kane. These players are superstars for a reason.

22GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:45 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Ceci and Boro the absolute worst pairing on he ice last night. They both looked so slow

23GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:46 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It was nice to see Colin White having a strong game. I know it's only one game but he played really well and his hockey IQ was quite evident. Would like to see him replace Smith on L2 as a regular. Could be a dynamite 2nd line.

I didn't think Duchene was awful aside from that OT giveaway. In his defence they probably didn't practice OT very much with Dzingel and Chabot replacing Hoffman and Karlsson out there.

24GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It was nice to see Colin White having a strong game. I know it's only one game but he played really well and his hockey IQ was quite evident. Would like to see him replace Smith on L2 as a regular. Could be a dynamite 2nd line.

I didn't think Duchene was awful aside from that OT giveaway. In his defence they probably didn't practice OT very much with Dzingel and Chabot replacing Hoffman and Karlsson out there.

He played on a line with Smith last night.

25GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It was nice to see Colin White having a strong game. I know it's only one game but he played really well and his hockey IQ was quite evident. Would like to see him replace Smith on L2 as a regular. Could be a dynamite 2nd line.

Yes but Smith played in Tkachuk's spot. I'd like to see Tkachuk-White-Stone as a line

26GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yes but Smith played in Tkachuk's spot. I'd like to see Tkachuk-White-Stone as a line

I think Smith was the centre the majority of the time. I would like to see that line as well, though.

27GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Tkachuk will make sure the forecheck doesn't soften as the game goes on I think.

Duchene was poor.  I'm also annoyed at Smith taking draws when he can't win them.

Kane made absolute fools of boro and ceci on the tying goal.  Lulled them into following him and beat them both.  

It's Patrick Kane. These players are superstars for a reason.

yeah, but they both went for him behind the net. A stupid decision and he destroyed them.

28GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Andy was a little too deep in his goal, too.

But overall, 45 shots or whatever they gave up is too many. Foot was not on the gas pedal the whole game. That much was pretty evident.

29GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Andy was a little too deep in his goal, too.

But overall, 45 shots or whatever they gave up is too many. Foot was not on the gas pedal the whole game. That much was pretty evident.

They stopped forechecking, it's as simple as that.

30GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Andy was a little too deep in his goal, too.

This is game one but let’s be honest. If this is the style of play we are going to see this year with the way youth is playing, Andy will be left high and dry to stop 40-50shots a game all year.

Andy actually does quite well when he’s kept with a high shot percentage. Condon... not so sure. Actually, it’s a toss up with Andy. Usually let’s a few silly goals in before he shuts the door.
I have faith in us getting more than a couple goals a game from these players.

Not sure if that’s good or bad but it will be entertaining!

31GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Blackhawks @ Sens. 7:30 PM EST Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They have to make absolutely sure about tkachuk. I bet he wants to play bad tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum