GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades

+5
Lagoon
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

106July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There goes the Anderson trade market

107July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Lehner to the Islanders, 1 year "prove it" deal.
Good move for the isles. Bad move for us.

108July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

De Haan to Carolina. There goes that theory that we’d land him.

It’s thin out there....

109July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:The Isles just took Martin off the Leafs for free paving the way for them to get a D-man.  What the Diddle is wrong with Lou?  Facepalm

This could never be proven, but to find out that Lou is secretly two-hating wouldn’t surprise me.

But why would he do that? There would have to be a paper trail somewhere.

110July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Lehner to the Islanders, 1 year "prove it" deal.
Good move for the isles. Bad move for us.

How is that bad for the sens? Lehner stinks

111July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Because he's great against us

112July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think Lehner is bad at all. He just needs better focus and some mental coaching. That team was beyond awful last season, and his attitude want great. But on a team with better leadership he could really flourish. Look what happened to Kane in San Jose.

Sadly, though, I don't think the Islanders are the best for for him. Maybe he can see a sports shrink in the summer because this could well be his last shot at the NHL.

113July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I don't think Lehner is bad at all. He just needs better focus and some mental coaching.   That team was beyond awful last season, and his attitude want great. But on a team with better leadership he could really flourish. Look what happened to Kane in San Jose.

Sadly, though, I don't think the Islanders are the best for for him. Maybe he can see a sports shrink in the summer because this could well be his last shot at the NHL.

You can't cure that attitude, I don't think.  I think he's got as_sholeitis.

114July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:00 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Giving Lehner a 1 year $1.5M deal is as low risk as it gets. Worst case, he continues to stink and have injury problems and he goes away at the end of the year. Best case, he turns things around and is great. As other have said, the Isles will likely be a bit of a mess on the ice so things may not go so well.

115July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:06 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:De Haan to Carolina. There goes that theory that we’d land him.

It’s thin out there....
Good AAV and term. I wonder if we offered.

116July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:09 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There goes the Anderson trade  market
Anderson needs to come in and play well, then he can be moved at the deadline.

117July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:02 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah and it hasn’t been confirmed he wants out anyway

118July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't think Lehner is bad at all. He just needs better focus and some mental coaching.   That team was beyond awful last season, and his attitude want great. But on a team with better leadership he could really flourish. Look what happened to Kane in San Jose.

You can't cure that attitude, I don't think.  I think he's got as_sholeitis.

So did St. Patrick. And they both won the Calder Cup MVP as a teenager.

McGuire had an interesting point today. Lou. It's the first time Lehner it's under aGM that runs that tight of a ship. Might do him good.

119July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:36 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the Stars hadn't just signed Khudobin, I'd say that could've been a good landing spot for Matrix .

120July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need Anderson. Sorry, no trade for you. Play better and we'll talk at the deadline.

121July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:58 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:We need Anderson.  Sorry, no trade for you.  Play better and we'll talk at the deadline.

I agree. With a bit more time off his deal he might be a bit more attractive to a team. After last season it’s not like he’s got much value now anyways.

122July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Plus by giving the Anderson trade some time, we can see if Hogberg or Gustavsson or even Condon are ready for prime-time, or if we need a stop-gap NHL 'tender.

123July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 8 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Itim1_2 wrote:Plus by giving the Anderson trade some time, we can see if Hogberg or Gustavsson or even Condon are ready for prime-time, or if we need a stop-gap NHL 'tender.
I was wondering about Gustavsson. But he’s quite young still. 20 if I’m correct. He’ll probably need a year or two more at least. Hogberg will need a bounce back, so will Condon for that matter. It’s too bad we don’t have our first because we can’t just sit back and say we’ll get an elite player if it magically all comes together like Pierre hopes it does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum