GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Lightning- Dec 21, 2017, 7:30pm

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Our lineup next year could very well look something like:

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Hoffman-Brown-Dzingel
Formenton-Pageau-White
Paul-Chlapik-Pyatt

XXXXX-Karlsson
Claesson-Chabot
Englund-Jaros

It'd be fun to watch this team. A lot of speed and skill throughout the lineup.

Ryan-Stone-Brown-Paul -- none of those are speed demons.  I'm hoping Brown will improve, and that size/reach will make up for at least some of the foot speed (he's a better skater than Stone was so there's that).  So there's still room to improve with the overall team speed.  Also XXXXX=Chabot, and put Wideman back where he belongs.  If Wides doesn't get re-signed then they have to go out and get a right-hand puck mover.  I think Doughty may be available, soon Smile

Drool

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im unable to watch right now but reading that Ryan is scoring is great. When he’s not injured this year it seems like he’s been following on his post season success from last year

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Im unable to watch right now but reading that Ryan is scoring is great. When he’s not injured this year it seems like he’s been following on his post season success from last year

It was a Tampa own-goal, but we'll take it!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Im unable to watch right now but reading that Ryan is scoring is great. When he’s not injured this year it seems like he’s been following on his post season success from last year

It was a Tampa own-goal, but we'll take it!
Laugh1

Yeah ok then! Whatever works!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hate myself for getting suckered into hoping.

I am not (yet) on the "fire Boucher" wagon, but he's got to get less stubborn. What he's doing is not working. Playing favorites, relying to much on vets over young players, three powerplay.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I mean it's probably time to start giving the kids more ice time.

Looking at this game in a vacuum, I think we'd be happy picking up a point against the best team in the league...so that's what I'm going with!!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Unleash Chabot. Seriously. MacAvoy is killing it in Boston while Ottawa's blue-chip prospect is playing 8 mins a game on his off side.

Boucher needs to make a system that fits his players - not the other way around.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Unleash Chabot. Seriously. MacAvoy is killing it in Boston while Ottawa's blue-chip prospect is playing 8 mins a game on his off side.

Boucher needs to make a system that fits his players - not the other way around.

chabot hasn't played off side in a long time

mcavoy and chabot are different. One has much lower upside offensively and was more nhl ready

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shots were 33 - 10 for Tampa when Ceci was on the ice. Maybe he shouldn't play 33 minutes. Just sayin.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Unleash Chabot. Seriously. MacAvoy is killing it in Boston while Ottawa's blue-chip prospect is playing 8 mins a game on his off side.

mcavoy and chabot are different. One has much lower upside offensively and was more nhl ready

Why was he more NHL ready? Who decided that? Pierre was very bullish on McAvoy, and he was just as bullish on White and Chabot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If you look at Points per 60 minutes among all defensemen who have played 15 or more games, Chris Wideman is second (2.60 vs. 2.67 for Sergachev). He frequently had some of the lowest TOI among Sens' D. If you expand the field to 14 games ore more, Chabot is #8 in the league. Karlsson is #10.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still maintain that Harpur makes the same number of mistakes as Chabot, but then he gets more shifts anyway. If you bench someone right after they make a mistake their mistakes-per-60 will be artificially high.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Why was he more NHL ready?  Who decided that?  Pierre was very bullish on McAvoy, and he was just as bullish on White and Chabot.

Yes he was. He’s more defensive and already played pro hockey. He’s bigger and thicker

I really don’t care what Pierre thibks

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well it's getting to the point where it makes zero sense to keep trying the same thing night after night. Time to significantly alter the playing time of vets/kids and give something new a whirl.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Why was he more NHL ready?  Who decided that?  Pierre was very bullish on McAvoy, and he was just as bullish on White and Chabot.

Yes he was. He’s more defensive and already played pro hockey. He’s bigger and thicker

Pierre knows more about hockey than everyone here, combined. He's a name dropper, he says things in a funny way, and he's a little weird sometimes, but he knows his sh*t.

He is bigger and thicker? Will I didn't realize that was a pre-condition to playing in the NHL. Chabot is taller and better at everything. So what. Still have not answered my question.

The biggest difference is that MacAvoy was given a chance.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Pierre knows more about hockey than everyone here, combined.  He's a name dropper, he says things in a funny way, and he's a little weird sometimes, but he knows his sh*t.

He is bigger and thicker?  Will I didn't realize that was a pre-condition to playing in the NHL.  Chabot is taller and better at everything.  So what.  Still have not answered my question.  

The biggest difference is that MacAvoy was given a chance.

I Didn’t say Chabot shouldn’t be in the nhl, it’s just fact that Mcavoy was more ready and no , he isn’t as good defensively as mcavoy. Chabot is not better at everything , I think this is just a case of not knowing the other player

When it comes to prospects I don’t buy anything Pierre says as he just doesn’t have the time to actually scout all these players.

You’re comparing apples and oranges. Chabot is being groomed like Karlsson was

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson started in the NHL, got sent down for, what, 9 games in Bingo? Then he was back and playing a *regular*shift. Just checked, he had over 20 minutes TOI per game, 3rd highest on the team, solidly in the top-four. Imagine if Karlsson broke into the league during Phillips' last season and they played #4 ahead of him by a two-to-one (if not three-to-one) margin.

You still didn't tell me *who* said that MacAvoy *was* more NHL ready. They brass in Boston too a chance because he showed well at the Worlds against the best U20 players. Chabot was at the same tournament and showed even better. If Chabot was in the Boston organization (and not competing for a Memorial Cup) he would have been given the ice time in the playoffs. I have no idea how he would have done, we will never know. All I know is that *AT THE TIME* there was nothing that MacAvoy had over Chabot (it was the other way around) other than the trust/faith of the management team in Boston. Not sure if Cassidy had trust in him or if he was *told* to play him. Again, we'll never know. What we *do* know is that Boucher has definite trust issues with players he hasn't coached before and who don't have NHL experience. If Dorion didn't surround him with such players (cast offs who couldn't get another NHL job) then he'd have no other choice but to play them.

I blame Boucher for being stubborn, I blame Dorion for being stupid and Melnyk for being cheap (I'd bet he was all over the decision to sign guys who would play for league minimum or close to that).

And I *don't* blame the fans for staying away.

Bring on the World Juniors. Bring on the Olympics. This season is over.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And, yeah, I hope to hell I get to eat crow over that post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum