GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades

+5
Lagoon
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

121July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:58 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:We need Anderson.  Sorry, no trade for you.  Play better and we'll talk at the deadline.

I agree. With a bit more time off his deal he might be a bit more attractive to a team. After last season it’s not like he’s got much value now anyways.

122July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Plus by giving the Anderson trade some time, we can see if Hogberg or Gustavsson or even Condon are ready for prime-time, or if we need a stop-gap NHL 'tender.

123July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Itim1_2 wrote:Plus by giving the Anderson trade some time, we can see if Hogberg or Gustavsson or even Condon are ready for prime-time, or if we need a stop-gap NHL 'tender.
I was wondering about Gustavsson. But he’s quite young still. 20 if I’m correct. He’ll probably need a year or two more at least. Hogberg will need a bounce back, so will Condon for that matter. It’s too bad we don’t have our first because we can’t just sit back and say we’ll get an elite player if it magically all comes together like Pierre hopes it does.

124July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:19 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We don't need a first if we deal Karlsson, Anderson, Smith, etc for picks/prospects. A single high first round pick next draft isn't the end of the world...we've added a couple blue chippers in the past few months (Tkachuk, Gustavsson), and can easily add at least two more in the near future. I don't really care about the 2019 first rounder at this point in time.

125July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:24 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Futures are good. We don't need more 3rd or 4th liners. I don't think there's much of a market for Andy and I don't think Smith yields anyone of significant value though so we need to temper expectations.

I think Tampa has the right set of players we need. If we could get Point, Palat/Killorn, and Foote/Sergachev I'd be thrilled. No picks. PM RHDs are in high demand. Foote fits that bill.

Theodore, Glass/Suzuki, Miller from Vegas is intriguing.

I don't really like anything out of Dallas aside from their stud RHD prospect.

Wishful thinking I know

126July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Futures are good. We don't need more 3rd or 4th liners. I don't think there's much of a market for Andy and I don't think Smith yields anyone of significant value though so we need to temper expectations.

I think Tampa has the right set of players we need. If we could get Point, Palat/Killorn, and Foote/Sergachev I'd be thrilled. No picks. PM RHDs are in high demand. Foote fits that bill.

Wishful thinking I know

I have to tell you, you're dreaming in technicolor. If you could get Point straight up for Karlsson, you're absolutely laughing IMO. How many 22 year olds score 30+ goals and add 30+ assists? Even Sergachev straight up would be good. 40 points as a 19 year old, played big minutes in the playoffs, ELC.

If you ever got Point + Sergachev, you're sending a LOT more than Karlsson to TB.

Now...Theodore + Glass + 1st for a signed Karlsson is more likely - and even then, they view Glass as a blue chip, can't miss prospect, so the fact that they have to add Theodore will have them cringing AND a 1st, is hard to imagine, but that would be my price if I was in charge.

127July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:06 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Futures are good. We don't need more 3rd or 4th liners. I don't think there's much of a market for Andy and I don't think Smith yields anyone of significant value though so we need to temper expectations.

Wishful thinking I know

I have to tell you, you're dreaming in technicolor.  If you could get Point straight up for Karlsson, you're absolutely laughing IMO.  How many 22 year olds score 30+ goals and add 30+ assists?   Even Sergachev straight up would be good.  40 points as a 19 year old, played big minutes in the playoffs, ELC.  

If you ever got Point + Sergachev, you're sending a LOT more than Karlsson to TB.

Now...Theodore + Glass + 1st for a signed Karlsson is more likely - and even then, they view Glass as a blue chip, can't miss prospect, so the fact that they have to add Theodore will have them cringing AND a 1st, is hard to imagine, but that would be my price if I was in charge.

Don’t undersale kalrsson. I don’t think you’re sending anything back in a sergachev point deal. You’re getting the best Dman in the league, a generational talent. There’s acost attached to that.
Or maybe you’re trying to underwhelm yourself with the return so you’ll wind up being happy when it comes to pass with more?

128July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If they get point and serg I'll film myself eating my underwear.

129July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:59 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There's no reason not to expect two good players coming back. We may end up with Foote, Point and another prospect. I'd be thrilled by that. But chances are Ottawa will need to take back salary in the trade to help Tampa out. We may end up with Stralman on a throw-away as well.

To Ottawa: Point, Foote, Katchouk, Stralman, 2020 1st rd pick
To Tampa: Karlsson, Paul

Throwing Paul in. Why not haha.

Would anyone be that disappointed with this trade?

130July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It would be a guy like coburn, not someone good like stralman, and I'd drive karlsson to the airport for that return.

131July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:09 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Point can’t be available. Already a top line caliber centre. Tampa would likely move Stamkos before point. It would be like the leafs moving Matthews or Marner.

132July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, my underwear will be eaten if we get Point and Serg. Even Point alone and I'm gonna make Underwear Jerky.

133July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:56 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

One of Sergachev or Point have to be included. It may very well end up being

To Ottawa: Tampa 2019 1st, Point, Foote, Howden/Spooner
To NYR: Tyler Johnson/Alex Killorn, Zac Smith
To Tampa: Karlsson

I dunno. Dorion loves his three-way trades. I can't even begin to speculate what ppl want

I just see Tampa's 1st as useless TBH

134July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:58 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd imagine Tampa would want something more back from NYR but the above post speaks to the compelxity

135July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Again, my underwear will be eaten if we get Point and Serg.  Even Point alone and I'm gonna make Underwear Jerky.

Cajun or chipotle lime?

136July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:One of Sergachev or Point have to be included. It may very well end up being

To Ottawa: Tampa 2019 1st, Point, Foote, Howden/Spooner
To NYR: Tyler Johnson/Alex Killorn, Zac Smith
To Tampa: Karlsson

I dunno. Dorion loves his three-way trades. I can't even begin to speculate what ppl want

I just see Tampa's 1st as useless TBH

I like the effort but I doubt this happens.

137July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Wishful thinking I know

I have to tell you, you're dreaming in technicolor.  If you could get Point straight up for Karlsson, you're absolutely laughing IMO.  How many 22 year olds score 30+ goals and add 30+ assists?   Even Sergachev straight up would be good.  40 points as a 19 year old, played big minutes in the playoffs, ELC.  

I don’t know why you expect the return to be something less than what was sent for ROR. I understand that it wasn’t necessarily quality but quantity but I believe the sabres will get more in the end from some of those players they acquired.

Karlsson has to land you 4 good assets IMO. a good young NHL player a couple of A level prospects (or your best prospect and a decent one) and a 1st. Especially without Ryan In The deal.

138July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 9 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Wishful thinking I know

I don’t know why you expect the return to be something less than what was sent for ROR. I understand that it wasn’t necessarily quality but quantity but I believe the sabres will get more in the end from some of those players they acquired.

Karlsson has to land you 4 good assets IMO. a good young NHL player a couple of A level prospects (or your best prospect and a decent one) and a 1st. Especially without Ryan In The deal.

The Sabres got one decent piece. The rest were filler.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum