GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Sturtz was signed by Belleville to an ATO and can make his pro debut tonight.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Anderson is in the starters net for their game day skate.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I don’t think Stone will play because he was skating in replace of Smith who was absent.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I still hold out hope that Gustavsson will get the call on Friday night against his old team.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:I don’t think Stone will play because he was skating in replace of Smith who was absent.

Confirmed.

Lagoon wrote:I still hold out hope that Gustavsson will get the call on Friday night against his old team.

Boucher says the plan is Taylor and Anderson splitting the final two games of the year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I still hold out hope that Gustavsson will get the call on Friday night against his old team.

It's nice to give it to Taylor just for the fact that Belleville was a real grind this year, especially for the goalies. I looked at his HockeyDB page and believe that Ottawa will be the 20th pro team he'll be playing for.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I get it and it is one of the reasons I love Ottawa. To me, they have always seemed to do the right thing for the players and fans. From trading Fisher to Nashville, Phaneuf to LA, military nights and donations, private pickups for players. A lot of the things they do, aren’t made public. The way Alfie left is sour with me and if Karlsson leaves, that will out weigh all the good things I’ve loved Ottawa. Basically, Melnyk is making me sour on the Sens lately. Good for Taylor, he does deserve it and if this is his 20th pro team, that’s crazy. I just want to see Gustavsson because I think someone like him would get so much better this offseason if he had a taste against his former team versus just finishing in the AHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Give the 31 year old journeyman who will never play a game for this franchise again a chance to play. He deserves it after playing in front of a bad team and playing second fiddle to a goalie who wasn't even Ottawa property. This could be Taylor's last to make an impression and fight for another AHL contract.

Gustavsson and Hogberg will be platooning in Belleville next year and will get games via injury call-up. I'd also hate for Gustavsson to get shelled at the NHL level and head into the off-season rattled.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m fine with it. It’s an emergency call up and I wouldn’t want Gustavsson here for as long as they will need Taylor this season. All I’m saying is I want Gustavsson for one game against Pittsburgh, because whether he gets shelled or not, I think it helps someone with Gustavsson’s admitted drive to be the best.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gustavsson is what, 19?

I’m absolutely ok with him not playing an NHL game this year. Get his feet wet in the AHL. Get him understanding that’s hes gonna be there for a couple of years. No need for any NHL tryouts.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seems like stone is looking that the Sens are trying to stay competitive going forward. Looking for reassurances about the direction of the team. The length of his next contract might indicate how he feels about sticking around. If he goes to arb and only accepts a short deal you know all is not well with the Sens.

Resigning kalrsson would surely help the Sens stay competitive.

I guess what management (or Melnyk I should say)decides is the direction of this team for the next couple of years will make a big impact on all the upcoming contracts that have to be renegotiated.

If we wind up having to trade karlsson and duchene does it make sense to retain stone? If you’re forced into a rebuild you might as well make a real one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, that settles it. No 18.5 % chances. Anyways with our luck we wouldn’t have gotten Dahlin. Well likely finish 4rth or 5th.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Seems like stone is looking that the Sens are trying to stay competitive going forward. Looking for reassurances about the direction of the team. The length of his next contract might indicate how he feels about sticking around. If he goes to arb and only accepts a short deal you know all is not well with the Sens.

Resigning kalrsson would surely help the Sens stay competitive.

I guess what management (or Melnyk I should say)decides is the direction of this team for the next couple of years will make a big impact on all the upcoming contracts that have to be renegotiated.

If we wind up having to trade karlsson and duchene does it make sense to retain stone? If you’re forced into a rebuild you might as well make a real one.
I personally don’t feel re-signing Duch is tied to EK staying. I know you keep trying to tie them together but I am extremely confident Duch stays a Sen regardless of the Karlsson saga.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I think they are tied as well, even if it is as minor as what Duchene will ask for money wise without Karlsson here. Same with Stone. Stone said yesterday he needs to see the right direction from the organization.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I just heard on the radio that Stone is out for the year with a high ankle sprain., Gaborik 8 weeks, which means if his recovery is on schedule we can still buy him out if that was wanted by management. Ryan should play in Pittsburgh.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I just heard on the radio that Stone is out for the year with a high ankle sprain., Gaborik 8 weeks, which means if his recovery is on schedule we can still buy him out if that was wanted by management. Ryan should play in Pittsburgh.

I can't believe the plan is to buy out Gaborik...if that were the plan, why in the hell did they give him one minute of ice time?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t know their plan and ice time was given to Ottawa and Belleville players based on whomevers wife made the best cookies for Boucher and KK. That much I know.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Chabot says yes to Canada’s invite to the WC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum