GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
spader
Ev
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
wprager
22_4_ever
Lagoon
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:It's being reported that Dallas is once again the front runner for Karlsson.  I dunno...all sounds like negotiation tactics to me....  Wake me up when it happens.

Totally expecting a team to swoop in and take him away from TB this season. I think it'll be an East team that thinks it has a legit chance. I wouldn't for one second be surprised if the other powerhouses want a go at him - like Washington.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It would be so typical if Raddysh was asked for instead of Foote by Ottawa. Yzerman is a genius.

Yzerman:”Ok, we’re so close on a deal, if you really need one more prospect I can give you Foote, but there is no way we will part with Raddysh”
Dorion: “We want Raddysh”
Yzerman: “Ok, fax over the offer, we’ll sign it”

The Yzerman is a genius meme needs to die. He’s a good manager but hasn’t got his team over the top just yet, and gives out NTCs like candy

In that case I’m just wondering what Dorion has done for your constant praise? Tell me you’d rather have Dorion GMing a Karlsson trade over Yzerman...please, say it.

Last edited by Lagoon on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

All things being equal on the return my order of preference is:

Traded to Tampa
Re-signs in Ottawa
Traded to Vegas
Traded to another western team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It would be so typical if Raddysh was asked for instead of Foote by Ottawa. Yzerman is a genius.

Yzerman:”Ok, we’re so close on a deal, if you really need one more prospect I can give you Foote, but there is no way we will part with Raddysh”

The Yzerman is a genius meme needs to die. He’s a good manager but hasn’t got his team over the top just yet, and gives out NTCs like candy

I’m that case I’m just wondering what Dorion has done for your constant praise? Tell me you’d rather have Dorion GMing a Karlsson trade over Yzerman...please, say it.

I don't consider Dorion a genius. I just think Yzerman is overrated as a trader and especially a signer. The McDonagh trade and signing was brutal IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yzerman > Dorion but McPhee is the best GM out there right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yzerman > Dorion but McPhee is the best GM out there right now.

Debatable but it shows even the best GMs make monumental mistakes (Forsberg for Erat)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And he gave up a lot for Tatar.

To be honest every GM out there has made monumental mistakes.

As Sens fans we're just more tuned into Dorion's mistakes. But he did manage to:
- Shed Phaneuf
- Shed Thompson
- Acquire Duchene
- Draft some good prospects

So in some cases you have to take the good with the bad, ie: Burrows, and hopefully the Karl return is good.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:All things being equal on the return my order of preference is:

Traded to Tampa
Re-signs in Ottawa
Traded to Vegas
Traded to another western team.

Yeah I’m not overly enthusiastic about this possible Dallas front running.
I heard it yesterday but apparently Ottawa is a very leaky team. As in they leak a lot to the media in order to get positional.
This whole Dallas is the front runner to me sounds like a positional leak from Dorion in order to draw Tampa back in. Or another player.
I think Tampa could still pull it off at one point. I sure hope so because they’ve got the best prospects out of them and Dallas.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd honestly be happy with Point, Foote, Cirelli/Raddysh, 2020 1st rd pick. Hell throw in a RHD on a UFA contract (Stralman) if you can and add Harpur to the return.

Not sure why Dorion so insistent on Sergachev or a 2019 1st. Sergachev's numbers were marginally better than Chabot's (over an 82 game season) on a stacked team, and the 2019 1st is equivalent to a 2nd rounder. By adding Sergachev you'll be taking PP time away from Chabot and I don't think either would do well on PK leaving Boro as LHD option.

I'd be trying to add a guy who can score 30+ goals and a prospect who projects to be a top-four RHD and is the son of a great defenceman. If it means throwing in Brown to get Point and Sergachev in a trade I'd entertain that too.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

I’m that case I’m just wondering what Dorion has done for your constant praise? Tell me you’d rather have Dorion GMing a Karlsson trade over Yzerman...please, say it.

I don't consider Dorion a genius. I just think Yzerman is overrated as a trader and especially a signer. The McDonagh trade and signing was brutal IMO.

Did you say this before or after they signed Kucherov to a bargain 8-year extension? And also, the McDonagh trade is widely considered the best deadline deal in years. How you see that as a bad trade for Tampa is beyond me.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

The McDonaugh extension was awful. Tampa has no State tax and the best weather in the league. Yzerman inherited a franchise forward and a franchise D. Almost any GM would be successful with those benefits and an owner that spends whatever is necessary.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

In that case I’m just wondering what Dorion has done for your constant praise? Tell me you’d rather have Dorion GMing a Karlsson trade over Yzerman...please, say it.

What a ridiculous comparison. Dorion is in this situation because of Melnyk, Caryk, Lee and Canadia taxes and weather.

It's not all Stevie Y. Couple years ago he was this close to blowing the Drouin trade into the kid was finally put into the lineup and played lights out in the playoffs. The Habs got excited at the prospect of a francophone superstar not even in his prime yet. They overpaid huge. Yzerman was very lucky, IMO.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

What a ridiculous comparison. Dorion is in this situation because of Melnyk, Caryk, Lee and Canadia taxes and weather.

It's not all Stevie Y.  Couple years ago he was this close to blowing the Drouin trade into the kid was finally put into the lineup and played lights out in the playoffs. The Habs got excited at the prospect of a francophone superstar not even in his prime yet. They overpaid huge. Yzerman was very lucky, IMO.

Haha. What comparison? Nice reach. The comparison that Yzerman is a much better and actual GM over Dorion, yeah. If you want to call that a comparison, go ahead. It sure isn’t a fair one though. Keep trying or stop.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd honestly be happy with Point, Foote, Cirelli/Raddysh, 2020 1st rd pick. Hell throw in a RHD on a UFA contract (Stralman) if you can and add Harpur to the return.  

Not sure why Dorion so insistent on Sergachev or a 2019 1st. Sergachev's numbers were marginally better than Chabot's (over an 82 game season) on a stacked team, and the 2019 1st is equivalent to a 2nd rounder. By adding Sergachev you'll be taking PP time away from Chabot and I don't think either would do well on PK leaving Boro as LHD option.

I'd be trying to add a guy who can score 30+ goals and a prospect who projects to be a top-four RHD and is the son of a great defenceman. If it means throwing in Brown to get Point and Sergachev in a trade I'd entertain that too.
As you should be! If we can get anything like that we should be glad!
That’s a future first liner in point, a top prospect in foot, a promising 2nd line C in Cirelli or top prospect in Raddysh and a 1st. I sure hope you’d be happy!
IMO in terms of value today Point>sergachev. But I’d still want sergachev most when I think of the future.

And no way is strallman a throw in. He’s got value! If anyone they’d want to part with its girardi

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:The McDonaugh extension was awful.  Tampa has no State tax and the best weather in the league.  Yzerman inherited a franchise forward and a franchise D.  Almost any GM would be successful with those benefits and an owner that spends whatever is necessary.  

Yup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Holy Diddle he *is* Notch, isn't he.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

It's not all Stevie Y.  Couple years ago he was this close to blowing the Drouin trade into the kid was finally put into the lineup and played lights out in the playoffs. The Habs got excited at the prospect of a francophone superstar not even in his prime yet. They overpaid huge. Yzerman was very lucky, IMO.

Haha. What comparison? Nice reach. The comparison that Yzerman is a much better and actual GM over Dorion, yeah. If you want to call that a comparison, go ahead. It sure isn’t a fair one though. Keep trying or stop.
Why is it so hard for you to understand that any GM would be successful in Tampa with the current situation and Sam Pollack would be hard pressed to do any better than Dorion in Ottawa right now.

Crazy owner
Small budget
No support staff, not even an AGM at the moment
Highest taxes w/Toronto in the entire league

Come on you are either blind or irrational.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

You feel a sergachev trade for Drouin was an overpayment?
I think Drouin is much better than he’s shown in Mtl, he’s just not utilized correctly. I knew it was a mistake to try and make him a C. Plus they’ have a crap team with a few good players. He’d be much better elsewhere.

Speaking of Mtl, how about that Pacioretty situation? They sure are making a mess of it. What is it with our eastern Canada team when Toronto is the only team that looks right. World upside down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum