GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
spader
Ev
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
wprager
22_4_ever
Lagoon
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote?  I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.
I’m not sure why that would be stupid. Also Dorion and Mann know their prospects. Foote was a highly questionable pick

Foote is a MUCH better prospect than Radyysh, it's not even close IMO.

Actually believe it or not by Raddysh for a lot of scouts is a more highly rated prospect.  The expectation is if he doesnt make the bolts this season he is almost a lock for the 2019 year, whereas Foote is stiill 2-3 years away.  I'm not saying that the only part of the deal was Raddysh for Foote, that's just the pieces I was told.  There is more to both offers (TB's to Ott and Ott's rebuttle).

I seriously have no idea where things stand now, but I do know that TB was not impressed....

Honestly Diddle Tampa. Glad we’re playing hardba

Also l don’t think Foote is a big prospect...seems more like a Cowen type

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:That part scares me. If Karlsson is dead set on Tampa and they are willing to wait until he's UFA we could really lose him for pennies on the dollar.

Lose him as a rental, potentially to an arch rival of TB and perhaps someone they have to play in the playoffs. They can kiss my Donkey. Yzerman always makes the best trades, well...maybe not this time

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote?  I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.
I’m not sure why that would be stupid. Also Dorion and Mann know their prospects. Foote was a highly questionable pick

Foote is a MUCH better prospect than Radyysh, it's not even close IMO.

I absolutely agree. Foote may have been taken earlier than expected by Yzerman in the draft, but not one scout is questioning that pick anymore. Yzerman also refused to deal Foote as part of the McDonaugh deal. Foote and Raddysh are both a year away still. Raddysh sulked because he had to do things himself at the start his season with the basement dwelling Otters and even when he wore out his welcome and got traded to SSM, he needed Katchouk and Frost to feed him. Foote is the piece Yzerman wouldn’t want part with. Raddysh is obsolete in Tampa now with guys like Katchouk, Cirelli, Volkov and Joseph in the system and thriving.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It would be so typical if Raddysh was asked for instead of Foote by Ottawa. Yzerman is a genius.

Yzerman:”Ok, we’re so close on a deal, if you really need one more prospect I can give you Foote, but there is no way we will part with Raddysh”
Dorion: “We want Raddysh”
Yzerman: “Ok, fax over the offer, we’ll sign it”

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To play devil's advocate, if there's one thing the Sens are pretty good at, it's amateur talent evaluation. If they think this kid is the one for them, so be it. He's big, apparently likes to wear opponents down with his size and obviously has a (junior) scoring touch.

Foote is a work in progress, but has the attributes to be a #2 D-man. Slowish apparently though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:To play devil's advocate, if there's one thing the Sens are pretty good at, it's amateur talent evaluation.  If they think this kid is the one for them, so be it.  He's big, apparently likes to wear opponents down with his size and obviously has a (junior) scoring touch.

Foote is a work in progress, but has the attributes to be a #2 D-man.  Slowish apparently though.

I don’t think we can continue to compare the Sens current scouting department with the days of old. The staff now is lean. Things will start changing for the worst if they haven’t already. With that said, I liked our draft this year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:It would be so typical if Raddysh was asked for instead of Foote by Ottawa. Yzerman is a genius.

Yzerman:”Ok, we’re so close on a deal, if you really need one more prospect I can give you Foote, but there is no way we will part with Raddysh”

The Yzerman is a genius meme needs to die. He’s a good manager but hasn’t got his team over the top just yet, and gives out NTCs like candy

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Burrows was on TSN 1200 at some point recently and said he wished he did more to try and fix the locker room this past season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeybreak is reporting a series of trades which I do not believe is a good source but the trade sort of makes sense. Not sure what to make of the rumored trade. I'd much prefer Foote over Raddysh and it seems like Tampa is giving up a lot (but are also shedding a ton of salary):

NJD: Ryan, T. Johnson, Cirelli
TB: Karlsson, McLeod
Ott: Sergachev, Raddysh, Zajac, Zacha, Tampa 2020 1st

To NYR: Stephens, Callahan, 2019 3rd
To TB: Tampa 2nd rd pick

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hockeybreak is reporting a series of trades which I do not believe is a good source but the trade sort of makes sense. Not sure what to make of the rumored trade. I'd much prefer Foote over Raddysh and it seems like Tampa is giving up a lot (but are also shedding a ton of salary):

NJD: Ryan, T. Johnson, Cirelli
TB: Karlsson, McLeod
Ott: Sergachev, Raddysh, Zajac, Zacha, Tampa 2020 1st

To NYR: Stephens, Callahan, 2019 3rd
To TB: Tampa 2nd rd pick

none of these "rumor" accounts are credible.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Kuch signed 8 year extension

Tampa can still fit Karlsson by moving Callahan and Johnson/Palat but this was probably a message that TB is no longer interested and for Dorion to go diddle himself. Back to a bad Dallas return.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well that will make Hedman upset. He'd much rather dress up as pirates with Karlsson than Sergachev.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:I honestly don't see that as a possibility anymore. He's seen what other teams are offering. We can't compete with Dallas or Tampa wrt taxes. Even if the new owner came in with a nice, fat wallet Tampa is way ahead of us.  Even if Duchene is an upgrade on Turris we lost Hoffman plus Brassard plus Phaneuf from the team that almost made the finals. And only hope that Anderson rebounds.
You talk about the taxes but TB won’t give him 8 x 11.  Stamkos is 8.5 Hedman is 7.9, TB accounts for the beneficial tax situation in lower AAV.  I would imagine EK and Kucheriv would both be under 10M.
And the Kucherov deal is under 10M. I still think EK comes in just under 10M if he signs in Tampa.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:I honestly don't see that as a possibility anymore. He's seen what other teams are offering. We can't compete with Dallas or Tampa wrt taxes. Even if the new owner came in with a nice, fat wallet Tampa is way ahead of us.  Even if Duchene is an upgrade on Turris we lost Hoffman plus Brassard plus Phaneuf from the team that almost made the finals. And only hope that Anderson rebounds.
You talk about the taxes but TB won’t give him 8 x 11.  Stamkos is 8.5 Hedman is 7.9, TB accounts for the beneficial tax situation in lower AAV.  I would imagine EK and Kucheriv would both be under 10M.
And the Kucherov deal is under 10M.  I still think EK comes in just under 10M if he signs in Tampa.

It's still possible he gets traded there and they become the Warriors of the NHL. They're well on their way. Honestly they had to re-sign Kuch anyway. This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

If they want Karl I'd throw in Harpur and Paul to try to get a better return. They need RFA and low dollar value players to support them going forward.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's being reported that Dallas is once again the front runner for Karlsson.  I dunno...all sounds like negotiation tactics to me....  Wake me up when it happens.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:It's being reported that Dallas is once again the front runner for Karlsson.  I dunno...all sounds like negotiation tactics to me....  Wake me up when it happens.

Totally expecting a team to swoop in and take him away from TB this season. I think it'll be an East team that thinks it has a legit chance. I wouldn't for one second be surprised if the other powerhouses want a go at him - like Washington.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It would be so typical if Raddysh was asked for instead of Foote by Ottawa. Yzerman is a genius.

The Yzerman is a genius meme needs to die. He’s a good manager but hasn’t got his team over the top just yet, and gives out NTCs like candy

In that case I’m just wondering what Dorion has done for your constant praise? Tell me you’d rather have Dorion GMing a Karlsson trade over Yzerman...please, say it.

Last edited by Lagoon on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

All things being equal on the return my order of preference is:

Traded to Tampa
Re-signs in Ottawa
Traded to Vegas
Traded to another western team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]