GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 53 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A lot can happen between now and February.

As an aside I thought the Sens looked good last night. I know they lost, but they essentially dressed their 2nd and 4th lines (including a rookie and a new 2C) and no notable prospects with the exception of Balcers and Chlapik who both had strong games.

Need to remember that the Marlies won the Calder Cup last year. Anderson only let in one goal and had zero chance on it.

Ceci continues to look awful and completely unable to win battles and handle a puck.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ceci has nothing to play for right now ,just remember that.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

He might not have much to play for now but if he thinks he is worth so much more than his current contract then he definitely need to play a lot better this season

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Ceci has nothing to play for right now ,just remember that.

Ceci can only be defended for so long. This season is his chance to prove he's good. It's time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Ceci has nothing to play for right now ,just remember that.

Ceci can only be defended for so long.  This season is his chance to prove he's good.  It's time.

not saying he'll be good, just that it's meaningless at the moment. He's not competing for a spot.

Also SensChirp met with Dorion yesterday and they confirmed that Duchene and Stone are negotiating contracts right now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought Ceci was ok. He needs to better better than ok but it's not "go" time yet.

I thought Harpur didn't look awful. Definite improvement over last year.

I thought the refs were in mid season form, letting the Leafs get away with nearly unlimited offenses until the game was out of hand.

Balcers will help Belleville. Upgrade over Perron at this point. Chlapik had long been a favorite of mine. Having him and Tkachuk and White up front, and Jaros and Boro on the blue line will make this not a fun team to play against.

But we're missing skill something awful. So many chances last night, so little finish.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Just read the senschirp article Work on has been negotiating but isn't rushing so anyone hoping Duchene is signed before season opener I wouldn't count on it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Just read the senschirp article Work on has been negotiating but isn't rushing so anyone hoping Duchene is signed before season opener I wouldn't count on it.

yeah I read that too. take away what you want from it. it was just another case of Dorion feeding little nothings to try and appease the fanbase. not sure if Duchene is actually interested in resigning. personally I hope so because I"m gonna need something exciting to watch.

personally I don't often read chirp anymore much. too fanboy'ish to me. I prefer to read booboo, the mouth piece for the org or some of the more credible journalists covering the sens.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ceci has his future to play for. I think he'll be gone at the deadline either way

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Nice article by Senschirp. He hits a lot of points that I think the fan base in general needed to hear. Was Senschirp/Dorion hinting at MacArthur becoming A/GM? Hard to say...

Typically Senschirp articles are fanboyish but I still read them. I don't bother reading the comments. The 6thSens I can't tolerate. He's a complete doomsdayer and I just can't support him.

I think the fan base in general needs to calm down right now. Yes, back-to-back losses to Toronto who are cup contenders (not favourites) and just won the Calder Cup. Best farm team and good hockey team against a growing hockey club with a lot of first time professional games being played by the Sens hopefuls.

I am excited for hockey this year. Chabot, Wolanin, Tierney and De Melo should be able to help cover some of the offense that Karlsson produced, and Boedker, White, Batherson and whoever else should be able to fill Hoffman's production. Full year of Duchene, a healthy Stone, and hopefully a rebounded Anderson will keep the team competitive and fun to watch.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I respect anybody’s opinion about the management but I’m very high on Tkachuk and think he’s a better option than most of those top picks next year . I also think the sens will finish around 10th last

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We are in a  Position where next years pick could be Hugues. No way should we have drafted Tkachuk. Top 5 next year will all be better or equal to Tkachuk. Diddle Dorion. Diddle Melnyk and Diddle this half assed rebuild

Yeah and I could win the lottery tonight.

"Could be" is no guarantee. You take the guaranteed #4 any day of the week. People will be eating crow on Tkachuk in due time.

I don’t see how you can have that opinion. I’m started to enjoy your posts more because I can see knowledge, but even if I put my biases against Tkachuk aside, for the Sens to have this kind of admitted rebuild in mind, for them to draft Tkachuk and forfeit their 2019 pick to Colorado is in my opinion an utter mismanagement of assets and planning. The sole reason behind my opinion and this is without me not liking Tkachuk, is you don’t build around a winger. You do that with C’s Next year Colorado will get a superstar C. Just watch. Tkachuk is not Ovechkin or Laine. Even if Colorado gets Byram, Tkachuk will be considered a huge mistake. Christ, anything in the top 8 next year, Tkachuk isn’t at their level in my opinion.

With every loss this season, Sens fans have nothing to look forward too. Another huge mistake to think about by using their 2018. This season will just continue to breed negativity.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Odds of winning the lottery is less than 1 in 5 *even* if you manage to finish last. They will likely miss the playoffs so they will have a chance but it's so remote that a guaranteed top 4 is still the pick you make every day.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nice article by Senschirp. He hits a lot of points that I think the fan base in general needed to hear. Was Senschirp/Dorion hinting at MacArthur becoming A/GM? Hard to say...

Typically Senschirp articles are fanboyish but I still read them. I don't bother reading the comments. The 6thSens I can't tolerate. He's a complete doomsdayer and I just can't support him.

I think the fan base in general needs to calm down right now. Yes, back-to-back losses to Toronto who are cup contenders (not favourites) and just won the Calder Cup. Best farm team and good hockey team against a growing hockey club with a lot of first time professional games being played by the Sens hopefuls.

I am excited for hockey this year. Chabot, Wolanin, Tierney and De Melo should be able to help cover some of the offense that Karlsson produced, and Boedker, White, Batherson and whoever else should be able to fill Hoffman's production. Full year of Duchene, a healthy Stone, and hopefully a rebounded Anderson will keep the team competitive and fun to watch.

Speaking of Hoffman I got free tickets to the Habs Florida game yesterday and he didn’t really do much. He won’t be a top line player in Florida I believe. They have better players suited for that duty.

That’s just it with Sens chirp, it’s like he’s the mouth piece for the Sens but on a blogger level without much to contribute. That article was terrible. I can’t believe he’s got a degree in communications.
The 6th Sens Guy is uber negative but I just think he’s sore because the org hasn’t offered him a job in analytics hahaha. Some of the stuff he said was good but he went so far into the analytics that I think he’s lost the plot.

Some of better blogging stuff is over on silver seven but I couldn’t tell you which writers.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just generally ignore the "blogger stuff" at this point. They know nothing more than we do, so I'd rather yak with you guys than put any faith in the 6th Sens or Chirp. There's also only so many ways you can write down that Melnyk is bad for the team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I just generally ignore the "blogger stuff" at this point.  They know nothing more than we do, so I'd rather yak with you guys than put any faith in the 6th Sens or Chirp.  There's also only so many ways you can write down that Melnyk is bad for the team.
I like some of the articles from silver. Seven as they can write good pieces about prospects where they compile different analysis from around scouting reports. Saves me some paywalls and digging around. It might be biased but It’s better than nothing

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I just generally ignore the "blogger stuff" at this point.  They know nothing more than we do, so I'd rather yak with you guys than put any faith in the 6th Sens or Chirp.  There's also only so many ways you can write down that Melnyk is bad for the team.

My sentiments exactly.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So another game day. I think the Sens come out with a W tonight. Hotsam Batcho gets his first game of the pre-season. Boedker with Duchene and Dzingel. I like this move. Adds some speed to the Ryan-Smith line with Formenton or Batherson. Not a bad look

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

In a perfect world Smith is on L4 with Pyatt and Paajarvi. I'd like to see White center Boedker and Ryan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 53 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum