GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades

+5
Lagoon
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 11]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I only said I wonder if he'd sign..it's not like Ottawa is a destination for anyone right now.  #FuckyouMelnyk

It will probably gets much worse before it gets better. Potential case and point, the Leafs signing de Haan. A player some people actually thought the Sens has a chance at signing.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If the Karlsson trade does yield a good return then we may not have to be active. As mentioned in the other thread, Dorion's legacy depends on this trade and given his history he's in a lot of trouble.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I agree. I’ve alresdy speculated on my potential return for Karlsson about a month ago.

I firmly believe the Sens will never sign a free agent of substance until Melnyk sells. The good thing is, you don’t need to “win” free agents to be great. We have the talent and prospects to win, we just somehow need to keep them happy and retain them. That’s proving to be difficult lately with our star players and captains.

I don’t want to trade Karlsson. He’s my favourite player. He’s the last jersey I still have playing for the team. In saying that, a sign and trade with Vegas that see us getting Miller, Tuch, (Brannstrom or Glass), and 2 1sts will not set us back.

94July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I agree. I’ve alresdy speculated on my potential return for Karlsson about a month ago.

I firmly believe the Sens will never sign a free agent of substance until Melnyk sells. The good thing is, you don’t need to “win” free agents to be great. We have the talent and prospects to win, we just somehow need to keep them happy and retain them. That’s proving to be difficult lately with our star players and captains.

I don’t want to trade Karlsson. He’s my favourite player. He’s the last jersey I still have playing for the team. In saying that, a sign and trade with Vegas that see us getting Miller, Tuch, (Brannstrom or Glass), and 2 1sts will not set us back.

It sets us up quite nicely for our future. I'd also be okay adding in a prospect or two (Paul, Brown) if it means we get more. Ex: add Brown if it means we get Glass back if he were not part of the original trade.

To Vegas: Karlsson, Ryan, Brown
To Ottawa: Miller, Theodore, Tuch & Brannstrom, Glass, 2 1st rd picks

I also think Vegas will make the playoffs next year. 1st rd picks are good but a 20+ pick isn't necessarily amazing. I'd almost prefer we get roster players with high-end potential meaning I would give up receiving a 1st if it meant we got someone with high potential back.

95July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I agree. I’ve alresdy speculated on my potential return for Karlsson about a month ago.

It sets us up quite nicely for our future. I'd also be okay adding in a prospect or two (Paul, Brown) if it means we get more. Ex: add Brown if it means we get Glass back if he were not part of the original trade.

I also think Vegas will make the playoffs next year. 1st rd picks are good but a 20+ pick isn't necessarily amazing. I'd almost prefer we get roster players with high-end potential meaning I would give up receiving a 1st if it meant we got someone with high potential back.

I'm sorry, but that's really wishful thinking.

The best you can hope for right now is: Glass, 1st and Theodore - and even that I don't think will happen.

96July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:13 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya it is wishful thinking and not realistic. But this is a generational player in his prime and Dorion needs to hit a home run with this.

97July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Way back when Melnyk was rich, passionate and a blowhard (he's no longer rich) and the Sens were spending to the cap, the only FAs of note were over the hill ones like Hasek, Kovalev, Gonchar etc.

Current situation is only different because of the internal salary limit, which still didn't stop them from giving out bad contracts (Ryan bring the worst but not the only).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's really wishful thinking.

The best you can hope for right now is: Glass, 1st and Theodore - and even that I don't think will happen.

I don’t know. I think the price for karlsson should be between what both of you have set it. If all we get is Theodore, glass and a first then we lost assets by having to include Ryan. I always said including Ryan to reduce the return is a Cussed up move.

Reflects the problem under current ownership.

I understand paying to have a bad contract taken off your hands when you’re up against the cap but because ownership is broke? Ok, you clearly can’t operate a franchise. Get the Diddle out of town.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Isles just took Martin off the Leafs for free paving the way for them to get a D-man. What the Diddle is wrong with Lou? Facepalm

100July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:30 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Do we even hit the cap floor if Ryan is included?

101July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I find it amusing the Sens are SO intent on getting rid of Ryan, even though, while he's overpaid by half, he could be a contributor when healthy. It's just another Diddle you right now from Melnyk.

102July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do we even hit the cap floor if Ryan is included?
I played around on cap friendly and it was pretty easy to get to the floor

103July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:The Isles just took Martin off the Leafs for free paving the way for them to get a D-man.  What the Diddle is wrong with Lou?  Facepalm

I thought teams were lining up to take Martin.... whatever.
Lou thinks he’s still the GM of Toronto.

104July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:The Isles just took Martin off the Leafs for free paving the way for them to get a D-man.  What the Diddle is wrong with Lou?  Facepalm

This could never be proven, but to find out that Lou is secretly two-hating wouldn’t surprise me.

105July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lehner to the Islanders, 1 year "prove it" deal.

106July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There goes the Anderson trade market

107July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Lehner to the Islanders, 1 year "prove it" deal.
Good move for the isles. Bad move for us.

108July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 7 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

De Haan to Carolina. There goes that theory that we’d land him.

It’s thin out there....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum