GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 41]

5712018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
PTFlea wrote:2 early 2nds would be great, is that accurate?

They traded down 4 spots and added a mid 2nd rounder

And still no one took noel.

Really weird. Maybe there’s something on him that teams know that’s not out there?

5722018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:

Really weird. Maybe there’s something on him that teams know that’s not out there?

After the top 10 or whatever the draft is all over the place every year . Draft rankings especially mean nothing . Maybe Noel will be available at sens next pick

5732018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:

After the top 10 or whatever the draft is all over the place every year . Draft rankings especially mean nothing . Maybe Noel will be available at sens next pick

At 46? That would be nuts

5742018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someone on HF was theorized that a couple of players could be traded tomorrow for 2 2nds. They didn't get the first they wanted for a couple of players, I assume. Skinner, Faulk, Lindholm, Pacioretty.

5752018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Per ISS, Bernard-Docker is projected as a top-pair 2-way d-man:
Size/Strength: Good
Skating: Very Good
Puck Skills: Very Good
Shot: Very Good
Offensive Play: Very Good
Defensive Play: Very Good
Physical: Play Good
Competitiveness: Very Good
Hockey Sense: Excellent

Stole this from Twitter.

5762018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/05/16/jacob-bernard-docker-scouting-report-2018-nhl-draft/

5772018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:16 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm surprised by the JBD pick. They could have probably drafted him in the mid to late 30s . Could have used that second and an asset to move down

5782018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:37 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm surprised by the JBD pick. They could have probably drafted him in the mid to late 30s . Could have used that second and an asset to move down

That’s what I thought too but with so many picks coming out of left field maybe they didn’t want to test their luck too much.

5792018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm OK with the Tkachuk pick.  I didn't think I would be, but I am.  Nice to have a guy with high grit factor that can play in the top 6.  At least if he isn't putting up points, we know that he'll be piledriving guys around the ice.  I like to think of him as our answer to guys like Simmonds, Marchand, Gallagher, etc.

It was also nice to see that all the "Insider" speculation about trades fell flat, again. I guess they need to learn that big deals rarely happen on the draft floor.

5802018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:26 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:

No nothing about attitude or work habbits. He's more of a project than other players, so some teams are looking at higher skill for their 1st round pick. He's big, and loves to hit and can score. I think he's a diamond in the rough. I know the family and my son has been on the ice training with him in the past. He's respectful and hard working every time I've seen him on the ice. My kid looks up to him and has for years....he'll get drafted but is likely 4-5 years away from any NHL lineup.

5812018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Must admit, I was not happy at first. But more than willing to let the kid prove me wrong. Guess I'm still concerned from the hype around White (who had better production and better results against the same calibre of competition.

Tkachuk is bigger, and we need size up front (Bobby Ryan is big but not a great skater). I know that White is fast and hopefully so is Tkachuk.

Team speed is everything in today's NHL and we just lost Hoffman, and still have Ryan. And, of course, Stone.

5822018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As for B-D, if that's the guy they wanted more than any other in the next 20 on their list, best to go out and get him than risk losing him for a 3rd or 4th.

5832018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can't believe noel is still there.

5842018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was stunned when we didn't take zadina, and upset for some reason, but yeah, at least I knew something about Tkachuk

5852018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like the sound of our 2nd round pick. Loading up on dmen, which is a good thing

5862018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:11 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tkachuk has played with Brown and his brother with White. Said he knew Wideman as well. Apparently Zadina didn't do well in the combine and he shies away from the high contact areas.

The positive of all this we have three American and three Canadian WJHC studs vying for spots next year. We could very well see a combination of Tkachuk, Brown, White, Burrows, MPS, Pyatt, Chalpik, McCormick, Formenton in the bottom six next year. There could be worse things.

5872018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Tkachuk has played with Brown and his brother with White. Said he knew Wideman as well. Apparently Zadina didn't do well in the combine and he shies away from the high contact areas.

The positive of all this we have three American and three Canadian WJHC studs vying for spots next year.  We could very well see a combination of Tkachuk, Brown, White, Burrows, MPS, Pyatt, Chalpik, McCormick, Formenton in the bottom six next year. There could be worse things.

Yeah, that was the sentiment from the minute we traded Brassard. Pageau with good linemates won't produce that much less than Brassard and then you open the hole at 3C for Brown to be eased into it gently - and now you have Tkachuk and White to start bolstering the lineup with some LONG overdue young, spirited bucks.

5882018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Must admit, I was not happy at first. But more than willing to let the kid prove me wrong. Guess I'm still concerned from the hype around White (who had better production and better results against the same calibre of competition.

Tkachuk is bigger, and we need size up front (Bobby Ryan is big but not a great skater). I know that White is fast and hopefully so is Tkachuk.

Team speed is everything in today's NHL and we just lost Hoffman, and still have Ryan. And, of course, Stone.

White doesn’t have Tkachuks offense

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum